1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

AudioQuest NightOwl - A closed-back NightHawk

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by xero1, Aug 14, 2016.
First

Back
69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78
80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89
Next

Last
  1. Devodonaldson
    But the headphones aren't black. It's a Porsche Carbon color. That black would stick out like a sore thumb. I got ordered rouxhup paint for like $30

2. Joong
    It might be not distinguishable.
    My Owl's paint should not be big different from yours.
    Also there are so many choices among blacks in the beauty shop.
    I was surprised for the varieties of black. If you see the black, then it is no more true black.:wink:

Last edited: Sep 11, 2018
    Colors likes this.
  3. Colors
    I’ve decided to make a custom cable at my local retailer for my NightOwls (price is about USD150 or so).

Do you guys recommend I go with UP OCC or silver plated copper for the materials? Pure silver is a little out of my budget I think.

I think silver plated copper might be a good idea to pair with the mellow sounding and relaxed signature of the NightOwl. Less springy cable too.

4. Mediahound

Avoid silver plated copper because:

jazzmanjake, Colors and Roll like this.
  5. waveSounds
    Yes, but, his Axios headphone cable (1.2m) costs more than a new Focal Utopia. I don't even...

Colors likes this.
  6. NoelAustin
    How long do you want your cable to be?

Colors likes this.
  7. Colors
    Portable use only.

4ft / 120 cm / 1.2m.

Driven out of phone or DAP. Not high end rigs or home amplifier / desktop setup or something.

I’ve bought a lot of custom cables (around USD900) for my IEMs and I find (personal) a lot of improvement over the stock cables usually and also depending on the combinations of the materials of the cable and make up of the IEMs (BAs or DD, how many, sound signature, house sound, etc). Yes I’m a cable believer haha.

Headphone cables are more diverse than IEMs (which is basically MMCX or 0.78mm 2 pin) but I think the NightOwls are worth investing in. The stock cable is just too thick and heavy.

Been a few days and I like the NightOws better each day. Good sign compared to the reverse usually (honeymoon -> faults).

8. waveSounds
    Hoping that's cumulatively!!

Colors likes this.
  9. Colors
    Of course :)

10. waveSounds
    Colors likes this.
  11. Mediahound
    Colors likes this.
  12. NoelAustin
    I bought these:
    I bought these and am quite pleased. Total cost would be about $200. 1.2m and all silver. Company is in Latvia.

http://www.lavricables.com/cables/ultimate-silver-audioquest-nighthawk-upgrade-cable/

Colors likes this.
  13. mbwilson111
    If anyone gets this one please report back to say if it works for sure with the NH/NO. Also whether or not it is microphonic. I don't want to have to import it to the UK so I would have it sent to my daughter in the States to bring on her next visit. So I would need to know for sure that it works.

Colors likes this.
  14. Jearly410
    Thanks! I’ll get some ordered soon :beerchug:

15. Colors
    Might be in the minority here but I like the pleather lads over the suedes.

Better comfort (oddly), isolation, bass clarity and treble. Suedes one are too “bloomy”.

phthora likes this.
First

Back
69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78
80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89
Next

Last