AudioQuest NightHawk Headphone Unveiled Today
Dec 1, 2014 at 12:48 PM Post #122 of 957
Okay, I've deleted several posts. If you want to start a separate thread about the stuff that's off-topic in this one, go right ahead. But this thread is about the AudioQuest NightHawk.

Dec 1, 2014 at 9:29 PM Post #123 of 957
I was looking at this picture of the back of the driver and driver frame...and now I'm thinking it will come in at around $150. It just looks like something one would see in that price range.

NewProduct_AudioQuest_Nighthawk_Photo_AsymetricalVenting.jpg

Dec 1, 2014 at 9:30 PM Post #124 of 957
Okay, I've deleted several posts. If you want to start a separate thread about the stuff that's off-topic in this one, go right ahead. But this thread is about the AudioQuest NightHawk.

Thanks Jude. Looking forward to impressions. Obviously, we'll be waiting a good long while, my local dealer had no idea about these cans.

Jude, any extra comments on the sound?

Dec 1, 2014 at 10:48 PM Post #125 of 957
I'm all for keeping the sonic impressions under wraps until near release day...it makes it less painful of a wait
bigsmile_face.gif

Dec 2, 2014 at 4:12 AM Post #126 of 957
Hi Beagle

Are you sure that's the back of the NightHawk?  

Just to me it looks a different shape to the phones that Jude is wearing at the beginning of the thread...but I'm not an expert...so may well be mistaken.

Dec 2, 2014 at 6:51 AM Post #128 of 957
  "...and now I'm thinking it will come in at around $150".

And I'm trying to decide on the seasoning I'll use to eat the inevitable hat if you're correct.

Dec 2, 2014 at 7:38 AM Post #130 of 957
I'll be surprised if there isn't another zero on that prediction.

Dec 2, 2014 at 8:51 AM Post #131 of 957
  I was looking at this picture of the back of the driver and driver frame...and now I'm thinking it will come in at around $150. It just looks like something one would see in that price range.

NewProduct_AudioQuest_Nighthawk_Photo_AsymetricalVenting.jpg

If you had read Tyll's description under this picture you would see that this is a picture of a 'typical' headphone driver assembly. It is not a picture of the actual Nighthawk driver assembly. In Tyll's text he explains how the Nighthawk driver assembly will differ from this 'typical' driver assembly to provide better performance. Please reread the article to clarify the points Tyll makes about how the Nighthawk differs from most headphones.

Dec 2, 2014 at 9:40 AM Post #132 of 957
redface.gif

redface.gif

redface.gif

images

oooops.....I feel like an idiot. I skipped over that important line and thought I was reading Skylar's description of that driver as being the Nighthawk's.

I withdraw my original erroneous comment and now predict that these will retail for around $899
biggrin.gif

I'll be surprised if there isn't another zero on that prediction.

I'd be surprised if you are not close to being right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back