Audio-Technica ATH-WP900
Jan 31, 2024 at 4:18 PM Post #1,351 of 1,365
Last edited:
Feb 21, 2024 at 1:29 PM Post #1,352 of 1,365
Started using dekoni elite sheepskin akg k371 pads on my wp900. They are oval, thick, narrow, and tall. Increased mid bass impact and reduced low treble glare. Smoother and more authoritive sound. Still great dynamics and vertical extension.

20240221_132020.jpg

20240221_131848.jpg

Mar 11, 2024 at 12:01 AM Post #1,353 of 1,365
lol my baby just turned 1 year old so it's not helping my hobby funds. That's why I'm "only" upgrading from Denon D2000 to either WP900 or Elegia. Next tier up will have to wait. But it's really awesome that you have a friend that own a store, making it easier to try everything.
I had quadruplets 24 years ago. That halted my hobby for a while too. 😆

Mar 26, 2024 at 9:39 AM Post #1,355 of 1,365
I just received my ATH-WP900 and really love the look. I love how light it feels too!
I also purchased a fiio BTR-7 for bluetooth use with my phone.

I plan to purchase dekoni elite sheepskin pads down the line.
@povidlo
How easy was it to put the AKG K371 pads on it, I am surprised those fit it.
Hey Miffy!

Welcome to head-fi and congrats on your first post!

Although the pad shape of k371 pads is a little different than wp900's cups shape, they were very easy to swap in and stay on well. I think the different shape factor plays an important aspect in different tonality output.

With btr7 and stock pads, wp900 might come off a little too bright and thin. Very good for like jazz. But if you do feel like you want to make wp900 sound a little thicker, these elite sheepskin dekoni pads I'm using might be a good option for you to try out.

Best of luck in your audiophile adventure!

Mar 26, 2024 at 9:57 AM Post #1,356 of 1,365
Hey Miffy!

Welcome to head-fi and congrats on your first post!

Although the pad shape of k371 pads is a little different than wp900's cups shape, they were very easy to swap in and stay on well. I think the different shape factor plays an important aspect in different tonality output.

With btr7 and stock pads, wp900 might come off a little too bright and thin. Very good for like jazz. But if you do feel like you want to make wp900 sound a little thicker, these elite sheepskin dekoni pads I'm using might be a good option for you to try out.

Best of luck in your audiophile adventure!
Thank you so much! I think I will go for the Dekoni elite Sheepskin for K371 then.

Mar 26, 2024 at 10:26 AM Post #1,357 of 1,365
Thank you so much! I think I will go for the Dekoni elite Sheepskin for K371 then.
Alright, cool! Please do make sure to drop a note in this thread regarding your experience.

Mar 26, 2024 at 2:47 PM Post #1,361 of 1,365
I got you a special treat! I just took a photo of the wood grain up close!

Really cool how AT got Fujigen a Guitar manufacturer to work on the wood!
1000011951.jpg
Beautiful close-up, thank you! Yes, that decision worked for them for sure -- I have some open-back Audio Technica's (R70x, A900X) that I think are also elegant looking, but no wood-cupped AT's yet, and these are just FABULOUS.

What do you think of the sound so far?

Mar 26, 2024 at 2:56 PM Post #1,362 of 1,365
Beautiful close-up, thank you! Yes, that decision worked for them for sure -- I have some open-back Audio Technica's (R70x, A900X) that I think are also elegant looking, but no wood-cupped AT's yet, and these are just FABULOUS.

What do you think of the sound so far?
The sound is really fantastic, this is the first headphone I've ever gotten that's wood and has 53mm driver size.
The driver is also angled which provide some extra sound staging, while it's not as big as R70x since it's an open back. There is more isolation in exchange.

I've played guitar rock, Vaporware, Funk, Jazz and it sounds brilliant. The bass definitely has a nice presence.
If you ever get to listen to them, the wooden experience is gonna be unique.

It has some decent/good passive noise isolation for walking around. I imagine with certain pads it might be really good.

My favorite things over my previous Bluetooth sets I had are that no batteries, motherboard, PCB. Not disposable with replaceable cables.

One more thing is that it is pretty light at 253 grams. There is quite a bit of space for my ears which is very nice. The Earpads hang over my ear and it is not touching the driver.

Mar 26, 2024 at 4:48 PM Post #1,363 of 1,365
Also I wanted to drop these images in here.
1000011919.jpg
1000011918.jpg
Lol slightly off topic, was the first pic taken with portrait mode or HDR or something.

My phone can display HDR and it's like omg so bright even when my screen is turned down. :joy:

Not really a complaint but more like...... amused lol.

Also my wife really likes Miffy too, good choice!

Mar 26, 2024 at 5:20 PM Post #1,364 of 1,365
Lol slightly off topic, was the first pic taken with portrait mode or HDR or something.

My phone can display HDR and it's like omg so bright even when my screen is turned down. :joy:

Yep I got the Samsung S24+ so it has that new Ultra HDR feature built in to the camera.

Also I am glad your wife likes Miffy too!

Funny you mention, my wife also has loved it as well, she got me hooked after she mentioned that I was her long lost bunny when we first met.

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2024 at 6:07 PM Post #1,365 of 1,365

Also more HDR since I am feeling a bit evil. This one is taken outside in direct sunlight.

1000011970.jpg

1000011972.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back