AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread
Jul 7, 2019 at 10:49 AM Post #9,001 of 10,196
The Nighthawk sound nothing like any Audeze.i do not own a pair of Audeze but I've compared them. I've also loaned my Nighthawk to friends who have Audeze and they went out to buy a pair of Nighthawk after.
Audeze are planar magnetic headphones and have a signature that is consistent with and typical for the technology.
You're asking if there's a difference between the iSine and the LCD? Or between Nighthawk and LCD?
For both, the answer would be, "yes". iSine would have a similar "house" and technology sound as they're both Audeze and PM drivers.
And the Nighthawk... It's a whole different animal, different sound, guts and all.

Jul 7, 2019 at 10:58 AM Post #9,002 of 10,196
I do not own audeze but I do have some high high end cans and have owned and heard more. Imo the nighthawk can’t be compared to others, I think they have to be judged independently because they are so different from any thing I’ve heard. And that’s a good thing. For pure music enjoyment all my cans have something to offer, but the hawks are special imo

Jul 7, 2019 at 11:02 AM Post #9,003 of 10,196
I do not own audeze but I do have some high high end cans and have owned and heard more. Imo the nighthawk can’t be compared to others, I think they have to be judged independently because they are so different from any thing I’ve heard. And that’s a good thing. For pure music enjoyment all my cans have something to offer, but the hawks are special imo
What he said.

Jul 7, 2019 at 11:24 AM Post #9,004 of 10,196
You do realise I have access to probably any headphone I like right? So think before throwing silly comments around like that lol

Jul 7, 2019 at 12:14 PM Post #9,005 of 10,196
I have heard the LCDc recently and was missing all the highs a bit I was used to hear with Hawks, iBasso Sr1, Massdrop Fostex THX00 and some more.

To me its hard to come to a conclusion testing A/B and favorizing one over another. The day after the comparison easily can deliver quite opposite results :wink:
My hearing depends a lot from mood, physical condition, preferences, perception.... I am sure when I own the LCDs for a longer time I would not miss any highs.

I heard and could test some Aeon Flow Closed a day and was missing bass (...) and found the presentation a bit boring. Well my hearing was profiled and used to E-MU Teak or similar Fostex THX at this time. The AF was missing a lot in a short A/B testing. The phone is just not that spectacular tuned then the others... but a bit more refined and very nice in longer listening sessions.

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2019 at 12:16 PM Post #9,006 of 10,196
The Nighthawk sound nothing like any Audeze.i do not own a pair of Audeze but I've compared them. I've also loaned my Nighthawk to friends who have Audeze and they went out to buy a pair of Nighthawk after.
Audeze are planar magnetic headphones and have a signature that is consistent with and typical for the technology.
You're asking if there's a difference between the iSine and the LCD? Or between Nighthawk and LCD?
For both, the answer would be, "yes". iSine would have a similar "house" and technology sound as they're both Audeze and PM drivers.
And the Nighthawk... It's a whole different animal, different sound, guts and all.

I was wondering LCD vs NightHawk so - thanks! That makes sense. I am looking for a different sound from the NightHawks. I love my Hawks I just have always had a eye on LCD's and Planar, and again I love my iSine's. So I think I will be pleased with the LCD2c and they will be a nice addition as I can listen to what I am in the mood for with such different sounds. Thanks fellas!

Jul 7, 2019 at 12:30 PM Post #9,007 of 10,196
You do realise I have access to probably any headphone I like right? So think before throwing silly comments around like that lol

Why would we realize that you have access to probably any headphone you like? Why DO you have access to probably any headphone? Do you own a headphone shop?

Jul 7, 2019 at 12:50 PM Post #9,008 of 10,196
Why would we realize that you have access to probably any headphone you like? Why DO you have access to probably any headphone? Do you own a headphone shop?
Because the lad was acting like I don’t have one, simple really.

Jul 7, 2019 at 6:34 PM Post #9,013 of 10,196
If anyone is looking for the original adapter (3.5>6.3) I have some extras. However, I'm looking for the stock cable (prefer balanced, but would take SE) that came with the original NH (wood version).

Jul 8, 2019 at 12:11 PM Post #9,015 of 10,196
I agree. Sometimes I'm listening to the NightOwl/NightHawk and wonder why I bother with anything else. When you feel the soul of the music and react with it, you should be at the finish line.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back