AudioQuest NightHawk Headphone Unveiled Today
Nov 20, 2014 at 12:03 PM Post #94 of 957
About the only bass I've heard that comes close to the punch of the 650 is the he-6 lol. Personally I thought the 650 bass to be annoying and the he6 to be musical.

Nov 20, 2014 at 12:13 PM Post #95 of 957
About the only bass I've heard that comes close to the punch of the 650 is the he-6 lol. Personally I thought the 650 bass to be annoying and the he6 to be musical.

I have a pair of DT 150's and hits harder in the bass than the HD 650. The DT 150 has some really thick, punchy, and heavy bass while simultaneously sounding clearer and less grainy than the HD 650.

Nov 20, 2014 at 2:46 PM Post #97 of 957
I've worn headphones that looks far more goofy, then these will ever be...

Older Stax anyone?

Nov 20, 2014 at 6:06 PM Post #98 of 957
Nov 20, 2014 at 7:51 PM Post #100 of 957
It's a pitty that I cannot attend CES for I am chilean and between jobs makes it impossible for me now but I'd love if local AQ distributors can bring this promesing hp to the chilean market even though it is very unlikely to happen.

Nov 21, 2014 at 5:07 AM Post #101 of 957
Yeah you are rather patronising.

But hey, I'll play your game. What don't I like about the design?

How about that massive ring around the top that makes you look like there's a radio transmitter on your head?

I also dont like the name or the website aesthetic, with all the moody black.  Interestingly, there's not a single photo of someone actually wearing them on the site.  And NightHawk? ***, is this supposed to be an Audiophile Watchmen or something?

Nov 21, 2014 at 6:05 AM Post #102 of 957

How about that massive ring around the top that makes you look like there's a radio transmitter on your head?

I also dont like the name or the website aesthetic, with all the moody black.  Interestingly, there's not a single photo of someone actually wearing them on the site.  And NightHawk? ***, is this supposed to be an Audiophile Watchmen or something?

That massive ring around the top is quite a common design element if you take the time to look through the site.
No pictures of anyone wearing them???? Did you actually read the first post in this thread?
You've obviously got a chip on your shoulder, Which unfortunately isn't going to go down well here.

I was the one who reported your original post in this thread for being offensive.
Its gone now but the words " You look like a dick wearing them " aren't going to make you any friends.

I don't know why people have got to be so rude and opinionated.

Anyway, Sorry @jude  for your thread being derailed. 

All the best Paul :)

Nov 21, 2014 at 6:08 AM Post #103 of 957
I actually like the look of them but let's face it, they're not really aimed at the portable market so what does it matter how they look? Anyway, enough of the name calling. I think they look as though they should have a darker sonic signature. The name as well tends to imply that. If they turn out to have a sound in the same vein as the Q701 I'll be very disappointed. If they go down the HD 650 / LCD 2 route I'll be delighted. Sadly, I think they're likely to be priced out of my league. We'll see.

Nov 21, 2014 at 6:15 AM Post #104 of 957

Thanks for the slightly more constructive feedback. I think they look ok (I'm all for new & interesting designs).   To be honest though, for headphones I wear in the privacy of my own home (ie, any open headphone), I don't care what I look like so long as the sound is #1 priority.  

Pics of Jude wearing the headphones from the first page of this thread:

Nov 21, 2014 at 11:38 AM Post #105 of 957
It's the Jude twins --  Happy and Serious -- bet'cha didn't know there were really two of 'him', eh?   
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back