AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread
Jan 11, 2019 at 9:39 AM Post #8,477 of 10,194
i got the E5000 because is a NH in earphone form

I still prefer headphones over iems or buds. iems in particular make my ears sore from time to time so I cannot count on using them. Buds are better but bigger ones put a bit of pressure on the tragus and sometimes the foams bother me... skin sensitivities. In the summer though, I can rarely wear headphones. No air conditioning here so I get too hot. That is when I enjoy buds or iems more. As long as I can enjoy my music I am happy.

The Nighthawks will always be with me until they, or I , die.

Jan 11, 2019 at 9:51 AM Post #8,479 of 10,194
It may be too much to ask or may not even exist, what iem's equal or less than $300 have a similar sound signature to the NH's with hybrid pads? Any input would be very much appreciated.

I guess I should have been more clear. I intend to use these iem's with an iPhone 6s in a mobile scenario with or without a dragonfly red.

Jan 11, 2019 at 9:51 AM Post #8,480 of 10,194
i love buds but they cant compare with IEMs in terms of bass response

In certain cases I disagree... but that is a discussion for the Earbuds Round-Up thread.

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2019 at 9:55 AM Post #8,483 of 10,194
I recently picked up a pair of Nighthawk Carbons on a whim and am really loving the sound. I noticed that the synthetic leather pads seem to have more wrinkles than a lot of the photos on line and was just wondering if you guys have noticed the same thing.

Jan 11, 2019 at 9:59 AM Post #8,484 of 10,194
Tentatively, I have narrowed my iem choices down to the following two: Final E5000 and Periodic Audio Be. Would very much appreciate any input comparing and contrasting these two.

Jan 11, 2019 at 10:09 AM Post #8,485 of 10,194
I noticed in your profile that you have sold your Nighthawk. Why?
I actually (used to anyway) use profiles to see if someone who had went gaga over a hp still had them. Not in a personal way...just to get a feeling of what headphones had staying power. Some people like to flip every 6 months. And that's ok. Gives them a chance to try out other gear.

Bern

Jan 11, 2019 at 10:51 AM Post #8,486 of 10,194
I actually (used to anyway) use profiles to see if someone who had went gaga over a hp still had them. Not in a personal way...just to get a feeling of what headphones had staying power. Some people like to flip every 6 months. And that's ok. Gives them a chance to try out other gear.

Bern

I look at profiles a lot to get a sense of where the poster is coming from... or just to admire their list:) I am always disappointed when someone has not filled it out. In some threads there have been posters who come in out of nowhere and speak with authority. Often they have not filled out anything. I think when we join we are encouraged to do so.

Jan 11, 2019 at 10:57 AM Post #8,487 of 10,194
I look at profiles a lot to get a sense of where the poster is coming from... or just to admire their list:) I am always disappointed when someone has not filled it out. In some threads there have been posters who come in out of nowhere and speak with authority. Often they have not filled out anything. I think when we join we are encouraged to do so.

I am an authority on nothing....

Jan 11, 2019 at 11:13 AM Post #8,489 of 10,194
I am an authority on nothing....

I trust your opinion on most things.

You do need to update your list though... I am pretty sure you have much more gear than that...

Jan 11, 2019 at 11:30 AM Post #8,490 of 10,194
I have had earbuds that give me a feeling similar to what I get listening to my original Nighthawks, IEMs not as much. Maybe @waynes world can help. I am not good at comparisons.

I'm not good at comparisons either unfortunately. All I know is that when I put on the Nighthawks, they sound so unique and so beautiful (and they are so comfortable) that like you, I will never part with them :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back