AUDIOSENSE in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Aug 8, 2019 at 1:21 PM Post #1,111 of 5,890
Re T800:
I do not experience harsh treble nor ear fatigue. Using complimentary copper cable.
$0.02.

Same here. I feel that the stock white damper is perfect, and I felt additional dampers started detracting from the sound. But then again, I like headphones that are bright and have sparkle (but not overly so).

Obviously the ideal sound is totally dependent on each listener - our individual preferences, age related losses, treble tolerance, musical genres, ear canal anatomy (ie harmonics which amplify certain frequencies), etc.

The T800 is special in that it allows all of us the opportunity to easily tweak the sound to our preference (even to reduce the bass if we so choose).

As @NymPHONOmaniac pointed out, it is very tip dependent, and I’m also noticing it’s very responsive to source changes. It definitely sounds better and more controlled with some sources, and not so great with other sources.

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2019 at 1:45 PM Post #1,113 of 5,890
Aug 8, 2019 at 1:52 PM Post #1,115 of 5,890
your dap distorts with T800 because they have very low impedance of 9ohms
yeah....but here its not all about power output, but clean current I guess....even at high gain it will not distort on my DX90, but will have thicker overall sound that inflict on overall imaging and clarity....i should have take electronic classes instead of art classes....so confuse....the Audirect beam is not powerfull but sound great with T800.

Hum, is it possible that the SNR is too high and will create this distortion:

V1-A DAC-AMP:
AK4377ECB
Name
Product category: Audio > Audio D/A converter
Title
32-bit Stereo D/A Converter with Headphone Amplifier
SNR: 128dB, THD+N: -109dB
Sampling Rate: 8 to 768kHz, Supporting DSD256

Headphone AmplifierGround-referenced Class-G Stereo Headphone Amplifier
- Output Power: 60mW @ 16Ω
- Output Noise Level: -129dBV
- Analog Volume: +4 to -20dB & Mute
- Ground Loop Noise Canceling

Aug 8, 2019 at 1:53 PM Post #1,116 of 5,890
Is there something to do against that ?

You can use maybe an adaptor? Saw DUNU Conductor Earphone Impedance Plug in AE, but don't have any experience with them.

Aug 8, 2019 at 2:38 PM Post #1,117 of 5,890
Had a coversation with Audiosense regarding T800 and the upcoming T800 PRO today.
And they sure are trying to please as many people as possible.
I can't talk to much about the PRO version at this time cause it is not finalized yet,and i don't want to spread
missinformation if they decide to change the spec later on.
But what's already been decided is that the nozzle will be redisigned,so the damper will sit closer to the nozzle tip.
I told them (which they acknowledged they planned to do) to make sure that the preinstalled damper would be completely replaceble,and not just "stackable" as it is today.
I also suggested to put different dampers +damper tool in the box,so people can change tuning if they feel like it,and they kind of acknowledged that also
because it seems they are going for 3 different tunings to choose from...
So my guess is there will be 3 different filter in the box.But we will se...

About the tuning of the PRO version.
Alibaba translate is not you're friend that's for sure,but if i didn't misinterpreted the answer it seems they will keep the tuning of the T800
as that was their aim from the beginning,and just make it easier for us to change sound signature with the dampers.
Take my answer about the tuning with a pinch of salt,cause their answer was not crystal clear…

All in all i think it's great if they keep the PRO sounding the same as T800,cause i love how it sounds today.
But even more impressive is that they listens to criticism,and makes small improvements so more of us can get satified!

But as i said,take this with a pinch of salt cause nothing is set in stone

Aug 8, 2019 at 3:01 PM Post #1,118 of 5,890
source with very low output impedance (closer to 0 - better) and with good power so you will not turn up the volume too much
I get good results with my es 100 but not with my q5s

Aug 8, 2019 at 4:06 PM Post #1,119 of 5,890
So, it make about a week I receive whole Tserie, T300 and T800 being my favorite I still think the T180 is supreme bargain for single BA but need more listen.

Right now im jsut obsess about how great sound the T800, BUT they are capricious multi ba, and I want to know if anybody encounter problem with less powerfull audio source, like my Tempotec V1-A (wich do not sound fabulous) do not create distortion with bass with any other iem i try but with T800 it do. Its the only DAP that do this to T800, but i sure feel output clarity and stability is a big deal to get the best out of these revealing marvel.

Right now its plugged in my Radsone ES100 and sound great, and less trebly than with Ibasso DX90....man, as well, the eartips and perfect fit is EXTREMELY important, it open soundstage or tame it, bass too will be affect, so the imaging.

Here are some first impressions I share on my NBBA facebook group:

CONSTRUCTION is excellent, the resin housing will even resist to dog chewing if you own a stupid dog. BUT, these are big, and will not fit properly very small ear as I can conclude when I have to help my mother put this in her ears, she do not have my big ears (dont know where they came from) and well, I was afraid to damage her ears, it was like trying puting a big rock in nail hole. Nonetheless, it kind of fit and she was WOWED....even if I know she got bad seal and did not hear full potential of T800. ISOLATION is supreme and sound leakage inexistent.

EARTIPS and fit is ultimately important to get right sound, these are the most tips dependant iem I how, wide bore d well for me, but placement in my ear canal is a most for proper soundstage and bass impact, you can kind tune the sound too, with bigegr eatips air will expend and make the bass more thick etc.

SOUND: firstly, these are the more revealing iem I own, not just in upper region, but in whole frequencies range.

BASS is very weighty for BA, sub and mid bass have pristine separation tough lower end isnt the most refined I hear (dynamic driver still win in this region). With T800 you have an holographic sens of layering that give imaging a (kinda HD) life like presentation, wich proof its well tuned, it do not sound too fowards or artificial at all and timbre is just slightly textured so it do not sound grainy or shouty.

MID RANGE is richly revealing, vocal are centered and in front seat, they are very alive and super clear, this kind of clean mid range is only possible with multiple drivers iem as lower region do not war them up and stay in the back as it should in real life. Body is full, and mid range separation is excellent, all instrument have their singular presentation and soul. Should it be piano, violin ,sax etc, sens of attack and weight is accurate and lively.

TREBLE is well extended, and fowarded and elevated in 8-12khz with a smooth curve, this make the percussion ultra sparkly without splashiness, this is sharp and super energic mid treble and can be considered as analytical. Percussion or micro details are very crisp and you will hear perfectly every little sound of even the fastest and more complex crazy percussionist, this is particularly enjoyable for genius jazz or complex electronic-idm. Nope, the T800 aren't boring at all but will perhaps distract treble sensitive people.

With the T800, sometime I have to stop walking cause i'm too impress and my eye are poping out of my WOW face. For me, its the only drawback but I can deal with it.

Completely agree with this.

Yesterday I tried my T800 trough the Apple Lightning to 3.5 adapter in my iPhone and thinked that the BAs was broken or the adapter was damaged as it distorts like a crazy.

Then I come back to my DX3 Pro and all was perfectly fine, with lots of clean power and zero audible distortion.

Depends on your phone or DAP, the T800s definitely could sound awful distorted, that's for sure.

Aug 8, 2019 at 4:46 PM Post #1,120 of 5,890
So it was a difficult decision but I returned my T800s and while speaking to Audiosense they did say (as mentioned before) they do have a set coming out that has 1DD and 2BAs. They said the tuning was all set and it was going through final testing - should be out within 2 months but no price. I'm really looking forward to it considering what they did with the T800.

Yeah I'm looking forward to their hybrid also.
May I enquire what was the dealbreaker that made u return the T800?

Aug 8, 2019 at 5:25 PM Post #1,121 of 5,890
Yeah I'm looking forward to their hybrid also.
May I enquire what was the dealbreaker that made u return the T800?

Sure.

I think i was looking for a really good all a rounder and while the T800 sounded awesome on some things it didn't to me on others. I think I mentioned in this thread before that I couldn't get use to the elevated low mids that I was hearing plus for some reason despite many different tips they didn't fit as well as i hoped. i guess i was thinking that if i was going to spend 300 on something i wanted it to play everything well, at least what I consider well.

i ended up getting the iKKO OH10 Obsidian which I really, really like, the only thing with those is that they could use maybe slightly more sparkle in the highs (Depends on how the source was recorded of course) This is why I'm looking forward to the Audiosense Hybrid to see what they can do.

Aug 8, 2019 at 5:36 PM Post #1,122 of 5,890
I do believe my t800 are defective! Sad day for me.
At first when I got them the bass was muddy sound distorted. So I ordered a bunch of filters/dampers thinking it would sound better. I got filters today and most definitely NOT BETTER.

ME CRYING

Aug 8, 2019 at 6:26 PM Post #1,123 of 5,890
I do believe my t800 are defective! Sad day for me.
At first when I got them the bass was muddy sound distorted. So I ordered a bunch of filters/dampers thinking it would sound better. I got filters today and most definitely NOT BETTER.

ME CRYING

Lemme guess, you’re using your cell phone as the source?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back