AudioQuest NightOwl - A closed-back NightHawk
Sep 11, 2018 at 4:23 AM Post #1,157 of 2,529
I had to change cables because I dropped it again after I tripped the cable, luckily again there's no damage. I switched to a much thinner cable. I must say that the cable is the only flaw I found.

Sep 11, 2018 at 4:31 AM Post #1,158 of 2,529
Damn, how did that damage happen ?
I wish I could tell you. One random day I noticed the crack and after a bit of testing I couldn’t find any change to sound. No biggie and I ain’t selling these anyways.

Sep 11, 2018 at 4:36 AM Post #1,159 of 2,529
I’ve got a crack in my Owls, will post a picture when I can.

Nothing affected sonically.
Don't feel bad. I was aggressively demonstrating somwrhiso to a friend and my Owls flew off my head and landed on the concrete. I wanted to cry. I purchased some Porsche paint online and used a rotary sander (dog nail file) to smooth out the issue, And paint to better hide the issue. I didn't add the clear coat, so I have a "noticeable if looking for it" but passable issue on my cans. The color is there And it's smooth, so I don't think about it anymore. Point is, you can do a reasonable cosmetic "fix" if you so desire

Sep 11, 2018 at 6:07 AM Post #1,160 of 2,529
Brightened up your snaps @Jearly410 so folk can see the damage a bit easier
wink.gif

cXKrPEN.jpg

3wYuiiZ.jpg

Sep 11, 2018 at 10:23 AM Post #1,161 of 2,529
Sep 11, 2018 at 11:17 AM Post #1,162 of 2,529
Sep 11, 2018 at 11:25 AM Post #1,163 of 2,529
Is it worth getting a headphone stand? (my first pair of headphones).

I was thinking of getting the AQ one. Looks nice.

Only worry is it’ll strain/stretch the headband if I don’t use the headphones.

Sep 11, 2018 at 11:29 AM Post #1,164 of 2,529

I really like the Perch headphone stand. The AQ headphones are light enough, I don't think it will wear anything out by putting them on a stand at all.

Sep 11, 2018 at 11:42 AM Post #1,165 of 2,529

I certainly think so. I have four of the SilverStone stands and I absolutely love them. You can fit two Audeze LCDs on one stand, which basically means you can fit any two headphones on one.
https://www.amazon.com/SilverStone-Technology-EBA01B-Aluminum-Headphone/dp/B00Y54RXO8/

I hang my NightOwl from the cloth-covered bar above the stretchy headband so that I don't burn out the elastic. Works well and there is enough room that the cables still don't scrape the table.

Sep 11, 2018 at 11:50 AM Post #1,166 of 2,529
I certainly think so. I have four of the SilverStone stands and I absolutely love them. You can fit two Audeze LCDs on one stand, which basically means you can fit any two headphones on one.
https://www.amazon.com/SilverStone-Technology-EBA01B-Aluminum-Headphone/dp/B00Y54RXO8/

I hang my NightOwl from the cloth-covered bar above the stretchy headband so that I don't burn out the elastic. Works well and there is enough room that the cables still don't scrape the table.

I've got that stand, too. It's a beast!

@Colors The Perch stand won't pose any problems. It was, after all, developed for the AQ headphones.

Sep 11, 2018 at 1:37 PM Post #1,167 of 2,529
Sep 11, 2018 at 4:22 PM Post #1,168 of 2,529

I had a stand before I had AQ headphones. It looks nice having cans on a stand, but dust dirt, etc fly around. Keeping them in the case, you don't have to worry about any of thst.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back