AUDIOSENSE in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Aug 7, 2019 at 4:56 AM Post #1,081 of 5,890
So why not EQ the treble to how you want it? I have to say you may not be dissatisfied with the T800, wait until you hear it first. We all have different hearing, the dip in the upper tuning may suit your taste.
Mine dm6 was clearly not according specifications so i didn't bother to change with eq. Because all treble section was strangely metallic sounding, not natural. I like when treble isn't muddy, it is nice when there is some spice so i am not treblefobic as it could look. But when it is making everything sound like it shouldn't and splashes sound like crashes (according BBGAR) then i know i am no going to like that. So i know its difficult but don't want to make a mistake and sorry for giving not so good experience as it could be totally different for others.

Aug 7, 2019 at 9:38 AM Post #1,083 of 5,890
Is someone listening t800 with spotify? As i understand from all opinions t800 can't be used with lower quality sources. So if using streaming this model is useless, right?. Who wants to hear compressions and mp3 artefacts in your face. So practically this model only for "audiophiles" with their hi rez ideally mastered files. Not made for casual listeners listening usual low rez files and wanting to feel comfortable. This should be kept in mind before deciding to buy it. Perhaps more musical softer sounding iems is better for enjoyment from spotify.
Mp3 320 kbps no problem. (for me, not spotify though)

Aug 7, 2019 at 10:47 AM Post #1,084 of 5,890
Mine dm6 was clearly not according specifications so i didn't bother to change with eq. Because all treble section was strangely metallic sounding, not natural. I like when treble isn't muddy, it is nice when there is some spice so i am not treblefobic as it could look. But when it is making everything sound like it shouldn't and splashes sound like crashes (according BBGAR) then i know i am no going to like that. So i know its difficult but don't want to make a mistake and sorry for giving not so good experience as it could be totally different for others.

Fair enough, but fwiw I did not like the dm6 treble at all, but love the T800. Dm6 was definitely peaky in some areas and the mids were very weird to me. T800 is fuller sounding across the range and more cohesive.

Aug 7, 2019 at 4:48 PM Post #1,086 of 5,890
Aug 7, 2019 at 4:54 PM Post #1,088 of 5,890
Just wanted to let the T180 owners know - the standard metal Knowles dampers do in fact insert easily and securely into the T180 nozzle.

No special consideration is needed. Just pick what color you would like to use, and stick them in the nozzle.

Therefore, it will be possible for all current T180 owners to ‘convert’ their T180 to the latest spec version (which will be coming from Audiosense with preinstalled grey dampers).

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2019 at 4:56 PM Post #1,089 of 5,890
Thanks.

Wouldn't the highs/air extension be tamed excessively and the bass boosted too much with these wide bore tips compared with the stock silicon ones?
Yes

Aug 7, 2019 at 5:31 PM Post #1,090 of 5,890
I received my T180 today without a damper and I'm not impressed. Please make sure yours comes with a damper. My KZ ED9 for $10 sound smoother and "much better".

There is something harsh sounding about the T180 without a damper and its disappointing because I have a feeling it can beat a lot of KZ's. Maybe not the ZS10 Pro (?) but the other models.

* No burn in time has been done.

PS: The T800 fabric skinny mic'ed cable as a bonus was a bad joke. The T180 cable seems way better quality and looks nicer. I expected a braided copper T800 cable and got a $1 cable? Lol.

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2019 at 7:27 PM Post #1,091 of 5,890
Just wanted to let the T180 owners know - the standard metal Knowles dampers do in fact insert easily and securely into the T180 nozzle.

No special consideration is needed. Just pick what color you would like to use, and stick them in the nozzle.

Therefore, it will be possible for all current T180 owners to ‘convert’ their T180 to the latest spec version (which will be coming from Audiosense with preinstalled grey dampers).

That's good news. Until my dampers get here I've inserted the yellow foams from a pair of MH755 housings that I butchered when I first tried to mod them (RIP) and that ended up rounding out the upper mids for me. But I agree with LaughMoreDaily, these things are too harsh without some sort of damping. I'm glad that they're going to start installing dampers in the first place, if that is the case. The cable is nice though, LOL.

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2019 at 10:27 PM Post #1,092 of 5,890
Aug 7, 2019 at 10:35 PM Post #1,093 of 5,890
Aug 8, 2019 at 12:08 AM Post #1,095 of 5,890
In fact, when I received t180 I was totally disappointed, the sound is very hard, there was no way I could hear them, report that in the Facebook group but no one agreed. Then I discovered that they did not come with knowles damper and that can cause 3k frequency to get out of Control. Not sure if it would be fixed with damper but I prefer $ 3 sony mh755 (no joke)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back