AudioQuest Dragonfly Review : Affordable, Outstanding, Tiny DAC / Amp
Aug 12, 2013 at 10:06 AM Post #1,232 of 2,514
Quote:
kryten123 -  I have the same issue as you with windows xp only.  Audioquest was no help either. They said it was a driver issue, but I used a few different ones and all had the same issue. Mine shoots to full output and does the crazy freakout thing once I come back up from zero.  Windows 7 and OSX have no issues at all. Yes, with IEM's, volume can get high quickly and I did not like that.   I also felt it did a better job as a DAC only and not as a headphone amplifier. 

Wow thanks mate - It didnt occur to me the different Windows versions.
My screwy machine was XP and my home laptop is Win7. Replaced my work XP with Win7 and all is good
biggrin.gif

The volume is much better now but still quite sensitive for IEMs....I just need to be a bit careful to be off the Volume menu in Windows before I roll the mouse wheel.
basshead.gif

Thanks

Aug 12, 2013 at 10:50 AM Post #1,233 of 2,514
Quote:
Anyone know if this thing works with a Galaxy S3 phone pumping USB audio over otg cable?

I have an S3 and I tried it.  It doesn't have enough juice to power it.  My Fiio E7 works fine over the otg cable, so I know it isn't the cable. 

Aug 19, 2013 at 6:36 AM Post #1,234 of 2,514
Hi,
Is it possible to use a Music Fidelity V-Link with the Audioquest DragonFly?  If so, I don't understand what the order of connections would be and how one would connect the output of V-link to the Dragonfly and in turn how the DF would be connected?  

Perhaps the idea is nonsensical; if so please advise.

Thanks
Ian

Aug 19, 2013 at 5:16 PM Post #1,237 of 2,514
I am in to. Looking forward to the comparison.

Aug 19, 2013 at 8:32 PM Post #1,240 of 2,514
Quote:
Hi,
Is it possible to use a Music Fidelity V-Link with the Audioquest DragonFly?  If so, I don't understand what the order of connections would be and how one would connect the output of V-link to the Dragonfly and in turn how the DF would be connected?  

Perhaps the idea is nonsensical; if so please advise.

Thanks
Ian

The answer to this question is No and No.  There is no reason or method to do so.  The V-link serves the purpose of adapting computer USB digital music streaming output asynchronously to and external DAC.  The Dragonfly accomplishes this internally and thus fulfills the intended purposes of the v-link as well as the DAC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back