AUDIOSENSE in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Aug 9, 2019 at 1:55 AM Post #1,141 of 5,890
I wish my LG G6 let me select HIM manually. It selects automatically and the only IEM that triggers it for me was the Audio Technicia IM04. The T800's treble sounded quite harsh and with sibilant in normal mode that's why I sold it, though I don't recall the bass distorting for me.

This is the main reason why I never got one of the quad dac LG phones.

My personal preference would be to always use the HIM mode, but having to carry around an impedance adapter I had to plug in (for triggering HIM mode) every single time I wanted to listen to something would get very old.

What would have been a better idea IMO, is if LG had included a small toggle switch on the side (or next to the headphone jack etc) that would manually toggle the mode. Like the silent mode toggle switch on the side of an iPhone, for example.

Aug 9, 2019 at 4:20 AM Post #1,142 of 5,890
Nice call you are an audio GOD.
Aux mode yes distortion

HIM NO distortion

I'm not worthy my God!

thank you thank you thank you

@Slater always helpful since the beginning. Cant imagine head-fi without him.

btw how do you choose high impedance and low impedance manually? or did you use impedance plug / adapter?

Aug 9, 2019 at 4:22 AM Post #1,143 of 5,890

My personal preference would be to always use the HIM mode, but having to carry around an impedance adapter I had to plug in (for triggering HIM mode) every single time I wanted to listen to something would get very old.

What would have been a better idea IMO, is if LG had included a small toggle switch on the side (or next to the headphone jack etc) that would manually toggle the mode. Like the silent mode toggle switch on the side of an iPhone, for example.
In regard to LG's quad dacs phones, Vivo's flagships such as the Xplay series in the past and the new Nex series also have comparable if not better dac/amp setups in them. But not sure if they also come with some kinda weird limitation.

I am personally going for the up coming btr5 for my everyday solution.

Aug 9, 2019 at 4:28 AM Post #1,144 of 5,890
In regard to LG's quad dacs phones, Vivo's flagships such as the Xplay series in the past and the new Nex series also have comparable if not better dac/amp setups in them. But not sure if they also come with some kinda weird limitation.

I am personally going for the up coming btr5 for my everyday solution.

I’ve not heard the btr5, but the ES100 sounds superb with the T800

Aug 9, 2019 at 5:35 AM Post #1,146 of 5,890

with the LG V30 on all AOSP-based ROMs you can manually switch between Normal, HIM, AUX mode (via quicktile toggle) - the only limitation so far is that voLTE, voWiFi and the stock cam don't work on AOSP

Aug 9, 2019 at 12:32 PM Post #1,149 of 5,890
Pulled the guns on these! While waiting for my cca c16 to arrive.

Have been out of the scene for many years and happy with my modded dx50 and unique melody miracle v1. Also gotten the zs10 Pro 2 months ago as everyone is raving over them. But the bass is just too over bearing and my miracle decided to die on me after almost 9 years!

Hope the t800 can replace the miracle!

Aug 9, 2019 at 12:55 PM Post #1,150 of 5,890
I think its good when bass is strong in iem because with neutral sources which i have it is fun to have it instead of flat boring bright signature. Can't listen such type iems, they only for such type as classical music which i don't listen mutch. For me no armature can give good bass, so that's why didn't pulled the trigger on t800 and perhaps will go with ikko oh10. These i think will have more fun bass. But t800 as an armature will surely be better for those who can't live without details. So after all zs models t800 i ques is real upgrade.

Aug 9, 2019 at 1:58 PM Post #1,153 of 5,890
Yes, I have to agree.

@MAriousAB Really NO armature? Have you heard everything on the market to make this statement? Facts please. I have the Andro's and you can add SO MUCH EQ bass and on top of that MACH BASS to blow your head off with bass and they are pure BA.
Sorry to add that it's for what i have heard and for my prefferances. For me the best and the most natural bass is dynamic driver bass, and armature didn't reached it yet in my opinion. Perhaps speed and accuracy yes, but that's not all what i look in bass. And eq will add quantity but not change the way bass is reproduced with armature and with dynamic driver. It goes from the nature of these two different technologies. But as i haven't heard all armatures and the best totl - possibly these already can imitate dynamic driver. Not surre and will not argue there. Ofcourse you have heard more. From what i have heard armature for my ears still below in low bass department.

Aug 9, 2019 at 2:05 PM Post #1,155 of 5,890
My point was that making a statement, "I haven't heard all armatures and the best totl" then say "what i have heard armature for my ears still below in low bass department" is contradicting together with "no armature can give good bass."

It's like saying "I have not met everyone on the planet but all people are rude. Unless I have met everyone on the planet and all factors are eliminated I can not make such a blanketed statement. :relaxed:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back