Audiophile iOS audio player
Jan 14, 2017 at 7:54 AM Post #482 of 855
How about SQ? Usability and UI? Any feedback?

Well, I tried Foobar but I prefer HQ Player and JRiver in respective order, as far as audio quality is concerned.
The best in iOS realm IMHO is Kaisertone (very intuitive UI FWIW). Then Neutron.

Please bear in mind that my portable audio rig is pretty much peculiar: iPhone 6Plus->Lavricables lightning to mojo cable->Mojo->Silverdream Cable->Fostex HP-V1 hybrid amp->Custom Lavricable->Oppo PM3

Jan 14, 2017 at 9:09 AM Post #483 of 855
Well, I tried Foobar but I prefer HQ Player and JRiver in respective order, as far as audio quality is concerned.
The best in iOS realm IMHO is Kaisertone (very intuitive UI FWIW). Then Neutron.

Please bear in mind that my portable audio rig is pretty much peculiar: iPhone 6Plus->Lavricables lightning to mojo cable->Mojo->Silverdream Cable->Fostex HP-V1 hybrid amp->Custom Lavricable->Oppo PM3

Whats about Relisten and iAudiogate? thanks

Jan 14, 2017 at 12:50 PM Post #485 of 855
Whats about Relisten and iAudiogate? thanks

iAudioGate has huge problems with Mojo and DSD128. They know since the end of October and they did NOTHING so far. Besides this iAudioGate has support only up to 192K. Too shabby for the money they ask.
Relisten: if you mean the one from Neoduction it is 49.99€ (and offers less).

Jan 15, 2017 at 7:29 AM Post #488 of 855
I'm tired of the bugs hiby continues to have y'all. Relisten was okay but clips at high volume. After all is said and done, Iaudiogate and red dragonfly seems to be it.

I can agree to some extent in your case, as DF Red does NOT go Beyond 96/24 and iAudioGate can reach 192/24.
Yet iAudioGate would be a very limiting asset even with my own Oppo HA2 (original model), capable of 384/32 :wink:

Jan 15, 2017 at 9:52 AM Post #489 of 855
I can agree to some extent in your case, as DF Red does NOT go Beyond 96/24 and iAudioGate can reach 192/24.
Yet iAudioGate would be a very limiting asset even with my own Oppo HA2 (original model), capable of 384/32 :wink:

Not to say that 24/192 is not a limitation, but do you actually have content at 32/384? If so, where are you buying it from? Or are you upsampling everything?

Jan 15, 2017 at 10:54 AM Post #490 of 855
Not to say that 24/192 is not a limitation, but do you actually have content at 32/384? If so, where are you buying it from? Or are you upsampling everything?

I have many 352/24 HD Masters, i.e. Jazz at the Pawnshop (Live) - 2xHD Remaster, The Four Seasons (Cho-Liang Lin, Anthony Newman & Sejong) and the list could go on.
I've also many DSD256 (Antony Orthega; Arne Domnerus, Bengt Hallberg, Georg Riedel, Egil Johansen, Lars Erstrand; Cootie Williams; Joe Williams And Count Basie; The Josh Berman Trio Chicago Retro....).
Which would already be well beyond iAudioGate capabilities. Truth to be told it wouldn't even play DSD128 on my Mojo.

Then: when on the go every DSD is normally converted in advance by AUL 48x44 Converter to FLAC 32 (DSD64 to 88, DSD128 to 176, DSD256 to 352) to mantain the very same bitrate with quite another storage cost.
Normally I said, because if I see (or hear) some issues like clipping, background noise spurious frequencies etc after conversion to FLAC 32, I redo the conversion to AIFF 32 and edit with RX5 in 32Bit Float. Then I do need to hear the result either on my PC and on my portable audio rig. On the latest asset I can do that only with Kaisertone and Neutron. All of that either with Oppo HA2 or with Mojo.
With Kaisertone the chance is additionally given, when listening to DSD, to choose which DoP standard to use. 1.0 for Mojo, 1.1 for Oppo HA2.

Hope to have answered :)

Jan 15, 2017 at 8:41 PM Post #491 of 855

I have many 352/24 HD Masters, i.e. Jazz at the Pawnshop (Live) - 2xHD Remaster, The Four Seasons (Cho-Liang Lin, Anthony Newman & Sejong) and the list could go on.
I've also many DSD256 (Antony Orthega; Arne Domnerus, Bengt Hallberg, Georg Riedel, Egil Johansen, Lars Erstrand; Cootie Williams; Joe Williams And Count Basie; The Josh Berman Trio Chicago Retro....).
Which would already be well beyond iAudioGate capabilities. Truth to be told it wouldn't even play DSD128 on my Mojo.

Then: when on the go every DSD is normally converted in advance by AUL 48x44 Converter to FLAC 32 (DSD64 to 88, DSD128 to 176, DSD256 to 352) to mantain the very same bitrate with quite another storage cost.
Normally I said, because if I see (or hear) some issues like clipping, background noise spurious frequencies etc after conversion to FLAC 32, I redo the conversion to AIFF 32 and edit with RX5 in 32Bit Float. Then I do need to hear the result either on my PC and on my portable audio rig. On the latest asset I can do that only with Kaisertone and Neutron. All of that either with Oppo HA2 or with Mojo.
With Kaisertone the chance is additionally given, when listening to DSD, to choose which DoP standard to use. 1.0 for Mojo, 1.1 for Oppo HA2.

Hope to have answered :)

You definitely answered. Thanks for the thorough response. Ok, with Jazz and classical I can see now where you have resources. While I do listen to those genres, they do not make up the bulk of my collection. With other genres, it seems to be more difficult to get higher quality files.

I had been wondering what to convert my limited DSD files into when going to FLAC. So, I'll give your method a go.

Jan 16, 2017 at 1:20 PM Post #492 of 855

You definitely answered. Thanks for the thorough response. Ok, with Jazz and classical I can see now where you have resources. While I do listen to those genres, they do not make up the bulk of my collection. With other genres, it seems to be more difficult to get higher quality files.

I had been wondering what to convert my limited DSD files into when going to FLAC. So, I'll give your method a go.

I'm glad about having been useful to you :)

Jan 25, 2017 at 5:44 PM Post #493 of 855
Hiby Music wishes everyone a Happy Chinese New Year!

The HibyMusic app has been updated to Version 2.1.2 :) https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/hibymusic/id1048838844 The official list of changes compared to 2.1.1:
1. Added support for m3u and m3u8 playlist files;
2. Other apps on your phone (e.g. file browsers) can now play music using HibyMusic;
3. Improved speed and reliability of music library scanning;
4. Improved volume control handling in DoP mode
5. Fixed error on logoff from Baidu that prevented logging back in to Baidu Netdisk;
6. Miscellaneous bug fixes.

In particular we have been working hard to make the new iPod music scanning feature (sharing music with the stock iOS player) more useful and reliable :)

Happy listening!

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jan 26, 2017 at 5:33 AM Post #494 of 855
Hi Joe,

The 2.1.2 has cured the directly imported tracks and iPod library scanning possible together at last.

Congrats!

It's in a good shape now. Just carry on the great job.

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back