Audiophile iOS audio player
Jul 30, 2016 at 6:23 AM Post #151 of 855
I sugges you read what iTunes backup included thru this link

iTunes does not backup its own music as it is already in its own library.

I use video apps too and almost all of them have an option not to back up the video files when you do an iTunes sync and backup. Hence my question for Audio apps.

Jul 31, 2016 at 6:10 AM Post #152 of 855
See if you are using itune file sharing then it will not be backup.As it specific to an app.
If you use itune library then it will backup each time.
By the way apple itune library really sucks;i never use that.

Aug 4, 2016 at 12:39 PM Post #153 of 855
Guys today i tried another new audiophile player-HibyMusic.Its the only player whose partners are premium dap players like Questyle,shilong and many more.Check their officail website:-http://www.hiby.cd/index_en.aspx

Its just great sound. Neutral tone and it does not effect either of spectrum either mids or treble or bass.
Soundstage huge  like you are in concert .i bet no music player match its soundstage.
All in all its Musical with detailed ;instrument placement is also accurate .
Guys have a look into that.

Aug 4, 2016 at 12:58 PM Post #154 of 855
Guys today i tried another new audiophile player-HibyMusic.Its the only player whose partners are premium dap players like Questyle,shilong and many more.Check their officail website:-http://www.hiby.cd/index_en.aspx

Its just great sound. Neutral tone and it does not effect either of spectrum either mids or treble or bass.
Soundstage huge  like you are in concert .i bet no music player match its soundstage.
All in all its Musical with detailed ;instrument placement is also accurate .
Guys have a look into that.

I hate to be a wet blanket but I downloaded HibyMusic and downloaded 16/44.1, 16/48, 24/48 and 24/96 albums. Unfortunately, all albums, according to my Chord Mojo, outputted/downsampling at 16/.44.1.

Aug 4, 2016 at 10:51 PM Post #155 of 855
i have not tested with any external DAC by the way.
But its the player which head to head with  Audirvana ; which i used as primary music player in my mac.
Both have similar sound tuning and transparency.Now my search ends for  "Best music player".

Aug 5, 2016 at 3:47 AM Post #156 of 855
What a great thread this is, very useful indeed!

I'm about to buy an Oppo HA-2 to use with my iPhone and Beyerdynamic DT1350. I use FLAC, 16/44 through to 24/192, stored on a ReadyNAS for home and on a 500GB portable drive for mobile listening, which streams DLNA via its own WiFi, to iOS.

I've been using 8Player until I found this thread, so I'm aiming to try a few of these options.

I'm hoping to keep playing from DLNA, rather than transfer media to my iPhone itself, but I know some of these iOS apps don't support DLNA for media playback, eg I believe Onkyo HF doesn't.

I found a few references to NAS / DLNA in the thread but before I research it for every app, I thought I'd ask if anyone has that already documented? Which of these iOS apps support DLNA and which don't?

Aug 7, 2016 at 4:43 AM Post #157 of 855
Could someone with a Chord Mojo possibly test 8Player with some hires media, to confirm whether it outputs original bits or down converts? I like it for the DLNA functionality but don't have a strong opinion on SQ as I've not used with a DAC/AMP, so would be really good to get some opinions on that..

Aug 8, 2016 at 6:41 AM Post #158 of 855
Also, I am a little worried that iAudiogate does not seem to allow a bit perfect output. I am no technical expert but both the "buffer size" and "real-time conversion" whatever they do are controlled by the application and cannot be disabled.

just got my Chord Mojo and using it with iAudioGate 
smile.gif

if you set "Sample Rate" to "Auto" it will *not* up/downsample but just play track's native resolution
still can't get what "Buffer Size" does 
confused.gif

Aug 8, 2016 at 7:37 AM Post #159 of 855
just got my Chord Mojo and using it with iAudioGate :smile:

if you set "Sample Rate" to "Auto" it will *not* up/downsample but just play track's native resolution
still can't get what "Buffer Size" does :confused:  

Basically how much music is loaded into RAM.

MP3s and Redbook can probably be read from the flash storage at sufficient speed to play them. Higher res tracks may need to be read into into RAM first (buffered), which is faster than flash, to be played without glitches.

It will also depend on the age of your iOS device. New devices tend to have faster flash than older devices and therefore require less buffering. With older devices you may find that you need to set a larger buffer before higher res tracks will play properly.

Aug 12, 2016 at 1:39 AM Post #163 of 855
Careful with that Onkyo App... $10 bucks can also buy alot of koolaid.... It says on the Appstore... (and no where else? - how convenient!!!) 

"Audio with a sampling rate exceeding 88.2 kHz output via the iPod touch/IPhone/IPad headphone
  connection is downgraded to 44.1 kHz."

There are many out there who have drank the koolaid on this one and believe they are listening to DSD and 24bit files at
192kHz and 96kHz, etc... This unfortunately is not the case... Buyer Beware!!!!!  

Lolz, if they cannot hear the difference, why bothers? I personally can't distinguish them either.

Aug 12, 2016 at 4:30 AM Post #164 of 855
Lolz, if they cannot hear the difference, why bothers? I personally can't distinguish them either.

All iOS devices are limited to a maximum output via the headphone jack to 16/48.

In order to output greater than that you need three things. One, a high resolution music file stored on a third party application like Onkyo or NePLAYER. Two, an Apple Lightning to USB Camera Adapter (also know around these parts as a CCK Camera Kit). Finally a DAC that has a USB input and the ability to decode and play high resolution music files.

Aug 26, 2016 at 11:40 AM Post #165 of 855
  I've changed my mind before after first impressions, too. No shame in that.

I do still like iAudiogate best but have to give NePlayer more time. Note that for anyone who wants to try it NePlayer comes in a free version (NePlayer Lite), which allows you to cherry pick HiRes output formats as in-app purchases. For me, I just use it with the headphone output, so Lite is all I need.

Does NOT support DSD256 DoP. Does NOT go beyond 384. A bottleneck for Mojo (Mojo owner myself).
Neutron + Mojo run at expected sample rates here. 44 is 44. 88 is 88 and so on. But it has a weird GUI admittedly.
KaiserTone is my preferred currently for a GUI + performances settings overall evaluation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back