AUDIOSENSE in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Aug 25, 2019 at 10:03 AM Post #1,652 of 5,890
what do the different colours/impedance do? I've had a poke around but haven't found solid "colour x does this to the response"...

DAD2C4AD-11AB-45D1-9DBB-99C9023141AC.png

Aug 25, 2019 at 7:40 PM Post #1,654 of 5,890
Hey, I've just bit the bullet and ordered T800. What can I expect compared to tin t2 and Massdrop plus? I also have a tfz No.3 and kz zs6 coming. Anyone know what I can expect compared to them too?

It's going to be better then xmas here soon!

Does anyone want to give me a walk around with the filters too? what do the different colours/impedance do? I've had a poke around but haven't found solid "colour x does this to the response"...
Looking forward for you to compare t800 and tfz #3

Aug 25, 2019 at 8:22 PM Post #1,655 of 5,890
You have both? Or you’re
I dont have both but there are already a lot of comparison and everybody said the s8f is better

Aug 25, 2019 at 8:23 PM Post #1,656 of 5,890
Aug 25, 2019 at 9:29 PM Post #1,657 of 5,890
I've had my fun with all the filters. Combination of stock + extra and also removed stock and I've come to realize I love the highs on T800 and all color combination was fun and great but I kept missing the highs,so I actually went the opposite direction than most here. I'm actually enjoying the grey filter (removed the stock white). To me it sounds clearer while having the same bass as the white filter and the mids are pushed up a bit.

Super happy, thanks for introducing me to the filters... it's made something great to even better now.

edit:

anyone one who has the grey filters.. give it a try. I am not a hype man and cannot express what i hear well but right now i'm mind blown by what i hear. i believe it's even more detailed than before and it sounds very large with such clarity and airiness to it. bass quantity is same as white filters but sounds bigger. i don't think i've said "wow" to myself so many times ..

i've also switched to stock tips small and isn s8 cable..

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2019 at 10:55 PM Post #1,658 of 5,890
Would be interesting to see graphs whit different filters and stock tip taken out

I agree. But beggars can’t be choosers.

The graph I posted certainly gives a pretty good idea as to what to expect with each filter.

Aug 26, 2019 at 12:00 AM Post #1,659 of 5,890
ae_1566780897110.jpg
So far, loving these. Compared to the Beyerdynamic Xelento, the lows feel much more controlled while there is definetely a sub bass lift. Full, impactful, deep, quick and tight is the best way I can describe it. Mids sound like where they should be. Clarity is the first thing I hear and detail retrieval is the main focus listening to it. Treble is greatly extended but elevated as well. I love the clarity and energy it gives the music. Soundstage and imaging and instrument separation is amazing as well. So far seriously liking these more and compared to the Xelento, I am actually liking the T800 a lot. This is only a hour listen so I'll listen further to give more impressions. From memory, comapred to the Andromeda. I feel the Andros have more mid bass kick while the T800 have more sub focus and extends deeper, the Andros have and tighter and quicker bass overall but not by much, I prefer the T800 as with a db or 2 on the lows to me balance it out a bit more and improve the quickness of the response the lows give out. Mids on the Andro I remember feeling more forward with slightly better clarity, but what the T800 do is just feed the details straight to your face. Treble on the andro to me, I had issues with. They felt slightly wonky and bothered my ears a bit. The T800 to me, I prefer even tho the Andros did maybe give a bit more detail. Soundstage is wider on the Andros but T800 is no slouch and instrument separation go to the andros as well but the T800 still are very very very close. But for me, I am seriously liking what I hear from the T800. I am extremely happy with them :D. These are first impressions but yes, this is exactly what I have been wanting for a damn good while. Energy, fun, clarity and high detail retrieval. It's extremely addictive! I don't feel the need to try out filters, but just to test it out I will.

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2019 at 2:14 AM Post #1,660 of 5,890
Ok I have to point out something. Who ever is saying that these lack bass. Um.... I am sorry and no offense, but are you a basshead? This FREAKING KICK LIKE CRAZY!!!! When the song calls for it, it truly calls for it. It is raw and aggressive. Best BA bass I have ever heard. Oh oh and the detail is heavenlyyyy I am loving these. Absolutely loving these. Is it the fastest bass ever? No, but is it slow? Hell no. It is very fast, but not to fast to the point its boring. Fun fun fun and detailll from the heavens. This has amazing lows, no where near lacking at all. Perfect amount, and if too much for you, 1 or 2 db down and its still amazing. Lows fasten up a bit. Just the lows its self is worth 2 or 3 times the asking price. Detail is first thing I notice then boooom. Bass. Oh oh then mids are nice, treble hmmmm... I can understand what the brightness issue could be for some. But I am loving it, it grabs every small detail and bam, have a slap of this will ya! Very upfront sound for sure. Reminds me of an Audeze headphones but I forgot which one, but the T800 has better mids for sure

Aug 26, 2019 at 2:25 AM Post #1,661 of 5,890
Ok I have to point out something. Who ever is saying that these lack bass. Um.... I am sorry and no offense, but are you a basshead? This FREAKING KICK LIKE CRAZY!!!! When the song calls for it, it truly calls for it. It is raw and aggressive. Best BA bass I have ever heard. Oh oh and the detail is heavenlyyyy I am loving these. Absolutely loving these. Is it the fastest bass ever? No, but is it slow? Hell no. It is very fast, but not to fast to the point its boring. Fun fun fun and detailll from the heavens. This has amazing lows, no where near lacking at all. Perfect amount, and if too much for you, 1 or 2 db down and its still amazing. Lows fasten up a bit. Just the lows its self is worth 2 or 3 times the asking price. Detail is first thing I notice then boooom. Bass. Oh oh then mids are nice, treble hmmmm... I can understand what the brightness issue could be for some. But I am loving it, it grabs every small detail and bam, have a slap of this will ya! Very upfront sound for sure. Reminds me of an Audeze headphones but I forgot which one, but the T800 has better mids for sure

Agreed I have never had a set of IEM'S that thump like these do absolutely incredible :):)

Aug 26, 2019 at 2:26 AM Post #1,662 of 5,890
Wow you guys are really hyping me up!
My T800s just shipped today and I hope to have them by the end of the week. I bought mine on taobao directly from audiosense (based in Shenzhen). Currently living in Beijing for business so it's really easy for me to access these chi-fi sellers directly and get products quickly. Super excited!
I also have some brown dampers & a damper removal tool on the way as well.
Question: BA's don't require a burn-in/break-in, do they? I am curious how long I should wait to swap out the damper if I am unhappy with the sound.

Aug 26, 2019 at 4:17 AM Post #1,663 of 5,890
Wow you guys are really hyping me up!
My T800s just shipped today and I hope to have them by the end of the week. I bought mine on taobao directly from audiosense (based in Shenzhen). Currently living in Beijing for business so it's really easy for me to access these chi-fi sellers directly and get products quickly. Super excited!
I also have some brown dampers & a damper removal tool on the way as well.
Question: BA's don't require a burn-in/break-in, do they? I am curious how long I should wait to swap out the damper if I am unhappy with the sound.

Haha this burn in question is very very controversial, u will find different opinions here and I've seen flame wars start in headfi over this question.

So this is just my subjective opinion, to each his own, music is subjective and we are all here to enjoy music and are united in this aspect.

From owning around 20 IEMs so far, both DD and BA and hybrids, my personal take is that BAs don't really have a change in sound after burn in, but I found subjectively that DD does have changes after burn in. But the changes are not like night and day and like a totally different sound signature overnight, but more of a subtle change IMHO. Not sure if it's brain burn in though. YMMV.

Aug 26, 2019 at 6:37 AM Post #1,664 of 5,890
So far, loving these. Compared to the Beyerdynamic Xelento, the lows feel much more controlled while there is definetely a sub bass lift. Full, impactful, deep, quick and tight is the best way I can describe it. Mids sound like where they should be. Clarity is the first thing I hear and detail retrieval is the main focus listening to it. Treble is greatly extended but elevated as well. I love the clarity and energy it gives the music. Soundstage and imaging and instrument separation is amazing as well. So far seriously liking these more and compared to the Xelento, I am actually liking the T800 a lot. This is only a hour listen so I'll listen further to give more impressions. From memory, comapred to the Andromeda. I feel the Andros have more mid bass kick while the T800 have more sub focus and extends deeper, the Andros have and tighter and quicker bass overall but not by much, I prefer the T800 as with a db or 2 on the lows to me balance it out a bit more and improve the quickness of the response the lows give out. Mids on the Andro I remember feeling more forward with slightly better clarity, but what the T800 do is just feed the details straight to your face. Treble on the andro to me, I had issues with. They felt slightly wonky and bothered my ears a bit. The T800 to me, I prefer even tho the Andros did maybe give a bit more detail. Soundstage is wider on the Andros but T800 is no slouch and instrument separation go to the andros as well but the T800 still are very very very close. But for me, I am seriously liking what I hear from the T800. I am extremely happy with them :D. These are first impressions but yes, this is exactly what I have been wanting for a damn good while. Energy, fun, clarity and high detail retrieval. It's extremely addictive! I don't feel the need to try out filters, but just to test it out I will.

Nice impressions!

As others have recommended before, Spiral Dots++ do a great job taming the treble energy a bit while retaining the amazing clarity and separation, plus expanding even further the soundstage and adding more presence and control to the bass.

You'll be surprised. :wink:

Aug 26, 2019 at 7:39 AM Post #1,665 of 5,890
Is there a noticable difference between normal spiral dots and ++

Users who are viewing this thread

Back