AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread
Jan 9, 2019 at 5:31 PM Post #8,461 of 10,196
The Nighthawk is not available on amazon.com anymore. First signs that the stock of new units is running out? 1 left on amazon.de.

Jan 11, 2019 at 8:40 AM Post #8,465 of 10,196
It may be too much to ask or may not even exist, what iem's equal or less than $300 have a similar sound signature to the NH's with hybrid pads? Any input would be very much appreciated.

Jan 11, 2019 at 8:55 AM Post #8,466 of 10,196
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/iem...ioquest-nighthawk-nightowl-headphones.886507/

Check this thread out :)

As a Nighthawk lover, I've been through a few iems and never really been satisfied until I got my RHA T10. I had to eq the sub bass down a notch or two as it was smothering everything else but after that I get the same "could listen for hours wowi a smile and no fatigue" I get from my Nighthawks.

Plenty of detail without being bright to show it.

The soundstage and instrument separation is crazy, I actually think they do better at that than the hawks.

T10 was replaced by the T20. Also being used with my Sony nw-a45 if that matters.

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2019 at 8:58 AM Post #8,467 of 10,196
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/iem...ioquest-nighthawk-nightowl-headphones.886507/

Check this thread out :)

As a Nighthawk lover, I've been through a few iems and never really been satisfied until I got my RHA T10. I had to eq the sub bass down a notch or two as it was smothering everything else but after that I get the same "could listen for hours wowi a smile and no fatigue" I get from my Nighthawks.

Plenty of detail without being bright to show it.

The soundstage and instrument separation is crazy, I actually think they do better at that than the hawks.

T10 was replaced by the T20. Also being used with my Sony nw-a45 if that matters.

Thank you.

Jan 11, 2019 at 9:10 AM Post #8,468 of 10,196

They have a sale on the T20 now. In case you can help, two questions: 1) Any cable issues? On amazon.com some say that the cable is not detachable and once it wears out, it's over. They also say it is a hard rubber and uncomfortable. Made me think of the Nightowl cable. 2) What is the difference between the T20 and T20 Gen 2?

Apologies for diverging onto another subject than Nighthawks. Still related... :)

Jan 11, 2019 at 9:21 AM Post #8,469 of 10,196
It may be too much to ask or may not even exist, what iem's equal or less than $300 have a similar sound signature to the NH's with hybrid pads? Any input would be very much appreciated.

I have had earbuds that give me a feeling similar to what I get listening to my original Nighthawks, IEMs not as much. Maybe @waynes world can help. I am not good at comparisons.

Jan 11, 2019 at 9:33 AM Post #8,474 of 10,196
Final E5000

Thanks for the recommendation, but, unfortunately, it may not work well with just my iPhone 6s. It may require a minimum of something like a dragonfly red with my 6s to drive them adequately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back