Audiophile iOS audio player
Mar 8, 2017 at 2:09 AM Post #556 of 855
When I select the album view in Hiby I see a nice album cover view - the only problem is that they are ordered sequentially by album name. Any way, or option, to order them by artist name? The reason I ask is that the artist view does not show album covers - just a list of names. You need to drill in to see the actual album covers

Artist names will come with album covers in the next version. :)

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Mar 8, 2017 at 4:12 AM Post #557 of 855
Thanks for the reply.

Just to confirm we are on the same page - in the next version there will be the option, when in album view, to SORT either by artist name OR by album name?

Thanks

Mar 9, 2017 at 1:11 PM Post #558 of 855
Thanks for the reply.

Just to confirm we are on the same page - in the next version there will be the option, when in album view, to SORT either by artist name OR by album name?

Thanks

Er, I mean that in the Artists view, each artist in the list will come with a sample album cover from one of the artist's albums. You can tap on the artist to view a full list of his/her albums.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Mar 9, 2017 at 1:42 PM Post #559 of 855

Ok 

Perhaps you might consider what I suggested.  One of the nice things about the album view is that one sees the actual album covers (instead of in artist view where one sees just names).
It would be nice to have the option in album view, while still maintaining the album covers, to be able to sort by album name (or if one chooses artist name) - while still seeing full size album covers.

I use the Lumin app in my two channel setup - that is what I am referring to

Mar 23, 2017 at 3:26 AM Post #563 of 855
Most importantly, how does ST-1 sound in comparison to other apps you have used?

I bought the paid version of ST-1 and have been using it for a couple of weeks. So far it's the best combination of features and sound I've found on iOS. I found a bug with DSD256 playback and when I notified the developer he had it fixed and submitted back to Apple in 2 days. Sync to GDrive is a good bonus - I wasn't using GDrive for music at the time, but have since moved most of my tracks over to be able to sync remotely. 

I'm using Dragonfly Red for mobile which down samples everything over 24/96 - but I can verify that everything up to that is output at the proper sample rate. 

I feel like I've tried every music app in the app store and all of them have a fatal flaw somewhere. Some of them just sound terrible, others don't do wireless sync. Vox looks good until you find out it's $15 / mo to stream your own music; F2K won't output higher than 16/44(!); I tried Music Cloud but found that the sound quality was sub-par; Cloudbeats seemed to have an awkward UI.

TL;DR ST-1  FTW

Mar 24, 2017 at 1:20 PM Post #567 of 855
Mar 27, 2017 at 6:21 PM Post #569 of 855
I tried using ST1 and I think it sounds good but as for interface, I think it would be better if it had a 'scroll bar' at the side so I can scroll through my songs on a playlist. My playlists can get quite long  - a few hundred songs and I cant seem to scroll through them quickly enough to find the song I want.
Apart from that, its still a good app that sounds great. Seems like I'm still going to stick to Kaisertone for now, which to me has the best interface

Mar 27, 2017 at 11:51 PM Post #570 of 855
I tried using ST1 and I think it sounds good but as for interface, I think it would be better if it had a 'scroll bar' at the side so I can scroll through my songs on a playlist. My playlists can get quite long  - a few hundred songs and I cant seem to scroll through them quickly enough to find the song I want.

Apart from that, its still a good app that sounds great. Seems like I'm still going to stick to Kaisertone for now, which to me has the best interface

I just looked at Kaisertone after your above post, but it looks like the only way to get music into it is by physically connecting it to the PC. Does it support playing and syncing from Dropbox/GDrive or upnp/DLNA? If so it looks good, but I'm not sure it's worth $10 without it.

Why does Foobar mobile only support 16/44?!? It makes no sense...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back