AUDIOSENSE in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Aug 23, 2019 at 8:11 PM Post #1,637 of 5,890
Now after i took out the stock white damper and insert the brown one. And listen to it for like 15 minutes.

Resolution increases
Less shouty
Stage opens up
Brightness decreases
Treble smoothes
Mids are pronounced
Bass is pronounced and thighter
Details in bass and mids are better catchable
Details in treble is less catchable

I was listening whit my Q5s on high gain. 2.5.mm nicehck 16core pure copper. And spiral dots.

I like it better now its worth a try

Agreed. Now I can pick out nuances of the bass in Jazz tracks. They were entirely non-apparent before the damper mod. Was for this that I verged on selling the T800s off after initially listening to them.

Aug 23, 2019 at 8:14 PM Post #1,638 of 5,890
Aug 23, 2019 at 8:16 PM Post #1,639 of 5,890
Agreed. Now I can pick out nuances of the bass in Jazz tracks. They were entirely non-apparent before the damper mod. Was for this that I verged on selling the T800s off after initially listening to them.
Much better now :D

Aug 23, 2019 at 9:41 PM Post #1,640 of 5,890
Hmmm I've listened to the S8F and idk, idk, idk. Don't think it would be an upgrade...... maybe a sidegrade? A few impressions and reviewers have said the same haha. Once I recieve the T800, I'll ask my friend to let me listen to the S8F, Andromeda and CTM Davinci X. I'll compare the T800 to my Xelento and Oriveti New Primacy as well, maybe the DT 1990 pro as well.

Aug 23, 2019 at 10:10 PM Post #1,641 of 5,890
Hmmm I've listened to the S8F and idk, idk, idk. Don't think it would be an upgrade...... maybe a sidegrade? A few impressions and reviewers have said the same haha. Once I recieve the T800, I'll ask my friend to let me listen to the S8F, Andromeda and CTM Davinci X. I'll compare the T800 to my Xelento and Oriveti New Primacy as well, maybe the DT 1990 pro as well.

That's an interesting set of IEMs to compare with.... Will be curious to see how it stacks up.

Aug 24, 2019 at 5:28 AM Post #1,643 of 5,890
Have been using t800 with spiral dots++, wow it opens up the sound. The details are more pronounce, very comfortable.
I am not using any dampers now and using nicehck copper silver plated cable.

Amazing and i love this for now. If i want kinda relax listening i will use kpe or mh755.

Aug 24, 2019 at 9:24 AM Post #1,644 of 5,890
I am stuck between T800, S8F,and FH7.

I just wish I could go to a store and compare them. Alas there is no such store anywhere near me. I keep leaning towards FH7. I just don't know tho.

Aug 24, 2019 at 9:31 AM Post #1,645 of 5,890
I am stuck between T800, S8F,and FH7.

I just wish I could go to a store and compare them. Alas there is no such store anywhere near me. I keep leaning towards FH7. I just don't know tho.

Haha I would go for the cheapest option then.

Aug 24, 2019 at 10:00 AM Post #1,646 of 5,890
No overly concerned about the cost. It's the sound, durability, and looks that I would like to have a answer. Durability seems to be good with all of these models, again just want to hear them. As for looks the S8F win there considering all the different options, some of those wood ones look amazing. I may end up buying 2 to retuen one of them and decide from there. Bad part with that is chifi from AliExpress can be a hassle to return. Not like Amazon

Aug 24, 2019 at 10:03 AM Post #1,647 of 5,890
No overly concerned about the cost. It's the sound, durability, and looks that I would like to have a answer. Durability seems to be good with all of these models, again just want to hear them. As for looks the S8F win there considering all the different options, some of those wood ones look amazing. I may end up buying 2 to retuen one of them and decide from there. Bad part with that is chifi from AliExpress can be a hassle to return. Not like Amazon

Yeah the Aliexpress CHIFI products are a pain to return, agreed. But I think in the worst case scenerio that if you do buy the T800 and don't like it, I suspect it can be easily sold off as it is quite popular.
FH7 and SF8 have great reviews too; hope i find your ideal IEM!

Aug 25, 2019 at 3:37 AM Post #1,648 of 5,890
Hey, I've just bit the bullet and ordered T800. What can I expect compared to tin t2 and Massdrop plus? I also have a tfz No.3 and kz zs6 coming. Anyone know what I can expect compared to them too?

It's going to be better then xmas here soon!

Does anyone want to give me a walk around with the filters too? what do the different colours/impedance do? I've had a poke around but haven't found solid "colour x does this to the response"...

Aug 25, 2019 at 3:48 AM Post #1,649 of 5,890
Hey, I've just bit the bullet and ordered T800. What can I expect compared to tin t2 and Massdrop plus? I also have a tfz No.3 and kz zs6 coming. Anyone know what I can expect compared to them too?

It's going to be better then xmas here soon!

Does anyone want to give me a walk around with the filters too? what do the different colours/impedance do? I've had a poke around but haven't found solid "colour x does this to the response"...

Welcome to the club.
T800 trumps the TFZ no. 3 in all aspects except the bass. And maybe it is less fatiguing/bright than the T800.
But sometimes I want a less analytical and detailed sound and just wanna chill and relax and listen to some jazz, so the TFZ no. 3 is used for these sessions.

ZS6 IMO is more V shaped and also loses in all areas to the T800. The treble in ZS6 is more piercing than the T800. IMHO it was great when KZ first released it a couple of years back, and it is still a fun listen, but there are better tuned CHIFI stuff out there now.
Having said that, there are a few versions of ZS6 being sold. The newer models apparently have different drivers so they might me better sounding.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back