AUDIOSENSE in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Feb 17, 2024 at 7:37 AM Post #5,881 of 5,890
So I got my DT600 and the AQ0.

The DT600 is pretty good. The felt bright in the start and Im using them also from laptop so I dont want to have to need the resistor (I have bought some different ones) bc it will stick out too much from the side.
After some use without the resistor I feel they are fine, they are not too bright and they go really low and have good detail. Bargain at the 50% off price. I am very much enjoying them.

BUT GUYS! I have some questions about the AQ0.
They were for my daughter. She loves bass and have been using Alpha Delta KS3 because they are smaller in size but they dont have alot of bass so I got her the KZ ZAX just to try out if that is what she likes, they were like $38 at the time.

She has used the ZAX for 1.5 years, and now she tried the AQ0 and she said they werent that much different so I sat down and compared myself.
And wow. There actualy isnt that much difference. The AQ0 is supposed to be $100 (i got them for $50).

Just switching beween them the ZAX is brighter and have more bass. But after listening more the AQ0 has better quality bass, and the less bright sound that imediately feels like lesss details actually is a good thing between the two, because the ZAX gets fatuiging after a while.

So all in all she is happy, but personally I am not that impressed because even tho the AQ0 IS BETTER, they are still not that much better for over 2x the price, and I do feel they are slightly too muffled/too little of the bright.

Is there an IEM with the same sound as my DT600 but with more bass that could fit her? She dont want less bass than the ZAX or AQ0 but preferably they shouldnt feel low in brightness everytime you put them in.

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2024 at 4:28 PM Post #5,882 of 5,890
I got the AQ7 Pro Insight from Aliexpress during the last 50% off sell. The shipping was quick, only took about 19 days. Since the beginning, I think the AQ7 Pro is the same as the AQ7.
I already have the T800, and like it quite a bit. I saw mixed reviews about AQ7, but still decided to give it a try.

So far, my impression is quite good. It sounds similar to the T800. If I really have to pick a difference, I'd say it has slightly more resolution in the higher frequency zone. When playing string music, like string quartet, it brings out a bit more touch when the bow slides across the strings.

But I have a questions about an issue. I pair the buds with the mid size tip from Audiosence. When I insert the buds into ears, wiggle them around for a comfort fit, I can hear a metal clicking sound. Both buds make that sound while the right one is more muted. I cannot see any loose pieces in the buds.

Do other AQ7 owners notice similar sound?

Feb 21, 2024 at 5:17 PM Post #5,883 of 5,890
But I have a questions about an issue. I pair the buds with the mid size tip from Audiosence. When I insert the buds into ears, wiggle them around for a comfort fit, I can hear a metal clicking sound. Both buds make that sound while the right one is more muted. I cannot see any loose pieces in the buds.
Sounds like you are getting driver flex from it. It is not harmful. Although annoying.

Feb 21, 2024 at 6:29 PM Post #5,884 of 5,890
Yup, it's driver flex - I experienced the same in my set of AQ7 Pro. I consider it to be a minor con.

Feb 21, 2024 at 7:35 PM Post #5,885 of 5,890
what does it mean? the driver is not fixed in its position?

Feb 21, 2024 at 10:45 PM Post #5,886 of 5,890
what does it mean? the driver is not fixed in its position?

Driver flex is when the diaphragm of the dynamic driver (usually) crumples during insertion, due to air not venting properly, so it compressed the diaphragm. You hear a crinkling sound. Yep, my previous AQ7 had driver flex too. This is usually due to a too tight seal, and is partially related to the tips we use and/or our ear anatomy, maybe sometimes it occurs in certain IEM shell designs with insufficient venting. I found a few ways to mitigate it, YMMV:

1) Use foam tips instead of silicone tips, works sometimes for me. Probably cause the foam is porous and lets air escape thru the foams rather than going into the IEM shell.

2) Sometimes using another silicone tip that has lesser seal may reduce driver flex, though at the expense of isolation. Try a variety of different ear tips and sizes if you can, some tips give more driver flex than others.

3) Try opening your mouth and pulling up the earlobe before inserting the IEM, this opens the ear canal a bit for more space to insert the eartip, and hopefully some air can escape during insertion with the bigger diameter of the ear canal. ENT surgeons use this before inserting a earprobe into the ear, and it helps for me for driver flex.

4) Insert the ear tip slowly or not too deeply initially, and slowly make fine adjustments to push it in. Or insert it at an angle.

I have written in to a few manufacturers asking about driver flex, most of them claim it won't damage the drivers. But I have read anecdotal reports in audio forums of users saying their driver died after a very bad case of driver flex. So far, I've not had a single dynamic driver die on me due to driver flex, but YMMV.

Feb 22, 2024 at 9:59 PM Post #5,887 of 5,890
Thanks a lot for the explanation. It makes me less worried about the issue.
Driver flex is when the diaphragm of the dynamic driver (usually) crumples during insertion, due to air not venting properly, so it compressed the diaphragm. You hear a crinkling sound. Yep, my previous AQ7 had driver flex too. This is usually due to a too tight seal, and is partially related to the tips we use and/or our ear anatomy, maybe sometimes it occurs in certain IEM shell designs with insufficient venting. I found a few ways to mitigate it, YMMV:

1) Use foam tips instead of silicone tips, works sometimes for me. Probably cause the foam is porous and lets air escape thru the foams rather than going into the IEM shell.

2) Sometimes using another silicone tip that has lesser seal may reduce driver flex, though at the expense of isolation. Try a variety of different ear tips and sizes if you can, some tips give more driver flex than others.

3) Try opening your mouth and pulling up the earlobe before inserting the IEM, this opens the ear canal a bit for more space to insert the eartip, and hopefully some air can escape during insertion with the bigger diameter of the ear canal. ENT surgeons use this before inserting a earprobe into the ear, and it helps for me for driver flex.

4) Insert the ear tip slowly or not too deeply initially, and slowly make fine adjustments to push it in. Or insert it at an angle.

I have written in to a few manufacturers asking about driver flex, most of them claim it won't damage the drivers. But I have read anecdotal reports in audio forums of users saying their driver died after a very bad case of driver flex. So far, I've not had a single dynamic driver die on me due to driver flex, but YMMV.

Feb 22, 2024 at 11:43 PM Post #5,888 of 5,890
I got the AQ7 Pro Insight from Aliexpress during the last 50% off sell. The shipping was quick, only took about 19 days. Since the beginning, I think the AQ7 Pro is the same as the AQ7.
I already have the T800, and like it quite a bit. I saw mixed reviews about AQ7, but still decided to give it a try.

So far, my impression is quite good. It sounds similar to the T800. If I really have to pick a difference, I'd say it has slightly more resolution in the higher frequency zone. When playing string music, like string quartet, it brings out a bit more touch when the bow slides across the strings.

Do other AQ7 owners notice similar sound?

I have no driver flex at all with AQ4 but I do get some on the AQ0. As Baskingshark mentioned, it's tip dependant. If you don't want to shift bass balance with foams, I'd suggest trying Tangzu Sancai tips.

Mar 8, 2024 at 4:11 PM Post #5,890 of 5,890
Having the AQ7 for a few weeks now. I am satisfied with its sound quality, enjoying every bit of it, even the look. It is a beautiful set. But the driver flex is really annoying.

My ears are not very sensitive, both T800 and AQ7 sound similar to me. The T800 sound may be a tad loose, the AQ7 on the other hand may be a bit firm, but both are very capable.

I don't have the ambition to try as many IEM as possible. This is the end game for me.

I am happy those Chinese companies make high quality audio equipment affordable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back