Audio-gd Phoenix balanced headphone amp.
Sep 21, 2011 at 2:56 PM Post #3,318 of 3,352
Master 6 seems to be perfect "Phoenix II" for HE-6.  Has anyone get M6 yet?  
popcorn.gif

Oct 10, 2011 at 10:11 AM Post #3,322 of 3,352
Received mine today and i just love it so far. Started out testing it as a preamp quick to see if it worked, well that turned into 2 hours of listening till i remembered i also needed to listen to the T1's. Sounded really good single ended but they didn't stay that way long and i reterminated them quickly which is just amazing i have to make sure i don't trip over my jaw when i stand up again 
beyersmile.png

I'll post more impression's later but now it's time for music, it's hard to type a coherent post when the music just keeps demanding attention....

Oct 18, 2011 at 6:39 AM Post #3,323 of 3,352
I finally got around to something I'd been meaning to do for a while: Make the data cable shorter.  While at the local electronics store, I found some serial-to-RJ45 adaptors, which made me ponder whether or not the data cable used all 9 pins or fewer. If fewer, I knew I could use the adaptor with a spare ethernet cable. Usefully, the data socket is on a separate board, making it dead easy to check what pins are being used. The result is: pin 7 isn't, so I could use the adaptors.  Now I can have a data cable as long as I like which I can connect and disconnect easily.

Oct 18, 2011 at 11:28 AM Post #3,324 of 3,352
You could also solder one together with some DB-9 connector's and cable but i guess this works too and no DIY required 
biggrin.gif

This amp is really something else, have had it turned on pretty much since i got it and the sound has just gotten better and better. The changes it goes through during burn in are quite noticeable and i have to agree with what has been said before in this thread about the various phases of burn in. Think it was Peete that pretty much nailed it in that regard. However i'm not going to describe what it sounds like because well, it has all been said before in this thread and the review's and i agree 100%.

Wouldn't mind a nice balanced dac to go with it though, i mean the NFB-2 is nice but i think i can hear it's limitation's now. So i guess i should consider something like the NFB-1WM or the NFB-8, Kingwa said that the upgrade from the NFB-2 with RCA to the NFB-1wm with ACSS was bigger then going from the NFB-1 to the NFB-8. So that's something to consider but going with the NFB-1 i would probably be left wondering and maybe get the upgrade itch down the road....

Oct 19, 2011 at 9:30 AM Post #3,327 of 3,352

Quote:
You could also solder one together with some DB-9 connector's and cable but i guess this works too and no DIY required 
biggrin.gif

No soldering required for these, as the pins just push in to the back of the DB9 socket.

Oct 26, 2011 at 7:20 AM Post #3,329 of 3,352
Any review on Master-5 or Master-6 soon? I would like to see if its has great improvement, and how's the synergy with HD800, which out of the 3 go best with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back