Audio-gd Reference 1 DAC (56 K warning)
Sep 10, 2009 at 8:23 PM Post #1,522 of 2,441
Quote:

Originally Posted by tim3320070 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am certainly the skeptic concerning cables and burn-in but either I am one of the lemmings jumping over the cliff or I can really hear better sound from the AGD gear (amps in particular) after about a week+ of constant use- based on the C-2C, Ref-1 and FBI-500..

Whoa. Ref-1 and FBI-500... and CAST cables I presume? I envy you man.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tosehee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In any rate, maybe I should look into Ref3, but then it's still limited to 16/44.1. What's the point of having this when the Ref1 does resampling and have a good jitter correction? You are basically doing the job in Ref3 instead of Ref1. seems like a same thing to me.

To me too. If Ref-3's USB could asynchronously do 24/192 like that Musiland toy, or at least 24/96 - this would be the thing to get. Only... you would need Ref-1 no more - DAC-9mk3 would be enough.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandchak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Its good to know that you find improvements with REF3 in the chain as it helps me to finally go for it even though I have no space left on my desk top and I am getting quite sick of everything black ! Thanks Curra.

I do have shiny silver CA DacMagic which, when placed vertically, uses very little space... want to trade for Ref-1?
icon10.gif

Sep 10, 2009 at 8:31 PM Post #1,523 of 2,441
Ref-3 seems like a product for non-ref1 users. Ref1 already has DSP-1 which should be similar to DSP-3 that Ref3 uses. I don't think it has much benefit to Ref1 user if not at all.

Sep 10, 2009 at 8:47 PM Post #1,524 of 2,441
Quote:

Ref-3 seems like a product for non-ref1 users. Ref1 already has DSP-1 which should be similar to DSP-3 that Ref3 uses. I don't think it has much benefit to Ref1 user if not at all.

HiQ USB input (alas without hibit/hifreq capabilities), optical input, two RCA/BNC coax inputs... How many times have we seen people in this thread ask KingWa to add USB/toslink/anotherCoax/switchThis/switchThat to their Ref-1 orders? This box could have been just the answer to most of such wishes.

Could have been... (for me) it fell short on USB capabilities.

Sep 10, 2009 at 8:56 PM Post #1,525 of 2,441
Quote:

Originally Posted by FauDrei /img/forum/go_quote.gif
HiQ USB input (alas without hibit/hifreq capabilities), optical input, two RCA/BNC coax inputs... How many times have we seen people in this thread ask KingWa to add USB/toslink/anotherCoax/switchThis/switchThat to their Ref-1 orders? This box could have been just the answer to most of such wishes.

Could have been... (for me) it fell short on USB capabilities.

You can ask Kingwa to add optical input if you need/want. I guess you can get more inputs if you do need/want. but seems like at a hefty price for it.

Sep 10, 2009 at 9:05 PM Post #1,526 of 2,441
Quote:

Originally Posted by FauDrei /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Whoa. Ref-1 and FBI-500... and CAST cables I presume? I envy you man.

To me too. If Ref-3's USB could asynchronously do 24/192 like that Musiland toy, or at least 24/96 - this would be the thing to get. Only... you would need Ref-1 no more - DAC-9mk3 would be enough.

I do have shiny silver CA DacMagic which, when placed vertically, uses very little space... want to trade for Ref-1?
icon10.gif

REF1 can be turned vertically also
icon10.gif

Sep 10, 2009 at 9:21 PM Post #1,527 of 2,441
Quote:

You can ask Kingwa to add optical input if you need/want. I guess you can get more inputs if you do need/want. but seems like at a hefty price for it.

I know, but I do not need/want another RCA, BNC or optical input.

I would really, really need/want high quality asynchronous USB input with at least 24/96 capability. This way would an ordinary laptop be a worthy transport and there would be no need for expensive transporters and/or 25 kg CD players.

Ref-1 deserves something like this. Even in the form of additional $550 Ref-3, if integration is not possible.

Sep 10, 2009 at 9:57 PM Post #1,530 of 2,441
Ñïàñèáî, õîðîøàÿ ñòàòüÿ. Ïîäïèñàëñÿ.

--------------------------------

Àäìèíþ ñàéòû:

Âñå ìóçûêàëüíûå íîâèíêè - ñêà÷àòü ìóçûêó áåñïëàòíî

Ëó÷øåå êèíî - íîâèíêè êèíîïðîêàòà

Ñàìûé íîâûé ñîôò - íîâûå ïðîãðàììû è ñîôò

Ñòðîèòåëüñòâî íåäâèæèìîñòè - çàãîðîäíûå êîòòåäæè

Âñ¸ î àâòîìîáèëÿõ - àâòî è ðåìîíò

Îáçîðû íîóòáóêîâ - ñîâåòû ïî âûáîðó íîóòáóêîâ

Çàãîðîäíàÿ íåäâèæèìîñòü - îñîáíÿêè

Users who are viewing this thread