Audiophile iOS audio player
Oct 29, 2016 at 8:07 AM Post #241 of 855
  Today i got a new player to try.it is also sound phenomenal .it makes mp3 sounds like vinyl and free from any digital artifact.
Several option for this player starting from free to 14.99$ available depending on the feature.
Only specified bitrate are supported;for higher bitrate you have to buy whichever paid version suit  you.

I have given the free version of app.As it has some bug right now so play flac,mp3 and wav format only.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/k-music-player-hifi-audio/id1165952260?mt=8

What about DSD (DoP)?

Oct 29, 2016 at 8:14 AM Post #243 of 855

Thanks for helping to test, I have since reported as a bug to iAudioGate, they mentioned they have also received similar such bug reports before iPhone7 with iOS10. Not sure it could be iOS 10 or can be fixed on the app but please also email them so likely they can put it in their next fix.

Please PM to me their email and I'll do readily :)

Oct 29, 2016 at 9:45 AM Post #245 of 855
  Hi,

On using iAudioGate and Onkyo HF Player on an iOS 10.1 iPhone 7+ connected through a CCK to a Chord Mojo. Playing back DSD128 music tracks, I experience audio breaks/cut outs during play back at different times in the track. Usually it will happen, sometimes not. DSD64 tracks are fine though. This happens on both players, with no other apps running. Does anybody experience this issue on similar setup or even through an iPhone 6/6s/6s+/7?

Thanks and regards.

After a little bit of research I spotted this into Mojo manual "DSD playback is supported using the DoP Standard 1.0 with 0xFA / 0x05 markers.".
For those of us who don't know what this means here it is a detailed explaination.
Just to make the whole picture a little more understandable: DoP 0xFA / 0x05 markers mean that DSD 64 will be "wrapped" into a 176.4/24.
DSD128 will be similarly DoPpped via a 352.8/24.
But PCM files will be played by iAudioGate at 192/24 max.
So how the hell can be DSD128 played?

xryptic could you please check that iAudioGate outputs a white light on Mojo while playing DSD128 (as I don't wont to go again through the burden of reinstalling it) ?

Oct 29, 2016 at 10:00 AM Post #247 of 855

After a little bit of research I spotted this into Mojo manual "DSD playback is supported using the DoP Standard 1.0 with 0xFA / 0x05 markers.".
For those of us who don't know what this means here it is a detailed explaination.
Just to make the whole picture a little more understandable: DoP 0xFA / 0x05 markers mean that DSD 64 will be "wrapped" into a 176.4/24.
DSD128 will be similarly DoPpped via a 352.8/24.
But PCM files will be played by iAudioGate at 192/24 max.
So how the hell can be DSD128 played?

xryptic could you please check that iAudioGate outputs a white light on Mojo while playing DSD128 (as I don't wont to go again through the burden of reinstalling it) ?

Hey, yes it outputs the Mojo's "white" light representing DoP that always looks slightly white pinkish to me (I can never tell). As far as displays go on the Mojo it looks good. Hope its something fixable though.

Oct 29, 2016 at 10:05 AM Post #248 of 855

Purchased. I'll let this thread know.

i also bought the Ultimate one.So far really happy.
New app  has some glitches while playing aac files and many more.The developer try to fixes asap.Best selling music app in china.
But sound quality handsdown better than jriver and audirvana desktop setup.
The mastering quality music player hope you also like it.
Now i am thinking why good things come late.
rolleyes.gif

Oct 29, 2016 at 10:38 AM Post #249 of 855
I will stay away K Music Player  at all cost..It cannot even play the existing music in your apple music repository. You need to load the music in separately inside. And the preset euqalizer is not usable at all. When you scroll down it will freeze. I ask for refund on this app. Kasiertone and Neplayer is much more stable and usable.

1. When you click on the 1 button below the SET button it will bring you to the effect page..then the entire app will freeze.

Oct 29, 2016 at 11:09 AM Post #250 of 855
  I will stay away K Music Player  at all cost..It cannot even play the existing music in your apple music repository.  

When you click on the 1 button below the SET button it will bring you to the effect page..then the entire app will freeze.

The app is completely new and have some glitches.For me the press 1 does not hang the app.
Still you have 90 days of time, wait till then it will fixed as update is more frequent you can check version history.

Never fan of eq and itune library,

i have  following glitches.

1.M4A and AAC file cannot able to play.
2.Background playback issue in ultimate edition but in free version works ok.seems to be fixed in next update i think.
 Sometimes music play automatically in background.

Oct 29, 2016 at 12:53 PM Post #251 of 855
  The app is completely new and have some glitches.For me the press 1 does not hang the app.
Still you have 90 days of time, wait till then it will fixed as update is more frequent you can check version history.

Never fan of eq and itune library,

i have  following glitches.

1.M4A and AAC file cannot able to play.
2.Background playback issue in ultimate edition but in free version works ok.seems to be fixed in next update i think.
 Sometimes music play automatically in background.

After you press 1 it will bring you to the next page. try scrolling down and let me know if you can scroll up and down without causing the application to freeze or not.

Playing music stored in my apple iphone is the most basic feature (non DRM music), all the other apps can do this and this app cannot do it? What is the logic behind it?

To make matter worst this developer created multiple version of the same application.. now they even have K Music Player Master version.!!! So what is the different between ultimate and master version?

Oct 29, 2016 at 1:42 PM Post #252 of 855
  I will stay away K Music Player  at all cost..It cannot even play the existing music in your apple music repository. You need to load the music in separately inside. And the preset euqalizer is not usable at all. When you scroll down it will freeze. I ask for refund on this app. Kasiertone and Neplayer is much more stable and usable.

1. When you click on the 1 button below the SET button it will bring you to the effect page..then the entire app will freeze.

Ditto!!!

Oct 29, 2016 at 1:44 PM Post #253 of 855
  After you press 1 it will bring you to the next page. try scrolling down and let me know if you can scroll up and down without causing the application to freeze or not.

Playing music stored in my apple iphone is the most basic feature (non DRM music), all the other apps can do this and this app cannot do it? What is the logic behind it?

To make matter worst this developer created multiple version of the same application.. now they even have K Music Player Master version.!!! So what is the different between ultimate and master version?

I am able to scoll up and down perefectly;by the way i have iphone SE.

As the developer mainly focused on hi-res support ;thats why apple native music file access not included.

Yeah there are 4 version  really confusing at first.Some have do not support dsd,some are limited to 16 bit.

Regarding Master Vs Ultimate the only difference mentioned in the description is eq ;Ultimate has 16 EQ and Master has 512 EQ.But i do not know where the hell eq option is;i am not able to find it. 

Being a part of relisten player testing team;i can bet that k player algorithm is best.Though Relisten player also uses some restoration algorithm but i did not quite like them much.

Oct 29, 2016 at 4:21 PM Post #254 of 855
Has the developer ever heard of FLACTunes? It is a wonderful iMac application that automatically converts FLAC to ALAC and uploads the ALAC file into your iTunes library keeping the resolution and bit depth the same. When you say K Music Player concentrates on high resolution I chuckle as the minimum resolution for my music is redbook with over a third high resolution I use iTunes solely as a file management system and for that it is the best I have ever used.

Since K Music Player cannot play ALAC files it is useless to me.

Oct 29, 2016 at 8:43 PM Post #255 of 855
If the k music player is unable to play native music then i guess it is the only player in AppStore which unable to do this... I am using iPhone 7 plus and iPhone 6 Plus for testing of this app and both version also freeze ...

Relisten is worst as the price tag usd49 with poor respond from developer does not justify it.. it is overhype .

I just don't simply trust the feedback of reviewer in the forum in exchange of free software ... I buy every Single piece of app myself..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back