Audio Technica ATH-W5000 headphones
Mar 4, 2010 at 9:21 AM Post #61 of 304
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackmore /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Joining the club, finally I did it, cant wait to put them on, beautiful and very good sounding headphones. Was holding back way to long, but just yesterday, again, my lovely wife started to make an argument about the sound leakage, cos I was using PortaPro's, not even talking about K1000, where I said, well, I need another pair, but closed back, you know that? And her reaction was, get one then! So, I listened to her and bought directly after, am I a good husband? Think I am. So guys, my advise to you all, buy K1000 and after a while you will be getting anything you want, but than with full approval, totally legal, puff, great.
ksc75smile.gif

I quit the W5000 club to join the K1000 one. I'm now looking forward to getting back in the W5000 club as well but the JH13/Twag cable/custom Blue Circle SBH amp affair kind of gotten in the way.
tongue.gif

Mar 4, 2010 at 8:46 PM Post #63 of 304
From your impressions I feel how much you enjoy them and thats, at least to me, the most important thing. I never had them for longer run, but from pretty short audition I really liked them, will try to report more after a while
wink.gif

Mar 20, 2010 at 8:51 PM Post #65 of 304
Listen to my W5000 from my simple portable rig right now, man, I love them, Anjunabeats vol.6 mixed by Above&Beyond sounds freaking great, more to come...
ksc75smile.gif

Mar 20, 2010 at 8:54 PM Post #66 of 304
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackmore /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Listen to my W5000 from my simple portable rig right now, man, I love them, Anjunabeats vol.6 mixed by Above&Beyond sounds freaking great, more to come...
ksc75smile.gif

What portable you are using? I can't find one that do W5000 justice,

Mar 21, 2010 at 7:07 AM Post #67 of 304
I am using GoVibe Magnum, not particular refind for analitycal listening, but the sound is full and musical plus low end is simply great. Waiting for Headstage Arrow, will be interesting to compare these two.
I found this combo on the warm side, where you have to compromise with less clarity, extention/detail and maybe soundstaging, by getting a pretty musical, I would even say balanced, sound instead.
Dont take my impressions like they been based on comparison between lots of differ portable amps, but after trying almost every genre without expirience any irritation than I can call this combo a good match.

What amps have you tried so far?

Quote:

Originally Posted by jc9394 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What portable you are using? I can't find one that do W5000 justice,

Mar 21, 2010 at 12:27 PM Post #68 of 304
hope you guys don't mind me asking this question here, i'm relatively new to audio...

if i like the ESW10, will i like the W5000? should i even compare these 2 in the first place??

confused.gif

Mar 21, 2010 at 5:02 PM Post #69 of 304
Yes, you will.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hollowman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hope you guys don't mind me asking this question here, i'm relatively new to audio...

if i like the ESW10, will i like the W5000? should i even compare these 2 in the first place??

confused.gif

Mar 21, 2010 at 8:33 PM Post #70 of 304
I have the Arrow, I will try it later. So far I tried almost all of RSA and Headamp's amp, I like SR-71A and AE2 but both are not really portable.

Not like W5000 is portable headphone at all, that is one of the reason I gave up trying portable amps.

Mar 21, 2010 at 9:07 PM Post #72 of 304
I had my W5000 balanced with Black Dragon. It really sounds great with the Apache.

In the balanced mode, its more energetic and the bass is stronger.

Mar 21, 2010 at 9:09 PM Post #73 of 304
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bones13 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I had my W5000 balanced with Black Dragon. It really sounds great with the Apache.

In the balanced mode, its more energetic and the bass is stronger.

Is the HD800 worth the extra 400 over the W5000?

Mar 21, 2010 at 9:29 PM Post #74 of 304
Thanks man, good to know, cos will save me lots of money by trying some others. Not sure if you would think the same, but I believe that Magnum is a reall stellar, its compromise between musicality and enough refinemend, for a portable one, which to me is a very nice performer. Actually, Petite have the same basic sound sig as Magnum, but only without gain choice, so, he will make a good match as well, especillay for such low resale value, imo. I am not going upgrade to my home amp for W5000 in short time, someday I may do, but not now. Thats why I am talking about some portable amps solution at the moment.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jc9394 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have the Arrow, I will try it later. So far I tried almost all of RSA and Headamp's amp, I like SR-71A and AE2 but both are not really portable.

Not like W5000 is portable headphone at all, that is one of the reason I gave up trying portable amps.

I got my, shipped from US>EU, under USD600, but not new. Dont think you can get it new for such low price, however if you look around long enough, you may get lucky
wink.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by kool bubba ice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
are the W5000 still selling for 600 new?

Mar 21, 2010 at 9:34 PM Post #75 of 304
Its like BLACK&WHITE, sort off, they are way differ, however cant tell more, cos never compare them directly, but do believe you can love/hate them for their own performance.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kool bubba ice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is the HD800 worth the extra 400 over the W5000?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back