Audio Technica ATH-PRO700MK2 review - Take two subwoofers...straight to the head.
Dec 1, 2012 at 8:28 PM Post #752 of 906
Well, they're close to the size of the M50s, which I used to comfortably wear in public. The cup size is smaller than the M50s, but the headband doesn't contour around you head as good as the M50s do. If the M50s' headband is U shaped (upside down), then the Pro700mkII's headband would be ( shaped (rotate). With that said, there is a pretty good gap between the headband length adjustment area and your head. 

Dec 2, 2012 at 4:17 PM Post #754 of 906
If only they had the same headband style (close to the head) like the VModa M-80/M-100...for my taste they look very bulky/akward on baldies or low fade hair styles (like me)

Dec 2, 2012 at 7:16 PM Post #755 of 906
I just don't like it when headphones stick out that much. I personally think it looks a little bit silly.
Would anybody mind posting a picture of them wearing them from the front? I would really appreciate it.

Dec 2, 2012 at 7:55 PM Post #756 of 906
Quote:
how long do they take to burn in ? mine sound muddy i   used them for about 20 hours

Well, I can't help you there because I have done some physical modifications to mine the first day I got them, and those instantly change the sound characteristics of the headphones. Heck, I don't even think that burn-in is guaranteed to make the headphones sound better. There's simply too many variables to conclude if burn-in exists or not, and I really don't want to go on a typing spree trying to explain that. Just enjoy listening to your headphones 
dt880smile.png

Quote:
If only they had the same headband style (close to the head) like the VModa M-80/M-100...for my taste they look very bulky/akward on baldies or low fade hair styles (like me)

I'm thinking about what else I could to to mod my headphones...I could swap out the headband from my M50s and put it on the Pros. I don't have a soldering iron on me though (to solder the headphone wires on the drivers). Someday I might do it, but I'm more interested in purchasing the AD900/A900x (I know they're different headphones), and swapping out the drivers in them with the Pro700mkII's. They all have the same physical driver, but they're just tweaked differently, and I'm curious what they will sound like in different enclosures. 

Dec 10, 2012 at 10:16 PM Post #758 of 906
Quote:
I heard that you could solve the earpad problem by sticking a few cotton balls inside the stock pads.

That's only for the DT250/M50 earpads. The M50 pads doesn't really need it because the lips are longer, but adding cotton will give it some more bass and improve comfort, so why not? The gel earpads won't be secured by cotton below. You'll need to have something around the earpads to secure it to the headphone, like what I did to mine. 

Dec 14, 2012 at 7:06 PM Post #760 of 906
Quote:
These aren't as bassy as everyone says, I have a FiiO E11 hooked up to these and then they become monsters, but stock they are nothing to brag about.

I have to agree with this. To get the bass I want, I have to turn up the bass on my E11 to 2, that's something I didn't have to do with my other basshead cans.

Dec 15, 2012 at 2:20 PM Post #761 of 906
Quote:
I have to agree with this. To get the bass I want, I have to turn up the bass on my E11 to 2, that's something I didn't have to do with my other basshead cans.

Yeah, I also have to turn the bass boost up to a 2, and it kinda sucks that you need an amp at al times for them to preform as expected

Dec 15, 2012 at 4:55 PM Post #762 of 906
Quote:
Yeah, I also have to turn the bass boost up to a 2, and it kinda sucks that you need an amp at al times for them to preform as expected

What about EQ-ing with your DAP? I'm sure you can get some decent bass quantity levels by boosting the low-end with a good EQ.

The PRO700MK2 is a really good basshead can in that it retains its punchy, clear bass even when boosted with an amp/EQ. Try switching the stock pads with M50 pads. The bass quantity will increase a bit.

Dec 15, 2012 at 5:11 PM Post #763 of 906
Quote:

What about EQ-ing with your DAP? I'm sure you can get some decent bass quantity levels by boosting the low-end with a good EQ.

The PRO700MK2 is a really good basshead can in that it retains its punchy, clear bass even when boosted with an amp/EQ. Try switching the stock pads with M50 pads. The bass quantity will increase a bit.

I have the m50 pads but for the best bass it can produce you should get an amp, I never use these without one. I don't use any EQ at all by the way

Dec 15, 2012 at 5:25 PM Post #764 of 906
Quote:
I have the m50 pads but for the best bass it can produce you should get an amp, I never use these without one. I don't use any EQ at all by the way

What player are you using the PRO700MK2 with? For me, my primary DAPs are my Cowon Z2 and iPod Touch. With both, I usually set the EQ for bass boost. This probably adds about ~5db of bass quantity which greatly helps in bringing the PRO700MK2 to life.

If you feel that the E11 is a tad too big for you, try the ZO2.3. It's really small, but it manages to boost the bass to huge levels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back