Audio-Technica ATH-AD2000 Discussion (and Appreciation) Thread!
Mar 17, 2012 at 8:23 PM Post #256 of 873

Quote:
Indeed. I took a leap of faith with the T1 and ended up selling it. I would definitely like to audition the HD800 before buying. For now I will stick with just the AD2000 for home use with very little complaint. :)

W3000? ~ easily my favorite AT at the moment.

Mar 18, 2012 at 5:41 AM Post #259 of 873
I think I've found a good way of phat padding these (for me at least). I used the same sweater material as before, only this time made one side thicker for the "angled driver" effect. This more or less keeps the frequency balance intact, i.e. no boosted treble or sucked out bass. I'm hearing a wider soundstage (and perhaps more coherent), but at the same time slightly more forward sound. Actually it sounds a tad more like a closed headphone now, a bit less airy. The huge step up in comfort might outweigh that though. I could now probably wear these for an indefinite amount of hours without any discomfort. Decisions...

Mar 20, 2012 at 11:16 AM Post #260 of 873
I've been wearing these for hours at a time with no issues. I often wear headphones to sleep, to be honest. Volume fairly low, of course. Can make for some interesting dreams when the music I have on enters the dream.

My ears touching the driver still makes things less comfortable than I would like but does not cause any major DIScomfort. Thus, there is not that much room for complaint.

What ear pads provide a better seal than the stock ones? I would be interested in hearing how they might change things up a bit. Thanks.

Mar 20, 2012 at 7:16 PM Post #261 of 873

Quote:
I've been wearing these for hours at a time with no issues. I often wear headphones to sleep, to be honest. Volume fairly low, of course. Can make for some interesting dreams when the music I have on enters the dream.

I'm curious as how you prevent yourself from rolling over in your sleep and possibly crushing the headphones. I can't imagine trying to wear the AD2000's to sleep because of their slightly delicate construction.

Mar 20, 2012 at 7:31 PM Post #262 of 873
the AD2000 is an itch i've wanted to scratch for years.  i think my sonic priorities and musical tastes jive with Asr's and other AD2000 fanbois that it's worth a blind purchase.  

i've lived with the K702 for years now and i'm getting tired of the love/hate relationship i have with it.  i love almost everything about the Grado house sound and forward presentation, but found the treble to be harsh over the long haul.  seems like the AD2000 may be the ticket.  the ESP-950 is also on the radar, but i'd rather not get sucked down the expensive stat rabbit hole right now.  

AccessoryJack seems legit?  how is AT customer service and product support?   

Mar 20, 2012 at 7:36 PM Post #263 of 873

Quote:

AccessoryJack seems legit?  how is AT customer service and product support?   

AccessoryJack is definitely legit, had only positive experiences with them. I wouldn't know anything about AT customer service in the US; here in Australia I asked the local distributor see about fixing a pair of AT's and they lost them, finally giving me a full credit for them several months later. (A bit irksome but hey they did not have a local warranty and I was credited back more than I paid for them.) 

Mar 20, 2012 at 7:43 PM Post #264 of 873

Quote:
I'm curious as how you prevent yourself from rolling over in your sleep and possibly crushing the headphones. I can't imagine trying to wear the AD2000's to sleep because of their slightly delicate construction.

I do not do anything in particular to prevent myself from rolling over. I just don't. As far as I know, I do not really move around much when I sleep. I did the same when I had the T1, Q701, and other headphones. :D

Mar 20, 2012 at 7:49 PM Post #265 of 873

Quote:
I do not do anything in particular to prevent myself from rolling over. I just don't. As far as I know, I do not really move around much when I sleep. I did the same when I had the T1, Q701, and other headphones. :D

Well, thats pretty awesome. Still I hope you do not wake up one morning to find 3D wing pieces all over your pillow. :[

AD2000 dreams would admittedly be very awesome.

Mar 20, 2012 at 8:47 PM Post #266 of 873
I do lie in bed quite often with my headphones on, even plastic STAX, but never managed to fall asleep. Too much excitement!

Mar 20, 2012 at 10:46 PM Post #267 of 873

Quote:

Well, thats pretty awesome. Still I hope you do not wake up one morning to find 3D wing pieces all over your pillow. :[

AD2000 dreams would admittedly be very awesome.

I am not too worried about it. And if it happens then I deserved it. AD2000 dreams will be more awesome when my Gilmore Lite + DPS arrives. The iPhone gets the job done, but I have doubt that that is as good as it gets.

Quote:
I do lie in bed quite often with my headphones on, even plastic STAX, but never managed to fall asleep. Too much excitement!

I'm a pro at falling asleep doing anything. I can listen for hours while I am alert, but I often go in with the intent of falling asleep with the headphones on and music playing.

Mar 20, 2012 at 11:47 PM Post #268 of 873

Quote:
AccessoryJack is definitely legit, had only positive experiences with them. I wouldn't know anything about AT customer service in the US; here in Australia I asked the local distributor see about fixing a pair of AT's and they lost them, finally giving me a full credit for them several months later. (A bit irksome but hey they did not have a local warranty and I was credited back more than I paid for them.) 

thanks!

Mar 21, 2012 at 10:11 PM Post #269 of 873
pulled the trigger. 

Mar 21, 2012 at 10:28 PM Post #270 of 873
Have fun with it! Tell us what you think too, the K702 is a nice contrast against them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back