Audio Technicia ATH-SQ5
Jan 28, 2008 at 11:52 PM Post #16 of 62
I agree AnGeLiCbOrIs . I tried both and they both sound fantastic. The music that was on the AT when I was there was Jazz.

Feb 5, 2008 at 3:08 AM Post #18 of 62
Ordered mine on ebay seller from Japan for $90 shipped. Should be here Thursday or the latest Saturday. Anyone else get these?

Feb 5, 2008 at 4:10 AM Post #19 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by actorlife /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ordered mine on ebay seller from Japan for $90 shipped. Should be here Thursday or the latest Saturday. Anyone else get these?

Nope, but I'll be happy to hear your impressions.
wink.gif

Feb 9, 2008 at 8:26 PM Post #20 of 62
Got the Q5's yesterday and they sound great right out of the plastic box. Everything is so clear! Isolation is awesome!
eek.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
Time for burn-in...

Feb 10, 2008 at 12:29 AM Post #21 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by actorlife /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Got the Q5's yesterday and they sound great right out of the plastic box. Everything is so clear! Isolation is awesome!
eek.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
Time for burn-in...

Glad you're liking them so far. If you get the chance, I'd love to hear some post-burn-in comparisons with your other 'phones.

Feb 23, 2008 at 7:55 AM Post #22 of 62
I was at the audiocubes store in nyc today and the kind folks there allowed me to plug in the sq5s in my imod and tomahawk. I wasn't expecting much from the little cans but it was very good, it doesnt have killer details but it provides enough to be enjoyable, the bass is probably the strongest part of these headphoenst he way it impacts and spreads out is sweet. It clouds up the music but in a very musical way rather then a muddy way. The design of the headphones are very attractive, Ihave big ears and usually headphones of this size would crunch up on the side of my ears but these didnt. my only complaint is the short cable with extension, I never really enjoyed this type of cablign for any headphone but they are Very enjoyable headphones indeed but i wouldnt' call them hi-fi or anything. I'm thinking of grabbing a pair soon but probably gonna have them recabled since i'm not a big fan of the cable they have.

Feb 23, 2008 at 4:56 PM Post #23 of 62
Thanks for the impressions, rypin. Sounds like these are a notch below the ATH-ES7, which lessens my interest in them a bit...

Feb 25, 2008 at 3:44 PM Post #24 of 62
hi guys ... i am on the verge of getting on sq5 soon ... and wondering the popularity of whites and the blacks ones ... (probably getting either of the colors)

so my question is about the maintaining of the white ones ... does it get dirtied/stained easily after sometime of usage ? (does not have to be sq5 but other white headphones as well? )

since i have not much experience of owning any white devices/headphones/earphones ... i thought it would be best to seek advice/comments here ...

Feb 26, 2008 at 4:20 AM Post #25 of 62
I've got the black ones. The earcups are very shiny indeed, which means that finger marks show up very easily on the black ones. I would image this might be less noticeable on the white ones. Given they are so shiny, it should resist dirt/stains quite well. The headband is more of a satin finish. This might retain dirt/stains more easily on the white ones, as well as the white ear pads. However, nothing that a damp cloth and a bit of elbow grease shouldn't be able to fix
wink.gif

Cheers,
morkli.

PS: My first post on here
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 26, 2008 at 6:39 AM Post #26 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by iwantsilence /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hi guys ... i am on the verge of getting on sq5 soon ... and wondering the popularity of whites and the blacks ones ... (probably getting either of the colors)

so my question is about the maintaining of the white ones ... does it get dirtied/stained easily after sometime of usage ? (does not have to be sq5 but other white headphones as well? )

since i have not much experience of owning any white devices/headphones/earphones ... i thought it would be best to seek advice/comments here ...

the white pads and headband will for sure get dirtied easily, however if you take care of them and put them in a good case when not in use I dont see any reason why it wont stay in like new conditions... any headphone will be nice and clean if you take care of it =), i would say if you get the white ones go buy one of those headphone cases, I think audio technica has one tat will fit it for around 30 dollars. If its me though i would go for the black or black/red combo, although the red migh tbe too red.

Feb 26, 2008 at 10:31 AM Post #27 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by rypin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the white pads and headband will for sure get dirtied easily, however if you take care of them and put them in a good case when not in use I dont see any reason why it wont stay in like new conditions... any headphone will be nice and clean if you take care of it =), i would say if you get the white ones go buy one of those headphone cases, I think audio technica has one tat will fit it for around 30 dollars. If its me though i would go for the black or black/red combo, although the red migh tbe too red.

thanks rypin for the advices i am pretty convinced for a black one now ... hmmm black and red seems abit strange ? and u said u will rather go for a black one because its really cool or smth ?
biggrin.gif

Apr 16, 2008 at 2:52 PM Post #29 of 62
I really dig mine. They are good for any type of music. Check this video out:
Utada Hikaru - Heart Station(Let me know if you see anything familiar.
biggrin.gif
)
YouTube - Heart Station (English Cover)

Jul 1, 2008 at 7:56 PM Post #30 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by AnGeLiCbOrIs /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't know why audiocubes prices suddenly went through the roof ($129 for SQ5) but the SQ5 is available at Warehouse123.com for $69. (Plus ~$22 FedEx Express shipping to USA)

Got mine already, but price on Audiocubes seems way overpriced!
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back