Audiophile iOS audio player
Jul 24, 2017 at 11:23 AM Post #676 of 855
Jul 29, 2017 at 10:23 AM Post #680 of 855
Dear HibyMusic developers,
First of all congrats for releasing a new version.
Various improvements and bugs fixes and new UI, I think it’s a big release within 14 months! It’s a great achievement.

Well, being a long term HibyMusic user and a beta tester, I would like to point you out some bugs or basic functionality fixing which must be fix in upcoming release.

1. In Album tab, Please fix the album tracks order which were shown and played in alphabetical order! ( this problem was fixed once in earlier version but it has come back again)

2. In Artist tab, please group the albums by artist not the tracks which are also shown in alphabetical order!

3. In lock screen, the player doesn’t seem to be responsive as it should be.

4. Lastly, Apple musickit integration.

Best Regards.

Jul 29, 2017 at 3:32 PM Post #681 of 855
My bad, the no. 2 problem - which I mentioned earlier has a fix, in the new UI there’s an album mode icon, when activated then you will able to see albums by the Artists .. well, the alphabetical order of the tracks remains!

Jul 31, 2017 at 4:11 PM Post #682 of 855
LE: The happiness hasn't lasted. The music stopped after 1min of playing. Apple needs to fix this!
=======
I've got my Mojo and the Chord's case today. Super enthusiastic by the quality of sound, I am using it with a pair of (wired) B&W P5 and alternatively Audiotechnica ATH-M50.
I am keeping my DSD files stored on an iPhone 6S Plus running Kaisertone, connected to Mojo via Apple Lightning to USB 3.0 adapter: https://www.conrad.se/?websale8=conrad-swe&pi=1431336.
I don't experience the same interruptions as people are complaining about while using iOS 10.3.2. Did I've missed anything?

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2017 at 3:31 PM Post #684 of 855
LE: The happiness hasn't lasted. The music stopped after 1min of playing. Apple needs to fix this!
=======
I've got my Mojo and the Chord's case today. Super enthusiastic by the quality of sound, I am using it with a pair of (wired) B&W P5 and alternatively Audiotechnica ATH-M50.
I am keeping my DSD files stored on an iPhone 6S Plus running Kaisertone, connected to Mojo via Apple Lightning to USB 3.0 adapter: https://www.conrad.se/?websale8=conrad-swe&pi=1431336.
I don't experience the same interruptions as people are complaining about while using iOS 10.3.2. Did I've missed anything?

No, you've missed nothing - I haven't had interruptions/pauses with any fairly recent IOS versions, including 10.3.2 and now10.3.3. Also using Kaisertone as my main IOS player.

Besides using the USB3 CCK - firmware updated - and not moving the Mojo or iPhone - not sure what else to recommend and not sure why a few are experiencing this issue. I do find angling the Mojo so that the micro USB cable is pointing up helps ensure a reliable connection. Airplane mode def worth trying if persisting.

The confident, clear, musical "open window unto the performance" is what endears me to the Mojo and sets the bar for (a relatively) affordable DAC with incredible coherence, musical detail, overall balanced performance and believability....and low listener fatigue.

For me, exceptional!

Last edited:
Aug 22, 2017 at 1:04 PM Post #686 of 855
Hi guys I am new here, I tested a few apps based on previous posts and found that the SigmaTunes ST-1 and NePLAYER are both nice, I cant decide which one to use.
I think the consensus, if there is one, is either NePLAYER or KaiserTone. I have used both for years now and at this point would give the nod to KaiserTone. The key is system synergy so try both and see what you like the best.

Aug 22, 2017 at 7:10 PM Post #687 of 855
The key is system synergy so try both and see what you like the best.

Agreed. Nice to have options. Sometimes I just like the warm & smooth vibe of iAudioGate; most of the time I'm running KaiserTone. Roll those apps like tubes!

Aug 24, 2017 at 4:49 AM Post #689 of 855
Agreed. Nice to have options. Sometimes I just like the warm & smooth vibe of iAudioGate; most of the time I'm running KaiserTone. Roll those apps like tubes!
You know I never thought of it like that but you are absolutely right. I have stuck with my iPod Touch 6th/Chord Mojo feeding my Shure KSE1500 for 20 months because as I write this I am still utterly mesmerized by the sound. When I want to change the sound I just change the application.

Sep 6, 2017 at 9:32 PM Post #690 of 855
Wondering if anyone knows if iOS mobile foobar2000 is now bonafide playing hires material without resampling/downsampling to 44.1? I know it wasn't for a long time (even though a hires toggle was exposed in the UI). I guess I should just not be lazy and hook it up to the Mojo and see if the lights change but wanted to ask here first.

Also, does anything other than foobar2000 mobile (iOS) offer _both_ folder browsing _and_ crossfeed? With some dac/amp/hp combinations the, often unreal (as in spectacular), separation some players get (e.g. iAudiogate, Kaisertone, Hiby) is a bit much at times and I want a more speaker-like presentation. Thanks in advance...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back