Audio-gd USB-32 Firmware, Drivers, and Feedback Thread
Aug 20, 2014 at 1:24 PM Post #347 of 646
  I'm installing new Windows OS (8.1) to my new computer. Because of that, I checked Audio gd web site for the newest drivers for my NFB-15.32 DAC amp bought at the end of 2013. I noticed that there is a new tool which allows me to upgrade device firmware. Originally, I used USB32 V2.0 drivers. I downloaded http://www.audio-gd.com/USB32firmware2014.rar file. I understand how to use the tool, but I'm confused which firmware is the latest and the best for my NFB 15.32. In the mentioned rar archive are several firmware files:

Firmware 11.dfu
Firmware 9-3.dfu
FW2014v3forDI.dfu
FW2014v7forDAC.dfu
FW2014v9_1forDAC32bit.BIN
FW2014v9forDAC32bit.BIN
FW2014v9forDI24bit.BIN

I haven't found any description for these firmware files. Which one I should use? FW2014v9forDAC32bit.BIN? What is difference between FW2014v9forDAC32bit.BIN and FW2014v9_1forDAC32bit.BIN? What about other firmware files? Also I guess that with the latest firmware I should use latest drivers, it means USB32 v3, correct?

Thanks for clarification.

it's FW2014v9_1forDAC32bit.BIN  or FW2014v9forDAC32bit.BIN       I think that king-wa created the _1 version to correct a problem there was while pausing music reproduction in DSD(or something like that), so I recomened you to install the newest firmware for your 32bit DAC FW2014v9_1forDAC32bit.BIN.

Then you have to install the newest driver, I don't remember which one it is. But if you flash your DAC with older firmwares, getting the correct driver is more troublesome.

Sep 2, 2014 at 5:20 PM Post #349 of 646
Hey all

Posting here as I could use some assistance!

I bought A NFB-15 (2014 - May-Aug Revision) today and have had some serious issues with the drivers. I am running everything of my Asus laptop (Windows 8.1).

I started off by installing the latest version of the drivers from Audio-GD's website and was met by a series of BSODs and audio skipping problems. Then I worked out that I needed the older drivers so I uninstalled the newer drivers and installed the USB32 driver 2014 ones. Everything seemed fine after that until I had switched off and unplugged the NFB-15 and then tried to use my Foobar with my Fiio E18. Some tracks started behaving weirdly (playing a few seconds then skipping to the next track). For some reason tracks encoded in flac had far more problems than mp3, although a few of those had the same issue. I then tested the same tracks in Pot Player to rule out Foobar being fubar'd but the problem persisted.

Thinking that perhaps the original (latest version) drivers might still be hanging around in the system I then did a system restore back to before I installed any Audio-GD drivers. Same thing happens! Again, the odd thing is that the same tracks that skipped before still do so while others are fine. I'm now worried that the Audio-GD drivers have borked my USB controller or something equally unpleasant. I really hope this isn't the case :frowning2:

I looked through this thread but didn't notice this problem being mentioned. I'm pretty new to SPDIF / USB audio and so would appreciate any assistance I can get.

Much obliged!

Sep 3, 2014 at 2:27 AM Post #350 of 646

The AGD USB 32 is a bit tricky IMO. You should put the buffer length up in Foobar and try all the different driver protocol: ASIO, Wasapi, KS etc.

Sep 3, 2014 at 4:09 AM Post #351 of 646
"Tricky" is putting it mildly. Shockingly amateurish would be more accurate.

I'm taking it back to the store today to get some help with it. My bigger worry is that I'll have to a fresh windows install just to get rid of the problem.

Thanks for the advice though.

Sep 3, 2014 at 6:23 PM Post #352 of 646
  Hey all

Posting here as I could use some assistance!

I bought A NFB-15 (2014 - May-Aug Revision) today and have had some serious issues with the drivers. I am running everything of my Asus laptop (Windows 8.1).

I started off by installing the latest version of the drivers from Audio-GD's website and was met by a series of BSODs and audio skipping problems. Then I worked out that I needed the older drivers so I uninstalled the newer drivers and installed the USB32 driver 2014 ones. Everything seemed fine after that until I had switched off and unplugged the NFB-15 and then tried to use my Foobar with my Fiio E18. Some tracks started behaving weirdly (playing a few seconds then skipping to the next track). For some reason tracks encoded in flac had far more problems than mp3, although a few of those had the same issue. I then tested the same tracks in Pot Player to rule out Foobar being fubar'd but the problem persisted.

Thinking that perhaps the original (latest version) drivers might still be hanging around in the system I then did a system restore back to before I installed any Audio-GD drivers. Same thing happens! Again, the odd thing is that the same tracks that skipped before still do so while others are fine. I'm now worried that the Audio-GD drivers have borked my USB controller or something equally unpleasant. I really hope this isn't the case :frowning2:

I looked through this thread but didn't notice this problem being mentioned. I'm pretty new to SPDIF / USB audio and so would appreciate any assistance I can get.

Much obliged!

Sounds like you have the wrong firmware? There are firmware and driver compatibility issues so you must have the right firmware for the drivers.

Once in a blue moon if you BSOD or corrupt something, you might have to reinstall the driver to correct some playback issues, but usually turning the DAC on and off and a system restart should fix it.

Sep 3, 2014 at 11:18 PM Post #353 of 646
Sounds like you have the wrong firmware? There are firmware and driver compatibility issues so you must have the right firmware for the drivers.

Yep, you were right. Had to reflash the firmware and reinstall the drivers. The track skipping seems to have gone as well now, so everything is back to normal. Phew!

Sep 5, 2014 at 8:44 AM Post #354 of 646
DI V3

I upgrade the firmware (Audio-gdUSB32FWversion1.rar) and installed the drivers (Audio-gdUSB32driverversion1.rar)

No issues and unlike the previous firmware upgrade (which I had to roll back as it sounded dreadful) this sounds better. More detail, more space.

Sep 5, 2014 at 7:43 PM Post #355 of 646
  DI V3

I upgrade the firmware (Audio-gdUSB32FWversion1.rar) and installed the drivers (Audio-gdUSB32driverversion1.rar)

No issues and unlike the previous firmware upgrade (which I had to roll back as it sounded dreadful) this sounds better. More detail, more space.

Hi, I also rolled back the drivers as I felt the sound was too edgy on the treble, lost warmth I was used too.. Would you mind clarifying the difference with new upgrade vs prior. Thanks...

Sep 9, 2014 at 1:54 AM Post #356 of 646
Just order a DI 2014 Usb converter from Kingwa, waiting for receiving next week.

I don't know whether I have to update new firmware? Or the new DI already updated?
Anybody here already got DI 2014 please share your review. Hope it can beat other conveters .

Btw, yesterday nite still access www.audio-gd.com, today can not. Anybody having same problem?

Sep 9, 2014 at 6:27 AM Post #357 of 646
Just order a DI 2014 Usb converter from Kingwa, waiting for receiving next week.

I don't know whether I have to update new firmware? Or the new DI already updated?
Anybody here already got DI 2014 please share your review. Hope it can beat other conveters .

Btw, yesterday nite still access www.audio-gd.com, today can not. Anybody having same problem?

same trouble, maybe they are updating something really interesting :))
and im also waiting for my di2014 next week, should be the same batch with yours ^__^
i believe they always update the firmware to latest one, so we can use newest driver :D

Sep 17, 2014 at 11:01 PM Post #358 of 646
​Originally Posted by nick77 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote:
  DI V3

Hi, I also rolled back the drivers as I felt the sound was too edgy on the treble, lost warmth I was used too.. Would you mind clarifying the difference with new upgrade vs prior. Thanks...

Being a bit impatient I thought that I would give the new firmware a try for my DI-V3 from early 2013.  The Audio-gd link to  http://www.audio-gd.com/USB32firmware2014.rar did not work.  So based on hawkhead's post I tried http://www.audio-gd.com/Audio-gdUSB32FWversion1.rar and that worked providing a September 12th file.  Once uncompressed  there was a file 'USB32_FW_version1_forDI.bin' (August 11, 2014) along with others for DACs, instructions and the install tool.

It installed without issue on my old PC, and I think it does sound a little better when listening on my Mac Mini 2011.  Strings and ambient sounds seem a bit clearer, and the spacial image is bit more defined.  Not to sure about other frequency range details like bass definition or magnitude, mid range strength and clarity seems similar with possibly a bit more clarity.  I think I would need to A-B the DI-V3 with the two firmware to be sure, but I won't try that.  I don't sense an edgy sound or a loss in warmth though.  Good luck if you try!

Sep 18, 2014 at 10:16 AM Post #359 of 646
Hi! I'm new to this forum, and i'm here really just bc of the AGD products, as mr Kingwas following in my home country of Norway has'nt relly grown to a decent size yet.
I have however had a Master 7 dac for some time (almost a year) and i've loved it all along.
Lately tho, i've run into some issues; mainly that after a pc-system format and reinstalling win7x64, the 32 bit option for playback has disappeared from the selection menu in windows, on the asio panel and the envy panel. I've tried many different firmwares, drivers etc and it's just gone..please help me get my 32-bit playback on track again!  Oh, and i've read this entire thread as well as some other threads on AGD, to no avail already..
In advance; thank you all for your time :) -Pete-

Sep 18, 2014 at 5:38 PM Post #360 of 646
  Hi! I'm new to this forum, and i'm here really just bc of the AGD products, as mr Kingwas following in my home country of Norway has'nt relly grown to a decent size yet.
I have however had a Master 7 dac for some time (almost a year) and i've loved it all along.
Lately tho, i've run into some issues; mainly that after a pc-system format and reinstalling win7x64, the 32 bit option for playback has disappeared from the selection menu in windows, on the asio panel and the envy panel. I've tried many different firmwares, drivers etc and it's just gone..please help me get my 32-bit playback on track again!  Oh, and i've read this entire thread as well as some other threads on AGD, to no avail already..
In advance; thank you all for your time :) -Pete-

i think in the newest firmware, they have forced all music up-sampled to 32bit if you play music via usb input, so maybe just remove that option??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back