Audio-Technica ATH-WP900
Nov 2, 2020 at 11:17 PM Post #556 of 1,365
Mine just arrived silver coated Litz with black connectors, looks great and the workmanship is sublime, Lindsay did an outstanding job and super easy to deal with even with all my indecision and newbie questions. Couldn't be happier with the work from Impact Audio. Also had a 4.4mm female to 6.3mm make adapter made which is beautiful will have a review on this with my JD labs Element-II next week when it arrives.
IMG_3836.jpg
Hmmm...that looks of nice quality, best I can tell. Looking forward to any impressions you care to share as you use it; i.e., ergonomics (flexibility), short term durability, etc. I think I'm softening on my stance to not spend above skinflint levels, hahahaha. What's funny is that before I left the hobby > 5 years ago, I spent PLENTY on things like cables. My reluctance to do so now is new for me.

Nov 2, 2020 at 11:32 PM Post #557 of 1,365
Hmmm...that looks of nice quality, best I can tell. Looking forward to any impressions you care to share as you use it; i.e., ergonomics (flexibility), short term durability, etc. I think I'm softening on my stance to not spend above skinflint levels, hahahaha. What's funny is that before I left the hobby > 5 years ago, I spent PLENTY on things like cables. My reluctance to do so now is new for me.
Firstly, the cable is super supple, not like my effect audio cables which are quite stiff, initial impressions it's really just opened up the soundstage and the mids are not so veiled. The build quality is outstanding. Lindsay pricing and customer service are nigh on perfect for what you get. Treble and bass are both more impactful and even though im only into 3 hours on the WD900 and about 6 on the NW ZX507 it's really a beautiful pairing

Nov 3, 2020 at 3:00 AM Post #558 of 1,365
Received my updated cable from Arctic Cables today. The connectors work this time! They look similar to the Impact Audio cable user JML posted.
I've only listened to like a dozens songs, but I can definitely hear some really nice improvements. This is the most I've ever spent on a cable - Totally worth it 😁
20201102_233048.jpg
20201102_232851.jpg

Nov 3, 2020 at 9:03 AM Post #559 of 1,365
I have been curious about these headphones for several months. I have been following them on Amazon.ca. The price has been dropping regularly over the last few months. It was $949.00Cdn, but now seems to be down to $790.00 at Amazon.ca and a stand alone shop where I buy 'phones. Since both have the same price I am wondering if Audio Technica is behind this price drop.

As we are so close to Christmas (Black Friday, Boxing Week, etc.) It will be interesting to see if they do any more drops.

I am still on the hunt for a great closed back and I am curious about AT's higher end stuff.

Nov 3, 2020 at 10:23 AM Post #560 of 1,365
I have been curious about these headphones for several months. I have been following them on Amazon.ca. The price has been dropping regularly over the last few months. It was $949.00Cdn, but now seems to be down to $790.00 at Amazon.ca and a stand alone shop where I buy 'phones. Since both have the same price I am wondering if Audio Technica is behind this price drop.

As we are so close to Christmas (Black Friday, Boxing Week, etc.) It will be interesting to see if they do any more drops.

I am still on the hunt for a great closed back and I am curious about AT's higher end stuff.

I've been watching them on Amazon in Canada, too. It's now back up to $949 Cdn, which seems really high.

Nov 3, 2020 at 10:27 AM Post #562 of 1,365
I've been watching them on Amazon in Canada, too. It's now back up to $949 Cdn, which seems really high.

You are correct and the same with my favourite store. That must have been an authorized AT sale.

Nov 3, 2020 at 12:01 PM Post #563 of 1,365
Firstly, the cable is super supple, not like my effect audio cables which are quite stiff, initial impressions it's really just opened up the soundstage and the mids are not so veiled. The build quality is outstanding. Lindsay pricing and customer service are nigh on perfect for what you get. Treble and bass are both more impactful and even though im only into 3 hours on the WD900 and about 6 on the NW ZX507 it's really a beautiful pairing
Nice.

Well, I went ahead and placed an order with Impact. I'm just after solid build quality and good ergonomics. Spent more than I initially intended since getting these cans in September, but hardly an exorbitant cable expense compared to what I've done in the distant past.

Nov 4, 2020 at 8:46 PM Post #564 of 1,365
@DCaudiophile daaaaang...your boy from Impact is on the job. Placed my order yesterday (Nov 3) morning, got a shipping notice this afternoon (Nov 4). Very responsive, communicative fella, too. If the cable build is as good as his responsiveness, I might buy new stuff just to get more cables from him.

Nov 4, 2020 at 9:45 PM Post #565 of 1,365
@DCaudiophile daaaaang...your boy from Impact is on the job. Placed my order yesterday (Nov 3) morning, got a shipping notice this afternoon (Nov 4). Very responsive, communicative fella, too. If the cable build is as good as his responsiveness, I might buy new stuff just to get more cables from him.
Yes hes a great guy to deal with i love my cable. I will definitely be buying more from Lindsay

Nov 5, 2020 at 1:01 PM Post #566 of 1,365
Lindsay is great to work with!

Nov 6, 2020 at 12:53 PM Post #567 of 1,365
For all the WP900 owners, please listen to this playlist. Deep Bass Sound Test Demo Enjoy!

BTW, playlist is not only BASS, it a great mix with good balance across all FREQ's

Listening from iPad Pro -> Mojo -> WP900 -> :L3000:

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2020 at 6:54 PM Post #568 of 1,365
For all the WP900 owners, please listen to this playlist. Deep Bass Sound Test Demo Enjoy!

BTW, playlist is not only BASS, it a great mix with good balance across all FREQ's

Listening from iPad Pro -> Mojo -> WP900 -> :L3000:
This is pretty awesome! Thanks for posting the link.

Nov 9, 2020 at 12:28 PM Post #569 of 1,365
Received my cable from Impact Audio this morning. Only have the time to snap a few crappy iPhone pics and hook it up to my DAP for a quick listen just to ensure it works (it does).

Packaged nicely for those that care about such things. Build appears impeccable, and I love the aesthetics even if it doesn't really match with the look of the WP900 (but I knew that going in). You can see the shiny part of the connector at the hp housing, but connection is solid.

IMG_1045.jpegIMG_1046.jpegIMG_1047.jpegIMG_1048.jpeg

Nov 9, 2020 at 2:50 PM Post #570 of 1,365
Received my cable from Impact Audio this morning. Only have the time to snap a few crappy iPhone pics and hook it up to my DAP for a quick listen just to ensure it works (it does).

Packaged nicely for those that care about such things. Build appears impeccable, and I love the aesthetics even if it doesn't really match with the look of the WP900 (but I knew that going in). You can see the shiny part of the connector at the hp housing, but connection is solid.

IMG_1045.jpegIMG_1046.jpegIMG_1047.jpegIMG_1048.jpeg
They look really pretty, indeed. From the pictures alone, you can tell that the braiding was professionally done. Nice!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back