AudioQuest Dragonfly Review : Affordable, Outstanding, Tiny DAC / Amp
Oct 1, 2013 at 5:57 PM Post #1,291 of 2,514
With regards to the different dragonfly version this thread talks about is it safe to assume that the version with the soft velvet pouch (previously owned) is the old version and the one with the leatherette sleeve is the latest version, yes?

Oct 1, 2013 at 10:42 PM Post #1,294 of 2,514
  With regards to the different dragonfly version this thread talks about is it safe to assume that the version with the soft velvet pouch (previously owned) is the old version and the one with the leatherette sleeve is the latest version, yes?

Apparently yes. I have one I bought the 1st week it was out. It has performed flawlessly since I bought it.

Oct 2, 2013 at 9:47 PM Post #1,296 of 2,514
Man, I want one so bad, but I just don't have need for a DF unless is it directly compatible with my iPad. I don't even touch my laptop anymore. I've got a few people looking out for any updates on the 2 Gen release. Patience is a virtue I've never been good at.

I've seen a mod using it with an iPad go back thru the thread and you should find it.

Oct 11, 2013 at 10:24 AM Post #1,298 of 2,514
Just got this and the colour indicator won't change no matter what music I play (Flac or various mp3 bitrates). It always lights in pink colour. Of course I hear a lot of difference in terms of SQ compared to what I hear directly from my laptop audio output but this issue with the light makes me sceptical whether the device is working properly or not...

Would you excuse my ignorance and help me with this matter?

UPDATE: Forgot to mention that I'm only able to change the light indicator by changing the sound properties manually from my computer's control panel. I'm running windows 7 pro 64 if that matters.

Oct 11, 2013 at 1:31 PM Post #1,299 of 2,514
  Just got this and the colour indicator won't change no matter what music I play (Flac or various mp3 bitrates). It always lights in pink colour. Of course I hear a lot of difference in terms of SQ compared to what I hear directly from my laptop audio output but this issue with the light makes me sceptical whether the device is working properly or not...

Would you excuse my ignorance and help me with this matter?

UPDATE: Forgot to mention that I'm only able to change the light indicator by changing the sound properties manually from my computer's control panel. I'm running windows 7 pro 64 if that matters.

It won't change on it's own in windows/ if its driven by the standard windows audio drivers. I recommend using foobar2000 for playing your music, install wasapi for it, go to foobars settings, output, and select wasapi event dragonfly, and now it can get the music directly and detect the sampling rates.

Windows just up/down samples to what ever has been selected from the windows playback devices menu.

PS it's allover this thread, there is also a search from thread funktion here, so please use that.

Oct 11, 2013 at 1:39 PM Post #1,300 of 2,514
Thank you so much! Now makes really sense why I couldn't make the device change sample rate on its own.

I use JRiver but I will try Foobar instead if there is that ''Dragonfly'' profile integrated to the specific player.

Another thing is, what is the analog volume control that Dragonfly is supposed to feature? I've read there is one with 64 bars to adjust.

Thank you very much for the above message. It was a true relief. I had been starting to believe I got a faulty piece.

Oct 11, 2013 at 2:12 PM Post #1,301 of 2,514
You don't need to switch from JRiver to Foobar.  Just select WASAPI as the output mode (Click on Player on the main menu, then click on Playback options, then choose WASAPI as the output mode.)  You might also click Oputput mode settings and check the settingfs there.

Oct 13, 2013 at 4:51 PM Post #1,303 of 2,514
Lovin' my DF driving HD650's, both brand new. A small issue -- certain songs seem to have pops/clicks. Seem to be random, I can't trigger them by poking the ports or wires. My setup:

Spotify Premium --> Lenovo Win8-x64 --> Mediabridge USB-Extension (gold plated) --> DF --> HD650.
Tried it without the Mediabridge interconnect, still spits/pops. Drivers fully updated on comp.
Any suggestions?

Oct 13, 2013 at 5:04 PM Post #1,305 of 2,514
  Try to reduce buffer size from the output profile of JRiver (I suppose this is the one you're using).

Thanks for the reply.
Unfortunately, I'm not using JRiver. As far as I know, there's no other way to send streaming Spotify through JRiver or any other program... unless I'm mistaken? Is there some change I could make in the Spotify program itself? (Already turned on high-quality streaming).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back