Audio-Technica Announces Revised ART Monitor Series, New Open Headphones
Nov 29, 2011 at 10:01 PM Post #91 of 113
Any updates on the ATH-A900X, and how they sound compared to the ATH-A700/900, ATH-AD700/900, etc.?

Nov 30, 2011 at 12:12 PM Post #93 of 113

Quote:
Any updates on the ATH-A900X, and how they sound compared to the ATH-A700/900, ATH-AD700/900, etc.?

Well compared to my ATH-A700 they sound a little "clearer" and it seems more distinctive between highs and lows. I haven't done a side by side comparison but today or tomorrow i'll try to listen to the same exact songs and video games with both. Btw I only use my headphones with my PC with a Asus STX sound card.

The feel of them is kinda hard to get used to compared to the A700. The way they sit on my head makes me feel they are drooping down too much but I think it was designed that way. The cushion are much better quality. They fit a little more snug which for me is a good thing. I can try to get some side by side pictures compared to my A700 to do the explaining since I lack the knowledge on the actual song quality.

Nov 30, 2011 at 2:27 PM Post #94 of 113
  Lookie what I got this morning!
My initial impressions. Very clean high end clarity,  I have nothing that sounds as clean as these. I am surprised at the very full balance these phones have. The bass has opened up a bit since I started playing music on them since this morning. At first I was concerned because the bass sounded reserved to me on open box .

It is all smiles so far. I can tell these have some refinements that are working well for the sound. The bass is extended and layered well.  It is more of a neutral sound with great extension on both ends. But then again playing heavier bass end tracks. These just threw a huge smile on my face!! Money well spent.!  These have not a thing in the sound signature that is lacking or recessed. Everything sound crystal clear to me. Highs, mids, bass all smooth and full with a clean glass like clarity. Much like my WS55 when a track calls for heavier bass, the bass comes out to play. When a track calls for precision and clarity. That is what you get. Oh man these are awesome guys!

Pros, 1) New pleather cushy pads
         2) Comfy
         3) Looks awesome in all black
         4) Clean clear sound, supremely balanced and smooth.
         5) Wide stage for closed but you guys would have guessed that already
         6) A high end AT sound with Bass! Oh man what can I say... Awesome!
         7) As smooth as they sound now I can see these getting better with burn in.
         8) Great value for this sound for sure! I wonder just how much more you get sound wise with these compared to their signature high ends..

Cons 1) These will probably sell for cheaper when they release them in the states
         2) Needs some serious burn in.

Will check back in about a weeks worth of burn.. I am very impressed.  Malveaux. Katun, Santa says these are the ones to get this Christmas. I will give these a hearty Dsnuts thumbs up!! Oh man the bass is opening up! Oh Yay! These are sounding better and better as I listen to them.

Nov 30, 2011 at 7:42 PM Post #95 of 113

Quote:
  Lookie what I got this morning!
My initial impressions. Very clean high end clarity,  I have nothing that sounds as clean as these. I am surprised at the very full balance these phones have. The bass has opened up a bit since I started playing music on them since this morning. At first I was concerned because the bass sounded reserved to me on open box .

It is all smiles so far. I can tell these have some refinements that are working well for the sound. The bass is extended and layered well.  It is more of a neutral sound with great extension on both ends. But then again playing heavier bass end tracks. These just threw a huge smile on my face!! Money well spent.!  These have not a thing in the sound signature that is lacking or recessed. Everything sound crystal clear to me. Highs, mids, bass all smooth and full with a clean glass like clarity. Much like my WS55 when a track calls for heavier bass, the bass comes out to play. When a track calls for precision and clarity. That is what you get. Oh man these are awesome guys!

Pros, 1) New pleather cushy pads
         2) Comfy
         3) Looks awesome in all black
         4) Clean clear sound, supremely balanced and smooth.
         5) Wide stage for closed but you guys would have guessed that already
         6) A high end AT sound with Bass! Oh man what can I say... Awesome!
         7) As smooth as they sound now I can see these getting better with burn in.
         8) Great value for this sound for sure! I wonder just how much more you get sound wise with these compared to their signature high ends..

Cons 1) These will probably sell for cheaper when they release them in the states
         2) Needs some serious burn in.

Will check back in about a weeks worth of burn.. I am very impressed.  Malveaux. Katun, Santa says these are the ones to get this Christmas. I will give these a hearty Dsnuts thumbs up!! Oh man the bass is opening up! Oh Yay! These are sounding better and better as I listen to them.

Very nice. Does the pleather on the pads seem like it is more durable than what's on the A700s? Within just a couple of months the pleather-like layer on my ATH-A700's earpads had practically completely worn off to show the soft fabric pads under it.

Nov 30, 2011 at 8:14 PM Post #96 of 113
The pads will last longer than the vinyl type material that was on the A700. That being said I wish they used leather instead. I suppose they had to cut corners a bit.

Well I am using these for BF3.. I think I just found my perfect gaming cans. WOW. These are off the hook accurate.!

Nov 30, 2011 at 10:36 PM Post #97 of 113
Here's a side by side comparison with my A700. Overall these seem to be a good upgrade over the A700. Only thing I am kinda disappointed is that it was mentioned they should feel lighter but they seem to be around the same weight, maybe even heavier but that might just be a placebo effect from the casing being metal. Maybe they meant 700>700x, 900>900x. At least the better pads are much better

Nov 30, 2011 at 11:09 PM Post #98 of 113
Well they certainly look nice. 
biggrin.gif

Dec 1, 2011 at 2:33 PM Post #101 of 113

Quote:
Any info on tad500 yet?
There are some positive reviews on japanese internets.
Hope someone gets it :) 

I was thinking of buy this for my brother since they are only $75-80 bucks but i'm holding out if they end up selling revised AD700s or AD900s. I just don't feel safe buying these since they have the fabric pads

Dec 2, 2011 at 7:59 AM Post #102 of 113
I'd buy tad500, but apparently they leak too much sound (almost like ms1/grado).
But maybe it's just a very good jp>eng translation??? We need some reviews.
a500x looks nice too, I wonder how do they compare to a900x...

Dec 5, 2011 at 3:54 AM Post #103 of 113
Anybody have the ATH-A500X?? I'd love to see a review on them
biggrin.gif

Dec 12, 2011 at 6:36 AM Post #104 of 113
I've found a little bit info about the new cans... 
• Each model I tried to listen to!

"A500X" ... as a headphone 10,000 yen or less I think the highest level of sound quality.Bright and crisp sound quality than previous models POPS system has us doing a coursefrom any source.

"A700X" ... I have been interested but how much of a difference between the 500X, there were also clear differences compared to hearing. Lot of information missing in the high range will be better, especially considering the model that best recommended balance ofprice and performance.

"A900X" ... truly, have been introduced in this apparent difference in the amount of information there and a sense of scale and superlative model, let us close to the sound quality seems almost A1000X. If you draw more potential driven by an authenticheadphone amplifier.
(Comment by same)
So if I got it right from the translation:
a700x have better highs than a500x
a900x are very close to a1000x
clarity scales through the line

Here comes some links with a lot of photos if someone interested:
ATH-a500x/a700x/a900x photos
ATH-TADxxx photos
Boxes and packaging

Dec 12, 2011 at 6:53 AM Post #105 of 113
Waiting on a TAD700, if its an improved AD700. I HATED the wings. A new one without wings = instabuy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back