AUDIOSENSE in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Aug 23, 2019 at 1:55 PM Post #1,625 of 5,890
Aug 23, 2019 at 2:03 PM Post #1,627 of 5,890
I took out the white stock dampers it is true they are removable

Aug 23, 2019 at 2:32 PM Post #1,628 of 5,890
Aug 23, 2019 at 2:43 PM Post #1,629 of 5,890
Now after i took out the stock white damper and insert the brown one. And listen to it for like 15 minutes.

Resolution increases
Less shouty
Stage opens up
Brightness decreases
Treble smoothes
Mids are pronounced
Bass is pronounced and thighter
Details in bass and mids are better catchable
Details in treble is less catchable

I was listening whit my Q5s on high gain. 2.5.mm nicehck 16core pure copper. And spiral dots.

I like it better now its worth a try

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2019 at 3:04 PM Post #1,630 of 5,890
Peps just do it took the stock filter out put a brown one in now after my brain settle in it gets better and better you can crank up the volume louder whit out get hurt and whit out distortion it gains so much on power

Now I am in honey moon love whit them

That bass that power behind it...

Aug 23, 2019 at 7:00 PM Post #1,632 of 5,890
Yay the SpinFits I ordered came in, time to see if I like them as much as the kludged-together set of came-with-Rosewill SpinFits and T180 tip cores... once I get them out of their packaging. I may need to go find a pair of tweezers (oh right, my pocket knife has tweezers; they may be mediocre tweezers but that's good enough for this), I'm a bit wary of going after the plastic packaging nubs with scissors but the tips are quite thoroughly stuck in their little nubs. Points for sturdiness of protection, but not sure I'm a fan of SpinFit's packaging. :p

Anyhow. Fit is perhaps a *hair* less comfy than the probably-CP500 SpinFits but it's still quite comfy. CP800 is 1mm wider and its width is a bit closer to the tip (rather than the IEM) and its longer/taller than the kludged tips I was using before so this isn't too surprising, about the only IEMs I've got I don't run smalls on are the 3-in-1 driver sampler pack ones and they're fairly shallow. Will probably help fit stability some though, the probably-CP500+T180 core combo was in no danger of falling out but I did have to touch the insertion depth up every once in a while.

Sound is surprisingly comparable to the probably-CP500+T180 core combo, to the point where I *probably* could have just stuck with what I had already, but if I had to pick between the two I'd say the CP800 tips sound better. Bass is perhaps a touch meatier, especially the really low notes, but if I did a blind A/B test I'm not sure I could tell the difference unless it was a song with solid bass kick (been using Nightwish's Wishmaster for quick back-and-forth comparisons because of its deep punchy start). Still, I don't regret buying the CP800s for two main reasons - 1) I can put the probably-CP500s back on my CCA C10 woo! and 2) I don't have to worry about only removing half the tip combo when I pull the T180 out of my ear. <-< As compared to the original tips... not sure. Won't promise to compare the two because I'll probably forget (among other things, lost one of my cats just under two weeks ago and got a new kitten just this past Monday evening so bit hectic around here atm) and because I like the fit enough better on the CP800s I personally don't really care about trying the old ones back on. :upside_down: Just going off of what I can recall, I think the stock tips had a touch more bass, probably because they were practically vacuum-sealing my ears, but given the caveat of BA the CP800s do quite well and if I don't find any warts down the line I think I will be satisfied with the SpinFits. (Honestly so far my only complaint is that the small CP800s have a pink core and I don't like pink. :laughing:)

(Edit - While it's not the visceral kick some of my better DD (some with BAs, some not) IEMs can get on strong bass, the crisp bass beat in this Tron Legacy song is almost tactile. :thumbsup:)

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2019 at 7:13 PM Post #1,633 of 5,890
@Cevisi can you do a comparison with the other dampers.. I am going for brown too.. but wanted to know what other dampers do for certain music
I just habe grey white and brown

Aug 23, 2019 at 8:09 PM Post #1,635 of 5,890
I have question would like some comments please. Should there be any wiggle, wobble or looseness between the mmcx cable connector and an iem socket? Thanks
No it shouldn't 1 of my 5 cables are wobbly on my t800. The problem is not on the mmcx sockets it self. Some cable just use cheap mmcx connectors. In my case its my most expensive cable lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back