AUDIOSENSE in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Aug 8, 2019 at 12:18 AM Post #1,096 of 5,890
That's good news. Until my dampers get here I've inserted the yellow foams from a pair of MH755 housings that I butchered when I first tried to mod them (RIP) and that ended up rounding out the upper mids for me. But I agree with LaughMoreDaily, these things are too harsh without some sort of damping. I'm glad that they're going to start installing dampers in the first place, if that is the case. The cable is nice though, LOL.

man, you think like me. I have installed mh755 foam in them too and it has reduced some annoying spikes, and with EQ it comes close to better sound, but I think it will not be able to compete with iems like tin t2 or kz zs10 pro in this price range

68599850_404895303542191_6693730397949263872_n.jpg

Aug 8, 2019 at 1:13 AM Post #1,099 of 5,890
In fact, when I received t180 I was totally disappointed, the sound is very hard, there was no way I could hear them. Then I discovered that they did not come with dumper knowles and that can cause 3k frequency to get out of Control. Not sure if it would be fixed with dumper but I prefer $ 3 sony mh755 (no joke)
This whole damper situation with the T180 doesn't make any Audiosense. How did it happen?

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2019 at 1:28 AM Post #1,100 of 5,890
This whole damper situation with the T180 doesn't make any Audiosense. How did it happen?
haha it doesn't make much sense since all the Asense T series include damper less the t180, I talked to audiosense about this problem, they told me that Asian listeners preferred the sound of t180 without damper and that's why they didn't include (I hope it's for that).
then I told them that t180 should use damper or if not many users would be upset by the sound, in a few minutes he said that they would include damper in the next t180 and a new cable and that would fix the problem of 3k peak, and for the inconvenience they gave me A new t180 with damper and cable. I suggest talking to audiosense and asking for a damper , I'm sure they won't have problems sending them

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2019 at 2:40 AM Post #1,101 of 5,890
haha it doesn't make much sense since all the Asense T series include damper less the t180, I talked to audiosense about this problem, they told me that Asian listeners preferred the sound of t180 without damper and that's why they didn't include (I hope it's for that).
then I told them that t180 should use damper or if not many users would be upset by the sound, in a few minutes he said that they would include damper in the next t180 and a new cable and that would fix the problem of 3k peak, and for the inconvenience they gave me A new t180 with damper and cable. I suggest talking to audiosense and asking for a damper , I'm sure they won't have problems sending them
Can you show us the cable

Aug 8, 2019 at 2:53 AM Post #1,103 of 5,890
It has not been received yet, I think they will arrive in 2 weeks.
It is an 8-core cable, but I'm not sure if it is the same included with t800
I did not get it I ordered before the hype

Aug 8, 2019 at 3:27 AM Post #1,105 of 5,890
do not worry, if you ordered before you probably carry a silver 4-core cable that is of good quality imo, the new cable increases to $ 10 price of t180
It’s probably the 8 core copper one that I posted earlier with my T800. They sent that one recently and it takes the edge off the peaks in the treble a bit. Sounds good, keeps the energy and doesn’t flatten out the sound like some aftermarket ones that I tried.

Aug 8, 2019 at 4:55 AM Post #1,106 of 5,890
Guess will have to wait for a better contender at the 35$ price range then :confused:

Till then ill hold on to the excitement of getting the mh755's. :o2smile:

Aug 8, 2019 at 1:13 PM Post #1,108 of 5,890
So, it make about a week I receive whole Tserie, T300 and T800 being my favorite I still think the T180 is supreme bargain for single BA but need more listen.

Right now im jsut obsess about how great sound the T800, BUT they are capricious multi ba, and I want to know if anybody encounter problem with less powerfull audio source, like my Tempotec V1-A (wich do not sound fabulous) do not create distortion with bass with any other iem i try but with T800 it do. Its the only DAP that do this to T800, but i sure feel output clarity and stability is a big deal to get the best out of these revealing marvel.

Right now its plugged in my Radsone ES100 and sound great, and less trebly than with Ibasso DX90....man, as well, the eartips and perfect fit is EXTREMELY important, it open soundstage or tame it, bass too will be affect, so the imaging.

Here are some first impressions I share on my NBBA facebook group:

CONSTRUCTION is excellent, the resin housing will even resist to dog chewing if you own a stupid dog. BUT, these are big, and will not fit properly very small ear as I can conclude when I have to help my mother put this in her ears, she do not have my big ears (dont know where they came from) and well, I was afraid to damage her ears, it was like trying puting a big rock in nail hole. Nonetheless, it kind of fit and she was WOWED....even if I know she got bad seal and did not hear full potential of T800. ISOLATION is supreme and sound leakage inexistent.

EARTIPS and fit is ultimately important to get right sound, these are the most tips dependant iem I how, wide bore d well for me, but placement in my ear canal is a most for proper soundstage and bass impact, you can kind tune the sound too, with bigegr eatips air will expend and make the bass more thick etc.

SOUND: firstly, these are the more revealing iem I own, not just in upper region, but in whole frequencies range.

BASS is very weighty for BA, sub and mid bass have pristine separation tough lower end isnt the most refined I hear (dynamic driver still win in this region). With T800 you have an holographic sens of layering that give imaging a (kinda HD) life like presentation, wich proof its well tuned, it do not sound too fowards or artificial at all and timbre is just slightly textured so it do not sound grainy or shouty.

MID RANGE is richly revealing, vocal are centered and in front seat, they are very alive and super clear, this kind of clean mid range is only possible with multiple drivers iem as lower region do not war them up and stay in the back as it should in real life. Body is full, and mid range separation is excellent, all instrument have their singular presentation and soul. Should it be piano, violin ,sax etc, sens of attack and weight is accurate and lively.

TREBLE is well extended, and fowarded and elevated in 8-12khz with a smooth curve, this make the percussion ultra sparkly without splashiness, this is sharp and super energic mid treble and can be considered as analytical. Percussion or micro details are very crisp and you will hear perfectly every little sound of even the fastest and more complex crazy percussionist, this is particularly enjoyable for genius jazz or complex electronic-idm. Nope, the T800 aren't boring at all but will perhaps distract treble sensitive people.

With the T800, sometime I have to stop walking cause i'm too impress and my eye are poping out of my WOW face. For me, its the only drawback but I can deal with it.

Aug 8, 2019 at 1:18 PM Post #1,110 of 5,890
So it was a difficult decision but I returned my T800s and while speaking to Audiosense they did say (as mentioned before) they do have a set coming out that has 1DD and 2BAs. They said the tuning was all set and it was going through final testing - should be out within 2 months but no price. I'm really looking forward to it considering what they did with the T800.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back