AUDIOSENSE in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Aug 22, 2019 at 12:00 PM Post #1,592 of 5,890
It was on a little firm, but by no means was it jammed or bonded in place. Firm and slow force straight back out got it sorted. Did not look like it was printed in with the nozzles so decided to give it a go.

Yep, damper removal tool definitely handy. You could poke a hole in the screen and try to hook it out, but the ledge would prevent a hook tool from hooking the metal edge holding the screen.

Used a q-tip shaft to push the replacement damper into place. Did not care much for using the damper tool to install, didn't want to poke a hole in the screen :)

Much happier now versus stock. A lot more mellow and the soundstage.....man.....
Coming from DM6, these are such a treat.

Thanks to whoever first recommended the dampers. Never thought such a cheap mod could make a difference.
Which damper did u use ?

Aug 22, 2019 at 1:50 PM Post #1,593 of 5,890
Well i can take some of the credit for that. I suggested in the beginning of this thread that you could put in extra dampers to tune the T800 to you're liking.
But i was not able to get the stock one out,and i also said that it was not possible.
But you obviously proved me wrong.
So great work man:punch:
It was on a little firm, but by no means was it jammed or bonded in place. Firm and slow force straight back out got it sorted. Did not look like it was printed in with the nozzles so decided to give it a go.

Yep, damper removal tool definitely handy. You could poke a hole in the screen and try to hook it out, but the ledge would prevent a hook tool from hooking the metal edge holding the screen.

Used a q-tip shaft to push the replacement damper into place. Did not care much for using the damper tool to install, didn't want to poke a hole in the screen :)

Much happier now versus stock. A lot more mellow and the soundstage.....man.....
Coming from DM6, these are such a treat.

Thanks to whoever first recommended the dampers. Never thought such a cheap mod could make a difference.

Aug 22, 2019 at 2:30 PM Post #1,594 of 5,890
From what I hear it is very close between the T800 and the OH10. I think the vocals are maybe a touch richer on the OH10 because of the dynamic driver, but both present the whole midrange band with very good detail and resolution. It's splitting hairs. But I wish I had another PWaudio No.5 cable for the T800 because I have a feeling that would help things a good deal, being OCC copper litz. Soundstage is again very close, but I think the OH10 is somewhat ahead because it seems just that bit more wide and spacious... more "speaker like" while the T800 is more focused and intimate. Both have about equal height, at an impressive level on each.
Does the ikko oh10 still have that metallic sound in the mids or did you find a way of eliminating that? Also do you personally feel these 2 iems are an upgrade over the oxygen in technical terms or is it very similar? Because tbh after the kanas pro I felt every other iems I have tried sound very similar and not worth the upgrade. I was hoping the t800 would be that.

Aug 22, 2019 at 2:54 PM Post #1,595 of 5,890
I've kept stock in there and used another white filter and it's very promising. I noticed a difference when I pushed it in so the two are stacked together and when I leave the second filter at the tip.

Been quietly enjoying this combo. Highs are slightly subdued but in return I think the layering and bass improved. Also sounds more coherent.

Aug 22, 2019 at 3:19 PM Post #1,596 of 5,890
Does the ikko oh10 still have that metallic sound in the mids or did you find a way of eliminating that? Also do you personally feel these 2 iems are an upgrade over the oxygen in technical terms or is it very similar? Because tbh after the kanas pro I felt every other iems I have tried sound very similar and not worth the upgrade. I was hoping the t800 would be that.

I think some burn in helped it out, as well as finding the ideal tips, and adding the PWaudio No.5 cable which is copper litz... Taken all together it's pretty negligible now. Also source is important, as it sounds much better out of my Sony WM1A which is warmer than my Note 8. I do think the OH10 and the T800 are upgrades, because each provide a noticeable bump in clarity and detail over the Oxygen, which was an improvement over the Kanas Pro when I had it.

If someone had told me 6 months ago I'd be enjoying two sub-300 IEMs as much as I am now, I'd have said they're crazy.

Last edited:
Aug 22, 2019 at 3:45 PM Post #1,597 of 5,890
I think some burn in helped it out, as well as finding the ideal tips, and adding the PWaudio No.5 cable which is copper litz... Taken all together it's pretty negligible now. Also source is important, as it sounds much better out of my Sony WM1A which is warmer than my Note 8. I do think the OH10 and the T800 are upgrades, because each provide a noticeable bump in clarity and detail over the Oxygen, which was an improvement over the Kanas Pro when I had it.

If someone had told me 6 months ago I'd be enjoying two sub-300 IEMs as much as I am now, I'd have said they're crazy.

I can second that T800 beats out kp on clarity by a big margin.

Aug 22, 2019 at 4:14 PM Post #1,598 of 5,890
I can second that T800 beats out kp on clarity by a big margin.
What I like about Kanas Pro is the timbre, the highs have transparent sounding timbre. BA usually have a different type of sound, while sounding clear at times.

I'm obviously not driving the Kanas Pro out of my phone. Some of the supposed high-end dynamic drivers I've tried will try to increase clarity by increasing the treble, and sounding peaky on initial listen (causing the stereotypical dynamic driver V-shape), but Kanas Pro solved that problem.

Last edited:
Aug 22, 2019 at 4:24 PM Post #1,599 of 5,890
What I like about Kanas Pro is the timbre, the highs have transparent sounding timbre. BA usually have a different type of sound, while sounding clear at times.

I'm obviously not driving the Kanas Pro out of my phone. Some of the supposed high-end dynamic drivers I've tried will try to increase clarity by increasing the treble, and sounding peaky on initial listen (causing the stereotypical dynamic driver V-shape), but Kanas Pro solved that problem.

When I got the kp I loved the Harmon tuning. Very clear and smooth sounding. I didn't think anything in my price range would beat it until I got the T800. T800 does what kp does but ups it by a noticeable difference and makes the kp sound veil, slow and soft...

But I'm not saying kp is veiled...its not, the tuning is quite good still. but i think t800 is on another level

Aug 22, 2019 at 4:28 PM Post #1,600 of 5,890
Kanas (Pro and regular) have very smooth and natural timber (regular Kanas more so), the sound indeed have some softness to it, very pleasant, T800 has no softness, it is snappy and more technical
T800 has the wow factor, Kanas is here to stay for the long run

Aug 22, 2019 at 4:42 PM Post #1,601 of 5,890
When I got the kp I loved the Harmon tuning. Very clear and smooth sounding. I didn't think anything in my price range would beat it until I got the T800. T800 does what kp does but ups it by a noticeable difference and makes the kp sound veil, slow and soft...

But I'm not saying kp is veiled...its not, the tuning is quite good still. but i think t800 is on another level
Funny thing is I don't hear veil with Kanas Pro. It's so fast, very quick in how it responds. It's interesting how much with dynamic drivers over the years. I've said this many times, you will hear less clarity if you don't drive the dynamic drivers hard enough. Speed and claity increases immensely as the amp puts out significant power. I'm driving it out of a DAC/Amp combo that drives full size headphones.

Last edited:
Aug 22, 2019 at 5:03 PM Post #1,602 of 5,890
Well i am happy with with t800... U could try the double silicone tip mod it calms brightness a bit more to more of my liking, .. I dont think i dont need dampers.. Just put a wide bore with a another silicone which you like on it will improve the sound signature too esp with compressed music/bad mastered tracks.. Improvement in bass and reduces the treble...

Here is a example
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/tin-hifi-p1-impressions.909334/page-45#post-15132361

Pretty good mod:L3000:

Last edited:
Aug 22, 2019 at 5:13 PM Post #1,603 of 5,890
Funny thing is I don't hear veil with Kanas Pro. It's so fast, very quick in how it responds. It's interesting how much with dynamic drivers over the years. I've said this many times, you will hear less clarity if you don't drive the dynamic drivers hard enough. Speed and claity increases immensely as the amp puts out significant power. I'm driving it out of a DAC/Amp combo that drives full size headphones.

On it's own I think it's great, but only if you hear it side by side with t800.

I'm using my ar-m20 dap and it has decent power. I can drive the hd6xx with it.

Aug 22, 2019 at 9:07 PM Post #1,605 of 5,890
I've kept stock in there and used another white filter and it's very promising. I noticed a difference when I pushed it in so the two are stacked together and when I leave the second filter at the tip.

Been quietly enjoying this combo. Highs are slightly subdued but in return I think the layering and bass improved. Also sounds more coherent.
Thanks can you discuss the differences in sound when stacked ver not pushing second dampers in all the way?

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back