1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

AudioQuest NightOwl - A closed-back NightHawk

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by xero1, Aug 14, 2016.
First

Back
68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77
79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88
Next

Last
  1. DW75
    Damn, how did that damage happen ?

2. infinitum4
    I had to change cables because I dropped it again after I tripped the cable, luckily again there's no damage. I switched to a much thinner cable. I must say that the cable is the only flaw I found.

3. Jearly410
    I wish I could tell you. One random day I noticed the crack and after a bit of testing I couldn’t find any change to sound. No biggie and I ain’t selling these anyways.

4. Devodonaldson
    Don't feel bad. I was aggressively demonstrating somwrhiso to a friend and my Owls flew off my head and landed on the concrete. I wanted to cry. I purchased some Porsche paint online and used a rotary sander (dog nail file) to smooth out the issue, And paint to better hide the issue. I didn't add the clear coat, so I have a "noticeable if looking for it" but passable issue on my cans. The color is there And it's smooth, so I don't think about it anymore. Point is, you can do a reasonable cosmetic "fix" if you so desire

Colors and Jearly410 like this.
  5. waveSounds
    Brightened up your snaps @Jearly410 so folk can see the damage a bit easier [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. phthora
    I'm sorry to hear that, man.

7. Jearly410
    Thanks mate.

8. Colors
    Is it worth getting a headphone stand? (my first pair of headphones).

I was thinking of getting the AQ one. Looks nice.

Only worry is it’ll strain/stretch the headband if I don’t use the headphones.

9. Mediahound
    I really like the Perch headphone stand. The AQ headphones are light enough, I don't think it will wear anything out by putting them on a stand at all.

Colors likes this.
  10. phthora
    I certainly think so. I have four of the SilverStone stands and I absolutely love them. You can fit two Audeze LCDs on one stand, which basically means you can fit any two headphones on one.
    https://www.amazon.com/SilverStone-Technology-EBA01B-Aluminum-Headphone/dp/B00Y54RXO8/

I hang my NightOwl from the cloth-covered bar above the stretchy headband so that I don't burn out the elastic. Works well and there is enough room that the cables still don't scrape the table.

Colors likes this.
  11. waveSounds
    I've got that stand, too. It's a beast!

@Colors The Perch stand won't pose any problems. It was, after all, developed for the AQ headphones.

Colors likes this.
  12. mbwilson111
  13. Devodonaldson
    I had a stand before I had AQ headphones. It looks nice having cans on a stand, but dust dirt, etc fly around. Keeping them in the case, you don't have to worry about any of thst.

Colors likes this.
  14. waveSounds
    I blow vapour at my desk most of the day with headphones on it, no ill effects.

Yet.

15. Joong
    Apply some manicure.
    I had the cracked and chipped off of small portion of the thick paint.
    When I applied the manicure to that part, the phone was recovered back to the original shape and feeling. 20180911_191220.jpg

phthora likes this.
First

Back
68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77
79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88
Next

Last