AudioQuest NightHawk Headphone Unveiled Today
Nov 22, 2014 at 1:11 AM Post #106 of 957
Audioquest u dun goofed on the design. These headphones are rather ugly. Hopefully they will sound a lot better than they look. Kind of disappointed, this is looking like just another mid-fi headphone in a crowded market and we don't need anymore of those. Still awaiting the day a non-electrostat hp can surpass the HD 800.

Nov 22, 2014 at 9:51 AM Post #108 of 957
Nov 25, 2014 at 8:18 PM Post #112 of 957
I don't know what you all are using as a basis for appearance but I think the NightHawk is VERY attractive...

Nor will I ever understand the massive fascination with the HD800.  Absolutely lifeless and unrewarding.  Made much more for listening to sound, much less for listening to music (which after all is what we're here for, no?).  It's like dating an anorexic model whose job is to show fashion on the runway versus a warm body you would actually want to have and hold...

Nor am I here voting for a voicing along HD650/LCD2v2 darkness...  I want my sound signature curvy, but with regular visits to the gym too, if I can stretch the metaphor a little further LOL.

I'm pretty excited to hear it, but at the same time pretty convinced I'll never be able to afford it.  Here's to another unattainable dream!

Nov 26, 2014 at 12:27 AM Post #113 of 957
  I don't know what you all are using as a basis for appearance but I think the NightHawk is VERY attractive...

Nor will I ever understand the massive fascination with the HD800.  Absolutely lifeless and unrewarding.  Made much more for listening to sound, much less for listening to music (which after all is what we're here for, no?).  It's like dating an anorexic model whose job is to show fashion on the runway versus a warm body you would actually want to have and hold...

Nor am I here voting for a voicing along HD650/LCD2v2 darkness...  I want my sound signature curvy, but with regular visits to the gym too, if I can stretch the metaphor a little further LOL.

I'm pretty excited to hear it, but at the same time pretty convinced I'll never be able to afford it.  Here's to another unattainable dream!

Quoted for truth. Probably.

Nov 26, 2014 at 1:28 AM Post #114 of 957
So for those who've been around these parts longer.

How long do we usually wait for speculation to build before any viable impressions worth reading take place, and how do we filter out endless pages of speculation when checking in on this thread?

Nov 26, 2014 at 1:53 AM Post #115 of 957

HD800 might be lifeless and unrewarding depending on the upstream gear. Make no mistake though, on the proper gear they come to life like a anorexic model turning into a hot latina housewife :))

Nov 26, 2014 at 2:07 AM Post #116 of 957
  So for those who've been around these parts longer.

How long do we usually wait for speculation to build before any viable impressions worth reading take place, and how do we filter out endless pages of speculation when checking in on this thread?

We'll let you know... in about six months.

Nov 26, 2014 at 5:09 AM Post #117 of 957

I encourage you to audition the HD800s again, with a proper tube setup...

Nov 26, 2014 at 6:05 AM Post #118 of 957
Nov 26, 2014 at 10:20 AM Post #119 of 957
I speak as someone living in domestic bliss with a hot Latina housewife...

Anyhow, over the years, I've auditioned the HD800s on several setups, tube and solid state and also using aftermarket cables.  This should be taken as understood, since I don't think anyone would ever trial/judge a flagship headphone out of something less, e.g., a cell phone HP-out.

Anyhow, this kind of fervent cheering is exactly what I'm talking about.  Maybe I'm to blame, but shouldn't posts stay on topic about the upcoming NightHawks instead of the established reputation of the HD800s?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back