audio-technica ATH-A2000X
Jan 22, 2009 at 10:11 PM Post #77 of 399
Quote:

Originally Posted by jjo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, I finally ordered a pair. Can't wait to get them.

I am looking forward to your first impressions.
Mine were delivered in the Netherlands after 4 days. Then they stayed another 4 days at Schiphol (Amsterdam) airport. I hope Helsinki is quicker.
They needed an approximately 100 hours burn-in time. Since then they are only sounding better.

Regards

Jan 23, 2009 at 8:51 PM Post #79 of 399
Quote:

Originally Posted by nauxolo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How are these compared to the AD900? A lot of what you mentioned seems similar... the lack of warmness, detailed, not strong bass... good for classical

I never mentioned the lack of warmness. The ATH-A2000X does not add extra warmness. That’s correct. And I like it.
Headphones must only reproduce the sound of the studio or concert hall. I know, that’s impossible, but we can try.
I am now listening to the second symphony of Sibelius, recorded in the Sibelius Hall in Lahti (Finland).

So I have a question for Janne. Is there much wood in that hall? My headphones say so.

Regards

P.S. I never heard the AD900. So I can't answer the question.

Jan 23, 2009 at 9:00 PM Post #80 of 399
Quote:

Originally Posted by Artmon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am now listening to the second symphony of Sibelius, recorded in the Sibelius Hall in Lahti (Finland).

So I have a question for Janne. Is there much wood in that hall? My headphones say so.

Regards

Sibelius hall.

Jan 24, 2009 at 9:09 AM Post #81 of 399
Quote:

I never mentioned the lack of warmness. The ATH-A2000X does not add extra warmness. That’s correct. And I like it.

I so wish I had them already.

Quote:

you kind of got your answer already, but I can confirm, yes there is. I visited it a couple of times, but I'm kinda ashamed to admit it that even though I lived in the same city, I've never been to a concert there
frown.gif
That might be something I need to fix at some point.

Jan 25, 2009 at 1:56 PM Post #82 of 399
Now I’m listening to a live radio concert via internet. I never did that before. I use the USB connection on my MF X-CAN V8. Again: I’m very content with the results. The ATH-2000X isn’t disappointing me!

Feb 3, 2009 at 2:41 PM Post #86 of 399
Got the headphones today \o/

They're beautiful, but I don't like the fit. They feel kinda loose and it is not because my head is small, it isn't. Still I don't think I liked the fit on my ath-w1000s at first so I hope it'll get better.

I'm listening to them on my work computer now and they do sound very promising. Now I can't wait to try them with a proper source and amp.

Feb 3, 2009 at 3:24 PM Post #87 of 399
What do you think of the pads?

Better or worse than the artificial leather pads from W1k?

Feb 3, 2009 at 3:41 PM Post #88 of 399
Quote:

Originally Posted by tk3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What do you think of the pads?

Better or worse than the artificial leather pads from W1k?

I like these pads better. They fit around my ear better and this Clarino feels nice.

Feb 3, 2009 at 3:54 PM Post #89 of 399
Neat.

This is one of the phones that I want to try, but price is too high (+ possible customs) to just do a trial.
I'm curious how they stack up to the older greats, like L3000 and Wxx series.

I've been waiting to score a set of the pads, but they still aren't for sale anywhere.

Feb 3, 2009 at 6:00 PM Post #90 of 399
The phones have the same cup and suspension style as the W5000, right? How easy to get these to seal well, apart from the actual pads? How easy to get a seal on the W1000 compared to the A2000X?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back