Audio Technica ATH-W5000 headphones
Mar 1, 2010 at 9:02 AM Post #47 of 304
It was a clearance sale price and yes, I was very happy with it. The price has since increased to $999.00 USD at the same dealer, with new stock to arrive in a few weeks time.

Mar 2, 2010 at 6:32 PM Post #51 of 304
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aslan123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It looks like the HA5000 is still available on Price Japan for $1,230 US + Shipping.

I have never heard the HA5000, but I have a Yamamoto HA-02 and it pairs up very nicely with the W5000. It costs $995 US Shipping included through Venus Hifi.

PriceJapan is going to cost me $1337 USD to buy the 100V version of the AT-HA5000 headphone amplifier from Japan. I got to save up my money.

Mar 2, 2010 at 6:46 PM Post #52 of 304
From the review of it, it sounds sort of like a full-size version of the ESW10JPN which I enjoy a lot. Has anyone here tried both? As my ESW10JPN is mostly used at home anyway I wouldn't mind replacing it with W5000 if it's close enough in sound signature + Bigger soundstage.

Mar 2, 2010 at 8:13 PM Post #53 of 304
Quote:

Originally Posted by K_19 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
From the review of it, it sounds sort of like a full-size version of the ESW10JPN which I enjoy a lot. Has anyone here tried both? As my ESW10JPN is mostly used at home anyway I wouldn't mind replacing it with W5000 if it's close enough in sound signature + Bigger soundstage.

I've owned both and can't think of any way except cosmetics in which they are similar. Very very different cans IMO.

Mar 2, 2010 at 8:22 PM Post #54 of 304
Quote:

Originally Posted by Headphony /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've owned both and can't think of any way except cosmetics in which they are similar. Very very different cans IMO.

Good to know. Thanks.

Mar 2, 2010 at 10:59 PM Post #56 of 304
Congrats on your purchase, Welly. I remember not too long ago you had sought our advice as to whether or not to make this purchase, and I'm happy to see that it has met or exceeded your expectations. I need to give my W5000's more head time and expect to do so relatively soon. I've recently bought a pair of W1000X and am interested to see how they will compare with my other AT cans, especially the W5000.

I agree that the AT-HA5000 and W5000 make for a stunning visual combo and would love to have a chance to audition the HA5000 some day. The current price actually seems quite reasonable. I was thinking it would cost more like $1,500, but perhaps I'm remembering it back in the days when the US wasn't quite as strong as it is now. (Not that it's terribly strong now.) I think this combo would make for an outstanding office rig with a low profile half-rack width CD player. Or any CD player that you could tuck away, leaving only the HA5000 and W5000 in view.

Mar 3, 2010 at 2:30 PM Post #58 of 304
Quote:

Originally Posted by Welly Wu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
PriceJapan is going to cost me $1337 USD to buy the 100V version of the AT-HA5000 headphone amplifier from Japan. I got to save up my money.

Find a used one if you are not in a hurry, once a while one will surface. It took me almost a year to find one but it is worth it. If I knew the W5000/HA5000 combo is this good, I probably get it new.

Mar 3, 2010 at 3:50 PM Post #59 of 304
Quote:

Originally Posted by jc9394 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Find a used one if you are not in a hurry, once a while one will surface. It took me almost a year to find one but it is worth it. If I knew the W5000/HA5000 combo is this good, I probably get it new.

I prefer buying a new AT-HA5000, but I will get a used one if possible.

Mar 4, 2010 at 9:18 AM Post #60 of 304
Joining the club, finally I did it, cant wait to put them on, beautiful and very good sounding headphones. Was holding back way to long, but just yesterday, again, my lovely wife started to make an argument about the sound leakage, cos I was using PortaPro's, not even talking about K1000, where I said, well, I need another pair, but closed back, you know that? And her reaction was, get one then! So, I listened to her and bought directly after, am I a good husband? Think I am. So guys, my advise to you all, buy K1000 and after a while you will be getting anything you want, but than with full approval, totally legal, puff, great.
ksc75smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back