AUDIOSENSE in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Aug 11, 2019 at 12:58 PM Post #1,172 of 5,890
It occurred to me that the T800 is probably THE best value in IEMs purely from a cost of parts perspective. 8x Knowles BAs prolly costs at least half if not more of the $300. Wow..

Aug 11, 2019 at 8:34 PM Post #1,174 of 5,890
I find myself speculatively eyeing the Westone silicone tips sampler pack on Amazon (and being simultaneously mildly amused that the silicone+foam sampler pack costs the exact same price and mildly annoyed it's not in stock atm even though I doubt I'd be happy with any of the foam tips anyhow)... Should play around with what I've got on hand already first, but anyone know if they'd fit the T180?

Also messaged Audiosense on Ali asking about the nozzle diameter and got responses saying their "standard tips size is 3.0" and "AT100". That translate into anything useful for someone more familiar with these things? is the 3.0 millimeters?

Aug 11, 2019 at 9:23 PM Post #1,175 of 5,890
I find myself speculatively eyeing the Westone silicone tips sampler pack on Amazon (and being simultaneously mildly amused that the silicone+foam sampler pack costs the exact same price and mildly annoyed it's not in stock atm even though I doubt I'd be happy with any of the foam tips anyhow)... Should play around with what I've got on hand already first, but anyone know if they'd fit the T180?

Also messaged Audiosense on Ali asking about the nozzle diameter and got responses saying their "standard tips size is 3.0" and "AT100". That translate into anything useful for someone more familiar with these things? is the 3.0 millimeters?
4.5mm same size tips that fit the bgvp dm6 and all fiio's work fine on my T800's

I hope that helps.

Aug 11, 2019 at 9:27 PM Post #1,176 of 5,890

The T180 is well designed. It's shaped like it was made by God for an ear canal. It fits inside perfectly.

Foams dont work for me and ruin everything. With foams the T180 sits on my ears like a KZ ED16 and that is the most unpleasant iem fit.

It's the smallest nozzle size we will probably ever see and somehow it just works perfectly.

I recommend the T180 for people who dont own a lot of iems or want a couple models from each big brand.

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2019 at 9:30 PM Post #1,177 of 5,890
4.5mm same size tips that fit the bgvp dm6 and all fiio's work fine on my T800's

I hope that helps.
Should I ever get the T800 I'm sure it will, but right now I have no real motivation to get anything more expensive than my IE 40 Pro for mobile usage. :p

The T180 is well designed. Its shaped like it was made by God for an ear canal. It fits inside perfectly. Foams dont work for me and ruin everything.

It's the smallest nozzle size we will probably ever see and somehow it just works perfectly.

I recommend the T180 for people who dont own a lot of iems or want a couple models from each big brand, or just everyone. Lol.
It's definitely comfortable, I'm just not entirely satisfied with the stock tips (much like @Slater) and Westone/Shure seem to have super skinny nozzles too which is why I was wondering if anyone knew whether they're compatible.

Aug 11, 2019 at 9:33 PM Post #1,178 of 5,890
It's definitely comfortable (T180), I'm just not entirely satisfied with the stock tips (much like @Slater) and Westone/Shure seem to have super skinny nozzles too which is why I was wondering if anyone knew whether they're compatible.
I would just buy a set of every pair of ear tips you can find. Once you buy a set of iems, you keep buying more... and the more ability to change it, the better that iem could possibly become.

At first glance, the Westone iems look very similar in shape and nozzle size.

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2019 at 10:42 PM Post #1,180 of 5,890
How does this compared to audiosense?
I am not an expert head-fier by any mean and only had a LG G6 to plug them into at the time. The T800 gave me some harsh treble and sibilance, which resulted in me selling it. However everyone here reports better sources fixes a lot of the issues. The TK16S is warmer and actually got less boomy bass despite the DD. Because of that the mid and vocals sound more forward. It gives me little to no siblant but I can hear the same details in the treble just not as forwarded. But keep in mind I only listened with a LG G6. At last, one significant different for me is that the TK16S is huge compare to the T800 making me also listing it for sale currently.

Aug 11, 2019 at 10:54 PM Post #1,181 of 5,890
I am not an expert head-fier by any mean and only had a LG G6 to plug them into at the time. The T800 gave me some harsh treble and sibilance, which resulted in me selling it. However everyone here reports better sources fixes a lot of the issues. The TK16S is warmer and actually got less boomy bass despite the DD. Because of that the mid and vocals sound more forward. It gives me little to no siblant but I can hear the same details in the treble just not as forwarded. But keep in mind I only listened with a LG G6. At last, one significant different for me is that the TK16S is huge compare to the T800 making me also listing it for sale currently.

yeah I tested the TK 88 and it's huge too. Maybe it's because it's using multiple drivers?
Just wondering if the western brands counterparts can do it at a smaller form factor?

Aug 12, 2019 at 1:33 AM Post #1,182 of 5,890
The T800 gave me some harsh treble and sibilance, which resulted in me selling it. However everyone here reports better sources fixes a lot of the issues.
Unfortunately, If you want to buy high end audio gear you need more than one audio source. As you found out, not all sources work for all earphones.

Last edited:
Aug 12, 2019 at 12:01 PM Post #1,183 of 5,890
Unfortunately, If you want to buy high end audio gear you need more than one audio source. As you found out, not all sources work for all earphones.
Yeah the T800 and LG G7 doesnt really sound much better than the KZ Zs10 pro with the LG G7, totally not worth 300 usd with that combo. But with the Fiio M11 the T800 is godly and absolutely worth it.

Aug 12, 2019 at 1:00 PM Post #1,184 of 5,890
Yeah the T800 and LG G7 doesnt really sound much better than the KZ Zs10 pro with the LG G7, totally not worth 300 usd with that combo. But with the Fiio M11 the T800 is godly and absolutely worth it.
It's likely due to being BA varying impedance across the spectrum with G7 being 35 ohms output impedance.

Fiio are generally near 0 output impedance. $99 Shanling M0 has .17 ohm outpit impedance, or near 0.

You don't use any source with BA drivers, you should be sure output impedance isn't significant. Dymamic drivers doesn't matter.

Last edited:
Aug 12, 2019 at 2:27 PM Post #1,185 of 5,890
It's likely due to being BA varying impedance across the spectrum with G7 being 35 ohms output impedance.

Fiio are generally near 0 output impedance. $99 Shanling M0 has .17 ohm outpit impedance, or near 0.

You don't use any source with BA drivers, you should be sure output impedance isn't significant. Dymamic drivers doesn't matter.
Oh I see, learn something new everyday :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back