AudioQuest NightHawk Headphone Unveiled Today
Dec 3, 2014 at 3:08 AM Post #136 of 957
  AQ makes some great cables, not cheap, but they sound fabulous.  Soooo  . . . the cable should be rather good, right? . . . 
rolleyes.gif

I'd certainly hope so. There should be no need to invest in after-market cables with this one.

Dec 3, 2014 at 8:50 AM Post #138 of 957

I'd certainly hope so. There should be no need to invest in after-market cables with this one.

Maybe AudioQuest will offer their own cable upgrade for it. They'd be crazy not to.

Dec 3, 2014 at 1:42 PM Post #140 of 957
You'd think to withhold their reputation of being a high end cable company they would not put a piece of crap cable on it. However $ talks and they probably will which will make for an even more fun time reading the comments when people ask AQ for specifics about their cable and what the improvement will be compared to a decent cable they can get off Amazon.

Dec 3, 2014 at 2:13 PM Post #141 of 957
If Audioquest don't fit a high-end cable as standard they'll be off my list on principle alone.

Dec 3, 2014 at 9:05 PM Post #142 of 957
3Quote:
If Audioquest don't fit a high-end cable as standard they'll be off my list on principle alone.

Please read Tyll's comments on the NightHawk at InnerFidelity and follow the link to Audioquest's website to read the introduction to the NightHawk before posting about things that have already been discussed. Audioquest described the cable that comes with the phones in great detail.   

It's amazing to me that people continue to post guessing what the retail price will be or commenting about features of the phones that have already been addressed by Audioquest. Please do your homework before posting!

Dec 3, 2014 at 10:06 PM Post #143 of 957

Based on my experience with Audioquest cables, I'm sure it will easily beat other 'stock' headphone cables thus saving most folks from the need to upgrade.  Of course we don't know the AWG of the cable and it isn't silver, so there may still be room for an upgrade if the rest of the Nighthawk warrants it.    

Dec 3, 2014 at 10:09 PM Post #144 of 957

Please read Tyll's comments on the NightHawk at InnerFidelity and follow the link to Audioquest's website to read the introduction to the NightHawk before posting about things that have already been discussed. Audioquest described the cable that comes with the phones in great detail.   

It's amazing to me that people continue to post guessing what the retail price will be or commenting about features of the phones that have already been addressed by Audioquest. Please do your homework before posting!

Wow, are we running out of internet? Get a grip.

Dec 4, 2014 at 12:08 AM Post #145 of 957
I signed up for the Nighthawk updates mailing list and when I verified through the email, it downloaded an application to my tablet to which I instantly decided to view app info. I was going to take a screen shot but was in a hurry to force stop and uninstall it. The permissions were ridiculous. The one that concerned me the most was ability to change hardwaresetting on device and neighboring devices without permission

Dec 5, 2014 at 12:43 AM Post #146 of 957
I signed up for the Nighthawk updates mailing list and when I verified through the email, it downloaded an application to my tablet to which I instantly decided to view app info. I was going to take a screen shot but was in a hurry to force stop and uninstall it. The permissions were ridiculous. The one that concerned me the most was ability to change hardwaresetting on device and neighboring devices without permission

Oh shoot! I signed up for the updates as well. I had best check for any bull puckey permissions apps. If they are there, I will have lost a LOT of respect for AQ using these sort of questionable marketing tactics. Now don't go getting your panties in a wad, it's just my opinion and before anybody forgets, we are each entitled to have our own wether it is popular or not and this is mine, so get over it.

Dec 8, 2014 at 12:30 AM Post #149 of 957

DoctaCosmos,

When I read your comment, I was surprised that the verification site would force an app download. We are rigorous and deeply serious about user privacy at AQ, so I have been researching the issue since your post.

Our email list and verification site is managed and hosted via MailChimp, one of the leading email contact services. All of our emails and subscription/verification system fully comply with the US CAN-SPAM Act and international spam regulations. I have been working with MailChimp's support team to determine what could be going on.

MailChimp was able to test and confirm that there is no software download prompt on either AudioQuest's site or during the sign-up verification process on MailChimp's side. They have advised that the application download you experienced during the verification process may have been local to your device, browser, or network. I highly recommend scanning your device for malware/viruses.

Below the sign-up form on nighthawk.audioquest.com is the note "We respect your privacy." We mean it. We will never sell, distribute, or disclose anyone's email address or personal information. The purpose of the list is strictly to update those who sign up about any pertinent updates concerning NightHawk's launch date and availability. 

Skylar Gray

Dec 8, 2014 at 1:07 AM Post #150 of 957

DoctaCosmos,

When I read your comment, I was surprised that the verification site would force an app download. We are rigorous and deeply serious about user privacy at AQ, so I have been researching the issue since your post.

Our email list and verification site is managed and hosted via MailChimp, one of the leading email contact services. All of our emails and subscription/verification system fully comply with the US CAN-SPAM Act and international spam regulations. I have been working with MailChimp's support team to determine what could be going on.

MailChimp was able to test and confirm that there is no software download prompt on either AudioQuest's site or during the sign-up verification process on MailChimp's side. They have advised that the application download you experienced during the verification process may have been local to your device, browser, or network. I highly recommend scanning your device for malware/viruses.

Below the sign-up form on nighthawk.audioquest.com is the note "We respect your privacy." We mean it. We will never sell, distribute, or disclose anyone's email address or personal information. The purpose of the list is strictly to update those who sign up about any pertinent updates concerning NightHawk's launch date and availability. 

Skylar Gray

Fair comment. I have checked and found no such invasion of my internet devices and am glad that AQ stepped up to the plate to address this issue immediately. Well done. My faith in AQ is now fully restored and I look forward to further updates. Good to see that some companies are still serious about customer service.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back