AUDIOSENSE in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Aug 6, 2019 at 3:12 PM Post #1,051 of 5,890
The question is, is it just the damper and cable ? Maybe there is a different driver in it. Maybe different finish. Who knows maybe it can talk and you need to feed it ?

I’m just going by what audiosense told another member. They said the Pro will be the T800 with preinstalled dampers. I assume audiosense is a reliable source (since they are the manufacturer), but I guess there’s no guarantee they won’t also change the drivers and tuning. We’ll just have to wait and see :)

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2019 at 3:29 PM Post #1,052 of 5,890
Day 1.

Ok, well I can't wait till I get the white and green filters because for the first time ever I got ear fatigue.

I don't like this feeling.

I have the copper cable it helped a bit.

This could be the adaptor I used for my lg v30+, I only thought to remove it after the fatigue started.

I'll need more time.
_xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

New day

Ok day 2 I've also order Brown filters.

So far, for well over 2 hours running them from the Mee btx2 Bluetooth cable and no fatigue. I found the btx2 cuts sibilance in the dm6 and now it works for the T800 aswell.

Go figure.

A few hours of rest then ran them straight off the dac/lg v30 for about 1/2 hours and fatigue started to set in fast.

So it's all hopes resting on the filters, first set arrives this Thursday, white ones.

And the others could take 2 or more weeks.

That's what I've discovered so far.

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2019 at 3:34 PM Post #1,053 of 5,890
But that's the thing i don't understand.
t800 already have preinstalled dampers, so what's going to change?
The only thing that would make sense is that Audiosense put the damper in the nozzle opening for easy accsess ,to change between different dampers...
I am going to contact them them tomorrow to get this cleared up
I’m just going by what audiosense told another member. They said the Pro will be the T800 with preinstalled dampers. I assume audiosense is a reliable source (since they are the manufacturer), but I guess there’s no guarantee they won’t also change the drivers and tuning. We’ll just have to wait and see :)

Aug 6, 2019 at 4:17 PM Post #1,056 of 5,890
T180 will include BF-1999 grey damper, from today
If I buy a pair of BF-1999 grey dampers, are they easy to insert/will they stay in place in the T180 nozzles? Is that the best color to get?

Aug 6, 2019 at 4:43 PM Post #1,058 of 5,890
If I buy a pair of BF-1999 grey dampers, are they easy to insert/will they stay in place in the T180 nozzles? Is that the best color to get?
They are easy to insert as you can see in this video

I haven't received the new t180 yet, but I think Gray Damper reduces peak 3k slightly and White Damper reduces it even more. If you are very sensitive to mid-high I recommend white.

Aug 6, 2019 at 5:38 PM Post #1,059 of 5,890
Ok spotify was as example, it isn't the worst source and for me 320 for usual listening is more than enough. How do you think t800 worth to buy if already have dm6. Do they have similar tuning?
T800 has more sub base dm6 more midbase. T800 mids are a bit more forward. On dm6 you here the hats and cymbals more thru the 8k peak.

T800 is not big of an upgrade. But its better then dm6

Aug 6, 2019 at 5:49 PM Post #1,060 of 5,890
T800 has more sub base dm6 more midbase. T800 mids are a bit more forward. On dm6 you here the hats and cymbals more thru the 8k peak.

T800 is not big of an upgrade. But its better then dm6

I returned my DM7 as the quality was awful and disappointing on numerous items. I did love the sound, but what's the point of driving a fast ugly car?

Aug 6, 2019 at 6:12 PM Post #1,061 of 5,890
I returned my DM7 as the quality was awful and disappointing on numerous items. I did love the sound, but what's the point of driving a fast ugly car?
My dm6 also has bad quality i send it back

Aug 6, 2019 at 6:26 PM Post #1,062 of 5,890
My dm6 also has bad quality i send it back

I'm not surprised. I had all kind of quality issues from artifacts inside the tubes to closed off channels inside the tubes as if warped, uneven molding differences from L to R set, to the holes not the same diameter comparing each set. For $299.00 I exchanged the DM7 for the T800. Still waiting to get them.

Aug 6, 2019 at 6:35 PM Post #1,063 of 5,890
I'm not surprised. I had all kind of quality issues from artifacts inside the tubes to closed off channels inside the tubes as if warped, uneven molding differences from L to R set, to the holes not the same diameter comparing each set. For $299.00 I exchanged the DM7 for the T800. Still waiting to get them.
Order some dampers too i ordered now grey white and brown one. Even when the manufator builds them in now they are necessary

Aug 6, 2019 at 7:07 PM Post #1,064 of 5,890
What do you mean by preinstalled filters? The regular T800 has preinstalled filter as of now.

But that's the thing i don't understand.
t800 already have preinstalled dampers, so what's going to change?
The only thing that would make sense is that Audiosense put the damper in the nozzle opening for easy accsess ,to change between different dampers...
I am going to contact them them tomorrow to get this cleared up

they will probably put a damper with higher impedance, to lower the treble down a bit

From what Cindy Wu told me, for their T800 Pro, in addition to the preinstalled filters inside the IEM (like the current T800), they are adding another filter to the nozzles as per the damper/filter mod which some of you guys are doing now.
I'm pretty sure they may do other mods to drivers or the inner damper itself due to feedback.
Thanks for clarifying with them @blomman77. would be interested if they are gonna change anything else.

Audiosense is quite responsive and do listen to feedback, and since they are only in the early stages of planning this T800 Pro, it might be a good idea for those of you who do use the damper mod to give them more feedback to finetune their stuff.

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2019 at 7:09 PM Post #1,065 of 5,890
Need help in deciding between waiting for the T800 Pro and buying the T800 now.... Opinions anyone?

The T800 Pro is only in the early stages of planning, so I don't think it will be out anytime in the next few months.
Depends how itchy your trigger finger is to add the product to your cart.
Well, in the CHIFI industry every few weeks a new hype train comes along anyway, so maybe something better might appear before the T800 Pro comes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back