AUDIOSENSE in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Aug 9, 2019 at 2:15 PM Post #1,156 of 5,890
My point was that making a statement, "I haven't heard all armatures and the best totl" then say "what i have heard armature for my ears still below in low bass department" is contradicting?

It's like saying "I have not met everyone on the planet but all people are rude. Unless I have met everyone on the planet and all factors are eliminated I can not make such a blanketed statement. :relaxed:
I undestand your point. Only i don't think there are even one man that heard all iems so agree that my statement in first post wasn't quite correct. But i don't see any contradiction later as i am talking from my own position and what i have heard. And said this. I will never hear all iems so my statement always will be subjective the same as yours or anyone else :wink:

Aug 9, 2019 at 2:17 PM Post #1,157 of 5,890
I undestand your point. Only i don't think there are even one man that heard all iems so agree that my statement in first post wasn't quite correct. But i don't see any contradiction later as i am talking from my own position and what i have heard. And said this. I will never hear all iems so my statement always will be subjective the same as yours or anyone else :wink:

Ok. :relaxed:

Aug 9, 2019 at 5:17 PM Post #1,159 of 5,890
BTW, since many of us are using Knowles dampers with the Audiosense earphones, I wanted to share how I made my own damper tool in case anyone would like to save money and make their own.

While the official tool is nice...
A5403FC2-FA62-43DC-A9B9-9852E6CDEAA2.jpeg

...I don’t like buying something I can make for free. Plus it gives me purpose :)

I looked through a box of random nuts/bolts/screws I had, and was able to find one that screwed perfectly into the Knowles dampers.

The screw wasn’t long enough to be able to get a good grip on it though, so I wanted a way to add a handle to make it easier to hold and use. I removed the push button top from an old broken clicky pen I had. It looks similar to this one:

53DA94CD-A1D9-4B50-A1FC-E898C1FD9320.jpeg

I then drilled a tiny pilot hole in the center and screwed the screw into the inside of the button, so that the screw poked out the other side.

Next, I sanded the sharp point from the bottom of the screw, so it does not tear the fragile filter inside the dampers. This is very important, because if you look at the official damper removal tool, it has a smooth rounded bottom for this same reason.

Here’s what I had so far:

0AB54EE9-7176-4916-95E9-8705CC08E1BC.jpeg

Finally, I took a touch screen pen that no longer worked because the rubber nub was torn (you know, one of those really POS dollar store ones). I ripped out the remaining rubber tip and jammed in the pen tip portion. It was a tight fit, so no glue needed.

Here’s the final result:

7AAABA89-280B-4DAF-8C50-3821B73CC172.jpeg

Total cost, $0.
Total time, ~10 minutes.

FYI, some sellers are selling M1.7 taps as knowles tools, but when I tested my own M1.7 tap, I did not like the fit. Also, being tool steel with a cutting surface, it has the capability to wear or damage the knowles dampers with repeated use. If I was to use my own M1.7 tap as a tool, I still would have had to grind the end flat as well as make some sort of handle (as it’s hard to hold a tiny M1.7 tap). My tool works better and is safer to use than a tap.

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2019 at 7:54 PM Post #1,160 of 5,890
I didn’t really like the stock olive style tips because I didn’t get the best fit with them. Sadly though, I don’t really have any tips that properly fit this nozzle size. For now I’m using Sony MH755 tips, which fit my ears better but don’t really fit the nozzle all that securely. I’m going to order some tips that properly fit the nozzle.
What tips did you end up getting? Just tried pulling the stock one off mine... and all that came off was the floppy bit and the inner tube was left on the nozzle and none of mine want to stay on, not even the weird knockoff Sennheiser ones I picked up at some point that are basically too small for anything I've got... Not terribly wild about the stock tips' fit either, though it's not bad or anything.

(Though hm, maybe if I leave the tube on...)
(Edit - Spiral Dots nope. Tennmak Whirlwinds... maybe? Need to compare.)

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2019 at 8:16 PM Post #1,161 of 5,890
What tips did you end up getting? Just tried pulling the stock one off mine... and all that came off was the floppy bit and the inner tube was left on the nozzle and none of mine want to stay on, not even the weird knockoff Sennheiser ones I picked up at some point that are basically too small for anything I've got... Not terribly wild about the stock tips' fit either, though it's not bad or anything.

(Though hm, maybe if I leave the tube on...)
(Edit - Spiral Dots nope. Tennmak Whirlwinds... maybe? Need to compare.)

What I did was rip the core off the stock tips and put the core on the nozzle. That made the nozzle large enough that I can now use any tip I want, including wide bore tips.

They sounded good with Starlines, but at the moment I am using them with wide bore dual flange tips, only because I was having fitment problems with the shell and I needed the extra length of the double flange tips. I am not done testing tips though. I'm planning on using keyboard o rings to control where the eartip will bottom out at. If I can space out a Starline so it bottoms out about halfway on the nozzle, instead of at the very bottom of the nozzle, then I think it will be perfect.

I will post photos when I'm all done testing, as it may be helpful to others.

Aug 9, 2019 at 9:52 PM Post #1,163 of 5,890
Gotta say, love the zx300, plus this luxurious thick copper beast of a cable, symbio W peeled tips, and the t800. I hear no brightness beyond great detail. No sibilance thats for sure. Been over a month now my honeymoon period is slowly expiring i suppose. I really want to see more comparisons of these to some higher end models. Even the fearless s8pro, which isnt much more expensive. I really am looking forward to their hybrid iem.20190809_103849_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2019 at 12:30 AM Post #1,164 of 5,890
Anyone here who has used both the T180 and the Moondrop Crescent? How would you describe their difference and relative strengths/weaknesses?

Aug 10, 2019 at 9:36 AM Post #1,166 of 5,890
After all these treble talks i am a little bit afraid that everything wont end like with dm6 that was fiasco After all hypes decided to buy it, waited two months to get it and when got it it's treble killed it. Changed everything what i could : cables, tips, sources, but even then treble part with the peeks was too bright, sibilant and tiring. Wanted to like dm6 and ended that these dm6 used a week rest in some box and will be there till the end of time as it's impossible to sell it as i don't want anyone to get crap. So money spend for crap. And bgvp is dead to me. Newer will trust them and the hypes related to them. Bought kanas pro and it was a healing for my ears. After this i really listening anything related to treble so now seems t800 because of this will be changed to fh7 or ikko oh10 as an alternative. Even if wanted them and almost bought, but no more iems with tiring, harsh peaks. Treble should be tuned for enjoyement not for ears torture. Even if other tuning is perfect, treble part now for me is the main place where i look. And as i have m11 with neutral tuning, with them treble will not be smooth for sure.

How doe the treble on the Fiio FH7 compare to the treble on the T800?

Aug 10, 2019 at 9:58 AM Post #1,167 of 5,890
The T180 is still in production and the Crescent has been discontinued? :wink:
Haha, well, you're right indeed, but I already have a Crescent so was wondering if buying the Audiosense will bring something different on the table.

Aug 10, 2019 at 11:41 AM Post #1,168 of 5,890
It’s not Crescent but I just did a brief superficial comparison between KPE and T800. KPE appears to have a livelier low end but T800 has broader sound stage, greater separation, more detailed mids. I especially appreciate the more articulate mids. Just quick impressions.

And also easier to drive, of course

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2019 at 8:37 PM Post #1,169 of 5,890
Can anyone find a vent hole anywhere on the T180 shell?

I have been unable to locate one, but the transparent honeycomb design of the shell makes it somewhat difficult.

It may be cleverly hidden too, such as the side vents hidden in the seam of the KZ ZS5.

Thanks

Aug 10, 2019 at 9:41 PM Post #1,170 of 5,890
Can anyone find a vent hole anywhere on the T180 shell?

I have been unable to locate one, but the transparent honeycomb design of the shell makes it somewhat difficult.

It may be cleverly hidden too, such as the side vents hidden in the seam of the KZ ZS5.

Thanks
no, I have not found it, according to audiosense t180 has ventilation, but I am not sure because t180 is very closed in my ears

Users who are viewing this thread

Back