AudioQuest NightHawk Headphone Unveiled Today
Dec 8, 2014 at 6:34 PM Post #153 of 957
Man, I thought, how old is this guy?  But then I see he's living outback . . . lol . . .

beerchug.gif

Dec 8, 2014 at 7:35 PM Post #154 of 957

Yea, I'm an old fart (sixty next b/day) so I've seen a bit of development on many fronts! I still enjoy my music and my 
fast Italian motorbike(Aprilia Tuono V4) so don't write me off yet. Thinking young keeps you young.
Pardon the deviation from topic.

Dec 10, 2014 at 6:47 PM Post #155 of 957
I don't know what you all are using as a basis for appearance but I think the NightHawk is VERY attractive...

Nor will I ever understand the massive fascination with the HD800.  Absolutely lifeless and unrewarding.  Made much more for listening to sound, much less for listening to music (which after all is what we're here for, no?).  It's like dating an anorexic model whose job is to show fashion on the runway versus a warm body you would actually want to have and hold...

Nor am I here voting for a voicing along HD650/LCD2v2 darkness...  I want my sound signature curvy, but with regular visits to the gym too, if I can stretch the metaphor a little further LOL.

I'm pretty excited to hear it, but at the same time pretty convinced I'll never be able to afford it.  Here's to another unattainable dream!

Excellently put! I couldn't agree more! :)

Dec 10, 2014 at 8:57 PM Post #156 of 957

I could agree more but I'm not going to :) 

Dec 10, 2014 at 10:19 PM Post #157 of 957
  I don't know what you all are using as a basis for appearance but I think the NightHawk is VERY attractive...

Nor will I ever understand the massive fascination with the HD800.  Absolutely lifeless and unrewarding.  Made much more for listening to sound, much less for listening to music (which after all is what we're here for, no?).  It's like dating an anorexic model whose job is to show fashion on the runway versus a warm body you would actually want to have and hold...

Nor am I here voting for a voicing along HD650/LCD2v2 darkness...  I want my sound signature curvy, but with regular visits to the gym too, if I can stretch the metaphor a little further LOL.

I'm pretty excited to hear it, but at the same time pretty convinced I'll never be able to afford it.  Here's to another unattainable dream!

I guess I'm a little hung up on the analogy between the anorexic model, (let's say 'anorexic super model'), and so called lifeless and unrewarding HD800's.  I think in both instances the performance and ultimate satisfaction may depend upon the way they are driven, n'est-ce pas?  For example you wouldn't expect a super model to perform optimally if she were driven around in your vintage AMC Pacer would you?  Likewise, at 250 ohms the HD 800 is somewhat difficult to drive.  It requires an amp with enough juice to spread out the sound stage and display all the clarity and finer details of a recording.  At least that is my experience with the HD800.  I can only speak theoretically about super models . . . 
tongue.gif

Dec 10, 2014 at 11:04 PM Post #158 of 957
I guess I'm a little hung up on the analogy between the anorexic model, (let's say 'anorexic super model'), and so called lifeless and unrewarding HD800's.  I think in both instances the performance and ultimate satisfaction may depend upon the way they are driven, n'est-ce pas?  For example you wouldn't expect a super model to perform optimally if she were driven around in your vintage AMC Pacer would you?  Likewise, at 250 ohms the HD 800 is somewhat difficult to drive.  It requires an amp with enough juice to spread out the sound stage and display all the clarity and finer details of a recording.  At least that is my experience with the HD800.  I can only speak theoretically about super models . . . :p  

"If models are made for modelin', thick girls are made for cuddlin'."
- Andre 3000

Dec 12, 2014 at 10:10 AM Post #159 of 957
"If models are made for modelin', thick girls are made for cuddlin'."
- Andre 3000

"Nobody likes cuddling with a stick"
-Facebook, 2014

I guess I'm a little hung up on the analogy between the anorexic model, (let's say 'anorexic super model'), and so called lifeless and unrewarding HD800's.  I think in both instances the performance and ultimate satisfaction may depend upon the way they are driven, n'est-ce pas?  For example you wouldn't expect a super model to perform optimally if she were driven around in your vintage AMC Pacer would you?  Likewise, at 250 ohms the HD 800 is somewhat difficult to drive.  It requires an amp with enough juice to spread out the sound stage and display all the clarity and finer details of a recording.  At least that is my experience with the HD800.  I can only speak theoretically about super models . . . :p  

My HD800s are high matenence... Most women are in their own way. By your logic, super models just have better taste, and just want to be pampered. So that's what my HD800s get, special treatment! :wink:

Dec 12, 2014 at 10:19 AM Post #160 of 957
I guess the Audeze LCD-XC is Kim Kadrashinan.....

Dec 12, 2014 at 10:50 AM Post #163 of 957
Then the HD-800s can be compared to the chick in this video http://vimeo.com/112143818 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Dec 12, 2014 at 10:55 AM Post #164 of 957
I feel old.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back