Audiophile iOS audio player
Jun 28, 2017 at 6:54 PM Post #661 of 855
It looks that way to me. If you choose 44.1kHz it does play higher resolution music at the proper sampling rate but the app says it is modifying the music which I want to avoid. Another problem is the user interface is mediocre at best. Back to NePLAYER for me.
Hi, I contacted the creator of the app asking the same question, I am waiting for an answer. I don't use the resampling engine too, so I set it to 44.1kHz. I really don't know if that means that the app is resampling to 44.1 files already at 44.1khz,but it sounds so good to me. I agree with your statement about user interface

Jun 28, 2017 at 7:39 PM Post #662 of 855
Hi, I contacted the creator of the app asking the same question, I am waiting for an answer. I don't use the resampling engine too, so I set it to 44.1kHz. I really don't know if that means that the app is resampling to 44.1 files already at 44.1khz,but it sounds so good to me. I agree with your statement about user interface

I will be interested in the creators response because the "converted" sound according to the app can be at a wide variance to the original.

Jun 28, 2017 at 8:30 PM Post #663 of 855
I have been mind blown by my recent addition of antipodes audio dsgt server using roon core. just dropped my iTunes library onto its ssd, shows kHz, bit rate, kbps, dynamic range, its wave file, but what is jaw dropping is the output to my dac then amp to my hd800S.
granted my iMac and iPad or phone are using roon remote and the system is bypassed.

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2017 at 8:05 AM Post #666 of 855
Hibiki during playback of a song has a graphic of what it calls the original wave and a "converted" wave. That is what has me concerned.
So, Hibiki's creator answered me saying that if you select 44.1 for a 44.1 files there is no upsampling done by the player, direct playing.
The converted wave you seem to be concerned about, is simply a graph showing the "benefit" of upsampling.
I like this player a lot, and I actually found out that setting the player to 88.2, even though the apple os still converting down to 48, gives me a fuller sound, I love it, you should try!

Jun 29, 2017 at 8:17 AM Post #668 of 855
44.1Khz/16bit is all you need with human ears, just sayin...
yes but players differ on how that sounds... see my post above on antipodes audio dsgt

Jul 2, 2017 at 10:25 AM Post #669 of 855
Hello folks,
Yes, I strongly want to say again that Hibiki sounds too good. Natural and heavy at the same time = real!
It is perfect with acoustic music: classical , jazz , etc...
Cannot recommend it more! Give it a try it there is a free version

Jul 2, 2017 at 9:30 PM Post #670 of 855
Hello folks,
Yes, I strongly want to say again that Hibiki sounds too good. Natural and heavy at the same time = real!
It is perfect with acoustic music: classical , jazz , etc...
Cannot recommend it more! Give it a try it there is a free version

Have you compared it to Kaisertone? Because that player is fantastic.

Jul 19, 2017 at 8:53 PM Post #673 of 855
After a bunch of listening to Onkyo, KaiserTone, iTunes, and iAudiogate feeding my HA-2, I fall into the "horses for courses" camp. We have some great options here!

First place: KaiserTone -- detailed without being analytical, 1/2 point off for almost an over-isolation of instruments in the soundstage (but if that's the way the recording is mixed, it is what it is...)

Runner up: iAudiogate -- sometimes I like that tubed-sounding smooth warmth, even if it sacrifices some detail

Onkyo: Can't get past those ear-scarring highs with my setup

Apple Music App: I mean, its better than nothing in a pinch...

Just my 2 cents...

Jul 23, 2017 at 5:13 PM Post #675 of 855
SOLVED, please ignore.
=====
I've just purchased today KaiserTone, but I cannot figure out how to add my high resolution music on my iPhone 6S Plus. I have some music in DSD format and 24bit/96KHz purchased from HDTracks.com.
Can someone help me, please?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back