Audiophile iOS audio player
Feb 3, 2017 at 7:14 AM Post #526 of 855
  [Mod Comment]

@daberti / @TimeLord - you two are in circular argument.  One likes IAG, one thinks its garbage.  You've each said your piece.  Now all you are doing is repeating, and its not doing the thread any good.  If you continue - I'll eject you.  Please stop.

Brooko: agreed on my side since the bottom line of my post in this early morning that's been deleted. More via PM :)

Feb 3, 2017 at 7:42 AM Post #528 of 855
I briefly tested Neutron out. It seems to already be able to retrieve FLAC files from my UpnP server.

In other posts I have seen users mention traveling on the road with a wireless hard disk drive containing their music files. Is an app like Neutron capable of pulling FLAC files off of a wireless drive?

I also saw someone mention this product

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B016ZWS9ZE/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_8?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A2KUZVNQ9LP7N9

And they used a standard portable HDD. Anyone with any experience?

Feb 3, 2017 at 8:01 AM Post #529 of 855
I briefly tested Neutron out. It seems to already be able to retrieve FLAC files from my UpnP server.

In other posts I have seen users mention traveling on the road with a wireless hard disk drive containing their music files. Is an app like Neutron capable of pulling FLAC files off of a wireless drive?

I also saw someone mention this product

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B016ZWS9ZE/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_8?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A2KUZVNQ9LP7N9

And they used a standard portable HDD. Anyone with any experience?

Ok. I've a Sandisk WiFi USB stick. If an access via home WiFi is granted to it, then I'd possibly be able to stream its music contents to my mobile phone (i.e.) entering the stick via WebDAV protocol.
AFAIK WebDAV normally requires a WiFi hotspot in between the WebDAV enabled device and the i.e. smartphone.
I'll reserve some more enquiry about that, though.
Simply put: I'm already able to stream from it to my PC, although the implementation on a smartphone (particularly iPhone) requires some more steps on developer's side.
I know Neutron so I can chime in only about that: Neutron connects to a wide lot of network related devices -not limiting to UpnP-, then it scans the dirs in that net devices where musical content are. You've added thus another source whose content are indexed and available to choose from your overall library (if net device is connected).

Feb 5, 2017 at 10:13 AM Post #530 of 855
Is that the only one?  Hiby seemed to work however UI is not that nice.

iAudiogate and Kaisertone a no go from UpnP?

Wonder how the UI is not nice? The Hiby staff seem mighty proud of their UI appearance at times :D , I'm sure they'd like to hear any UI appearance / functionality improvement suggestions from you though :)

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Feb 5, 2017 at 4:01 PM Post #531 of 855
Did I miss some feature mate?
I declare myself guilty I witness my appreciation about you steady improvements to your app (which I readily purchased downloaded)

I've just ended testing you app.
DSD256 is not supported (yet).
AFA the WebDAV protocol is concerned, it is not (yet) implemented. Tested against my own Sandisk Connect Wireless Stick.

No polemic here. Just matter for improvements.

Feb 16, 2017 at 10:09 AM Post #532 of 855
@Joe Bloggs I've been using Hiby for a couple of weeks now with iPhone 7Plus along with the included 3.5mm adapter and having an issue with the DSD iso playback. Whenever DSD is being played after some PCM file the volume is almost reduced to nothing. I have to remove the adapter each time this happens and replug it for the volume to return to normal. Could you please have your team look into this?

Other Hiby users - How is the battery usage of the Hiby? According to iOS battery usage stats it stands at 63% usage for 17 min on Screen and 1.3 hrs background at the moment.

Feb 16, 2017 at 4:13 PM Post #533 of 855
@Joe Bloggs I've been using Hiby for a couple of weeks now with iPhone 7Plus along with the included 3.5mm adapter and having an issue with the DSD iso playback. Whenever DSD is being played after some PCM file the volume is almost reduced to nothing. I have to remove the adapter each time this happens and replug it for the volume to return to normal. Could you please have your team look into this?

Other Hiby users - How is the battery usage of the Hiby? According to iOS battery usage stats it stands at 63% usage for 17 min on Screen and 1.3 hrs background at the moment.

Happy HibyMusic user here :)
And Please look above image about the battery usages (for last 7 days).

Feb 17, 2017 at 2:11 AM Post #534 of 855

Thanks for the heads-up, we are looking into this. As for the usage statistics, do let us know if this translates into significant battery drain for the device as a whole (in terms of actual standby / use time) rather than such relative per-app accounting statistics (which depends on how / if you use the phone in ways other than music)

:beerchug:
Joe

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Feb 17, 2017 at 7:34 AM Post #535 of 855
Thanks for the heads-up, we are looking into this. As for the usage statistics, do let us know if this translates into significant battery drain for the device as a whole (in terms of actual standby / use time) rather than such relative per-app accounting statistics (which depends on how / if you use the phone in ways other than music)

beerchug.gif

Joe

The drain only seems to stem from using Hiby. I have been using other apps both before and since the start of hiby usage without any significant drain. I'll continue to use this for another week or couple weeks and report back again to get a proper idea. There is one more thing that I like to report in now playing screen. Time Elapsed Playing Current Song and Total Playtime of Current Song are both showing as 30 + whatever their actual values are. This I have noticed on the android app too. As for the rest of UX it would be great if tab bar is at the bottom of the screen instead of the top(Plus size versions of iPhone make it somewhat difficult when reaching elements on the top part of the screen). It would be helpful if the search can also find albums in addition to songs and artists.

Happy HibyMusic user here
smily_headphones1.gif

And Please look above image about the battery usages (for last 7 days).

Are you using an iPhone 7/ 7 Plus? Are the reported stats with the apple 3.5 mm to lightning adapter or an external dac/amp

Feb 24, 2017 at 8:41 AM Post #536 of 855
The drain only seems to stem from using Hiby. I have been using other apps both before and since the start of hiby usage without any significant drain. I'll continue to use this for another week or couple weeks and report back again to get a proper idea. There is one more thing that I like to report in now playing screen. Time Elapsed Playing Current Song and Total Playtime of Current Song are both showing as 30 + whatever their actual values are. This I have noticed on the android app too. As for the rest of UX it would be great if tab bar is at the bottom of the screen instead of the top(Plus size versions of iPhone make it somewhat difficult when reaching elements on the top part of the screen). It would be helpful if the search can also find albums in addition to songs and artists.

Are you using an iPhone 7/ 7 Plus? Are the reported stats with the apple 3.5 mm to lightning adapter or an external dac/amp

Hi there, I'm using an iPhone 6s+ :wink:

You could try and figure out that anything the dev has fixed or not with the recently uploaded HibyMusic 3995 beta at bugly beta website.

Thanks.

Mar 2, 2017 at 12:31 PM Post #539 of 855
Just found quite nice player with parameteic eq, ST-1, I tried only free version so far, but it looks and sounds good. I will try it during weekend with Mojo and iSine 20.

Anyone tried this player?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back