AudioQuest Dragonfly Review : Affordable, Outstanding, Tiny DAC / Amp
Mar 10, 2014 at 11:25 PM Post #1,773 of 2,514
it doesnt bend for sure but still relieves stress on the USB port

No one is pointing a gun to your head, making you buy an extension... We just suggest one to extend the life of your components. The Dragonfly's male never inserts finally into the female. There also is a good bit of weight that can lead to damage. The reason for the DragonTail over a cheap USB extension is that it's usually $16 and uses AQ's carbon line (solid core copper). Believe cable smoke or not... A good cable is reliable. The $1-5 cables always end up dying on me, eventually.

Sorry if I come off snooty. But if you use one long enough (or read through the entire thread) it makes way more sense. :D

Mar 11, 2014 at 2:26 PM Post #1,775 of 2,514
Mar 11, 2014 at 8:13 PM Post #1,776 of 2,514
No one is pointing a gun to your head, making you buy an extension... We just suggest one to extend the life of your components. The Dragonfly's male never inserts finally into the female. There also is a good bit of weight that can lead to damage. The reason for the DragonTail over a cheap USB extension is that it's usually $16 and uses AQ's carbon line (solid core copper). Believe cable smoke or not... A good cable is reliable. The $1-5 cables always end up dying on me, eventually.

Sorry if I come off snooty. But if you use one long enough (or read through the entire thread) it makes way more sense.
biggrin.gif

You had me at "uses AQ's carbon line (solid core copper)" = a load of dung.
Yes cheaply made cables die sooner sometimes but a $16 cable is not needed at all for this.

Mar 11, 2014 at 8:38 PM Post #1,777 of 2,514
i paid the $16 for the dragontail, and it has served me well.  probably as well as other cables would, but it was $16, not $50, and length was perfect for what i needed it for.  no regrets here.

Mar 13, 2014 at 6:09 PM Post #1,781 of 2,514
Hey guys, little problem.

I just got home from work and sat down at my PC and now my Dragonfly is not outputting any audio.

I have gone through and checked to make sure the settings are correct and nothing is working.

When I try to play a test tone in windows it says that it failed to play a test tone and when playing something through music bee it tells me that there is a Bass_error_handle.

It worked 12 hours ago =/

Mar 13, 2014 at 6:43 PM Post #1,782 of 2,514
  Hey guys, little problem.

I just got home from work and sat down at my PC and now my Dragonfly is not outputting any audio.

I have gone through and checked to make sure the settings are correct and nothing is working.

When I try to play a test tone in windows it says that it failed to play a test tone and when playing something through music bee it tells me that there is a Bass_error_handle.

It worked 12 hours ago =/

A silly question: is the Dagonfly getting power or enough power, i.e. does it glow?

Mar 13, 2014 at 7:01 PM Post #1,783 of 2,514
Sorry to beat a dead horse but even searching didn't get a solid answer. @mrscotchguy seemed to have the closest thing but not a definite yes.

Does the Dragonfly V1.0 or V1.2 work with just an OTG cable to a Galaxy S3?

And completely separate but related, will 200mA run the Dragonfly?

Mar 13, 2014 at 9:13 PM Post #1,784 of 2,514
Sorry to beat a dead horse but even searching didn't get a solid answer. @mrscotchguy
seemed to have the closest thing but not a definite yes.

Does the Dragonfly V1.0 or V1.2 work with just an OTG cable to a Galaxy S3?

My brother still has an S3. I can see if he can let me try it out. But from what I read, the reason the DF works is due to Samsung's TouchWiz. I don't know if the S3 has that or if it's even the same as the Note. We tried the DF one of my employees S4 and it didn't work...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back