Audio Technica ATH-SJ55 vs Denon DN-HP 500 vs Allen & Heath Xone XD40 (are these all the same cans can anyone explain the differences?)
Jul 29, 2011 at 1:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Ciaran Van Don

Head-Fier
Hi I was looking for a good portable solution for listening with my ipod, I have read "lJokers" portable shootout thread and various other portable headphone threads but I can not find substantial information on these 3 cans above.  I have a pair of AKG K518 at the moment which I use as my on the go solution but I was looking for something with a little more clarity, tighter bass, forward more prominant mids and smooth highs and something a little faster paced cleaner etc.  I listen to mainly electronica, trance and techno etc  I have a fiio e5 which can be used but I would appreciate any information on the above headphones as they intrigue me the most and from the respective companies they come from I expect they might be very good ?!!  Any help or info would be greatly appreciated.  My budget is sub 100 pounds thanks :)

Jul 31, 2011 at 3:14 AM Post #3 of 5
I guess this thread is officially dead, will have to buy all 3 and trade which ones I don't like, see how that goes!  So much for the world of info on headfi "sigh"  
confused_face_2.gif

Aug 11, 2011 at 6:08 PM Post #5 of 5

Quote:
Hi I was looking for a good portable solution for listening with my ipod, I have read "lJokers" portable shootout thread and various other portable headphone threads but I can not find substantial information on these 3 cans above.  I have a pair of AKG K518 at the moment which I use as my on the go solution but I was looking for something with a little more clarity, tighter bass, forward more prominant mids and smooth highs and something a little faster paced cleaner etc.  I listen to mainly electronica, trance and techno etc  I have a fiio e5 which can be used but I would appreciate any information on the above headphones as they intrigue me the most and from the respective companies they come from I expect they might be very good ?!!  Any help or info would be greatly appreciated.  My budget is sub 100 pounds thanks :)

Try the Pioneer HDJ500.. I posted a recommend on em and you can read the post here..Absolute beast for electronica trance dub anything with Bass actually.. Thread..
http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/529144/buying-headphones-seeking-guidance-don-t-start-a-new-thread-ask-for-advice-here/6045

Its the one with the pic on it.. If you want that club sound in your head what better than to us a DJ portable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back