AUDIOSENSE in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Aug 6, 2019 at 7:11 PM Post #1,066 of 5,890
You can make your own ‘Pro’ by buying a regular T800 and $3 worth of dampers.

If you can put a petrol pump into your gas filler valve on your car, then you can install a damper on the T800. All it takes is basic hand eye coordination.

@Slater do u know how long the normal Knowles filter can last? I heard it is easy to install but is it a pain to remove?

Aug 6, 2019 at 7:39 PM Post #1,067 of 5,890
@Slater do u know how long the normal Knowles filter can last? I heard it is easy to install but is it a pain to remove?

I'm sorry but people need to read the thread. It has been said multiple times that the filters are easy to put in by hand but you will need the damper fitting tool to get them out easily.

Also dm6 sounded real bad to me, not even near t800s level. I sold mine within a week.

Aug 6, 2019 at 9:32 PM Post #1,068 of 5,890
From what Cindy Wu told me, for their T800 Pro, in addition to the preinstalled filters inside the IEM (like the current T800), they are adding another filter to the nozzles as per the damper/filter mod which some of you guys are doing now.
I'm pretty sure they may do other mods to drivers or the inner damper itself due to feedback.
Thanks for clarifying with them @blomman77. would be interested if they are gonna change anything else.

Audiosense is quite responsive and do listen to feedback, and since they are only in the early stages of planning this T800 Pro, it might be a good idea for those of you who do use the damper mod to give them more feedback to finetune their stuff.
If they add another filter on top of the filter that’s already there (just because you guys said it was a great idea) that would be ridiculous.

Aug 6, 2019 at 9:48 PM Post #1,069 of 5,890
If they add another filter on top of the filter that’s already there (just because you guys said it was a great idea) that would be ridiculous.

Agreed.

No one who builds IEMs - OEM or DIY - stacks up multiple dampers. That’s why they come in multiple resistance ratings.

The only reason we can’t remove the stock white one is because it’s too deep in the nozzle.

If I were Audiosense, all they’d need to do is eliminate the stock damper and keep the nozzle exactly as it is. Then include in the package a few higher value dampers.

Aug 6, 2019 at 9:54 PM Post #1,070 of 5,890

It depends on many factors. They can last 2 weeks or 2 decades. It depends on your individual earwax production, sweat, environmental humidity, dust, dirt, debris, whether you store them in a case, whether you dry them out, how well you care for them in general, etc.

It’s like asking how long a lollipop will last. It depends on if you lick it, crunch it, chip it away bits at a time, your rate of saliva production, surface area of your oral cavity, if you take breaks in between lollipop sessions, method of storage, temperature, saliva pH, etc. It could last 2 seconds or 2 months.

As far as the difficulty of removing and inserting the filters, I’ve had no problems so far using tweezers. The most difficult thing is not dropping and losing them lol

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2019 at 9:56 PM Post #1,071 of 5,890

This is becoming The Damper Thread.

Depending on the day, my T800 is just a tad bright for me, and I’m not treble-sensitive.

“Buy our product and one of these modifying add-ons to make its sound pleasing to you.”

Aug 6, 2019 at 10:59 PM Post #1,072 of 5,890
This is becoming The Damper Thread.

Depending on the day, my T800 is just a tad bright for me, and I’m not treble-sensitive.

“Buy our product and one of these modifying add-ons to make its sound pleasing to you.”

Lol.
I have become more accustomed to the T800 treble over time (dampers are incoming though). I will say that the treble now only sounds harsh if the recording is harsh. So whose fault is it, the IEM or the recording???

Aug 7, 2019 at 12:03 AM Post #1,073 of 5,890
Lol.
I have become more accustomed to the T800 treble over time (dampers are incoming though). I will say that the treble now only sounds harsh if the recording is harsh. So whose fault is it, the IEM or the recording???

You know I’m only kidding when I say “this item requires user assimilation after which point it will make only some of your music sound harsh” isn’t a great endorsement.

Aug 7, 2019 at 12:32 AM Post #1,074 of 5,890
After all these treble talks i am a little bit afraid that everything wont end like with dm6 that was fiasco After all hypes decided to buy it, waited two months to get it and when got it it's treble killed it. Changed everything what i could : cables, tips, sources, but even then treble part with the peeks was too bright, sibilant and tiring. Wanted to like dm6 and ended that these dm6 used a week rest in some box and will be there till the end of time as it's impossible to sell it as i don't want anyone to get crap. So money spend for crap. And bgvp is dead to me. Newer will trust them and the hypes related to them. Bought kanas pro and it was a healing for my ears. After this i really listening anything related to treble so now seems t800 because of this will be changed to fh7 or ikko oh10 as an alternative. Even if wanted them and almost bought, but no more iems with tiring, harsh peaks. Treble should be tuned for enjoyement not for ears torture. Even if other tuning is perfect, treble part now for me is the main place where i look. And as i have m11 with neutral tuning, with them treble will not be smooth for sure.

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2019 at 2:27 AM Post #1,075 of 5,890
After all these treble talks i am a little bit afraid that everything wont end like with dm6 that was fiasco After all hypes decided to buy it, waited two months to get it and when got it it's treble killed it. Changed everything what i could : cables, tips, sources, but even then treble part with the peeks was too bright, sibilant and tiring. Wanted to like dm6 and ended that these dm6 used a week rest in some box and will be there till the end of time as it's impossible to sell it as i don't want anyone to get crap. So money spend for crap. And bgvp is dead to me. Newer will trust them and the hypes related to them. Bought kanas pro and it was a healing for my ears. After this i really listening anything related to treble so now seems t800 because of this will be changed to fh7 or ikko oh10 as an alternative. Even if wanted them and almost bought, but no more iems with tiring, harsh peaks. Treble should be tuned for enjoyement not for ears torture. Even if other tuning is perfect, treble part now for me is the main place where i look. And as i have m11 with neutral tuning, with them treble will not be smooth for sure.

So why not EQ the treble to how you want it? I have to say you may not be dissatisfied with the T800, wait until you hear it first. We all have different hearing, the dip in the upper tuning may suit your taste.

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2019 at 4:04 AM Post #1,077 of 5,890
Talked a bit with Audiosense regarding the T800 pro,but didn't get much more info than what's already been posted.
But some of the difference between T800 VS PRO is a new design of the logo.
There will not be changeble dampers in the way that you can take the preinstalled out.That's probably because it looks like the tubings inside
the Shell connects to the preinstalled damper.So i belive it's part of the design. But they will redesign the nozzle (they call it TGE nozzle) so that you can add dampers to you're liking.
My guess is that the only thing they change is that there is gonna be some kind of stop in the nozzle so that the damper will stay flush at the nozzle tip for easy changing

That's it for now...

Aug 7, 2019 at 4:07 AM Post #1,078 of 5,890
Lol.
I had a full listening session last night with my new cable and Plenue D2 and I thoroughly enjoyed it. No dampers needed. I like mine just the way they are.
On a side note, I do have a full set of knowles dampers, but I haven’t felt the need to use them on this iem. I like it the way it is in the treble section.

Aug 7, 2019 at 4:14 AM Post #1,079 of 5,890
Talked a bit with Audiosense regarding the T800 pro,but didn't get much more info than what's already been posted.
But some of the difference between T800 VS PRO is a new design of the logo.
There will not be changeble dampers in the way that you can take the preinstalled out.That's probably because it looks like the tubings inside
the Shell connects to the preinstalled damper.So i belive it's part of the design. But they will redesign the nozzle (they call it TGE nozzle) so that you can add dampers to you're liking.
My guess is that the only thing they change is that there is gonna be some kind of stop in the nozzle so that the damper will stay flush at the nozzle tip for easy changing

That's it for now...

Thanks boss for the update.
Did they mention if there is gonna be an alternative tuning of drivers or an increased resistance for the preinstalled inner filter?

If it is just a nozzle change, we existing owners of the T800 probably won't be getting it. But for new buyers this is a small improvement.

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2019 at 4:37 AM Post #1,080 of 5,890
Haha no Boss here,just happy to be able to help :wink:
Sorry,no
Thanks boss for the update.
Did they mention if there is gonna be an alternative tuning of drivers or an increased resistance for the preinstalled inner filter?

If it is just a nozzle change, we existing owners of the T800 probably won't be getting it. But for new buyers this is a small improvement.

mention on different tuning or filters.
It feels like they just started planning the pro version,so don't think we will se any new modell for some time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back