Audio-gd Phoenix balanced headphone amp.
Jul 28, 2009 at 9:10 PM Post #1,801 of 3,352
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Jones /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Got my Phoenix yesterday,functions beautifully.Thanks for all the help along the way.Over all I'm very pleased with the final outcome and feel Kingwa really came through for me.It was a long journey that I'm happy to put behind me. I never figured out why I couldn't get the first Phoenix to function.Turns out it worked right out of the box at it's next stop.
But it's all about the music now.

Glad to hear you've got a working replacement Bob
smily_headphones1.gif

Did anyone find out what the issue was with the first one (out of curiosity) ?

Peete.

PS Mine runs warm but I wouldn't call it hot (compared to a big class A SS amp). Then again my ambient room never climbs above 74F....I suppose if I had no AC and the room temp was in the 80's I might have a slightly different view on this but the heat generated by the Phoenix isn't excessive ( compared to tube amps and other stuff I own). IMO at least.

Jul 28, 2009 at 10:10 PM Post #1,804 of 3,352
I lived in a house that was built in 1852 in the 90's (5 minute walk from work which was nice) and it had central air installed without much trouble.

Peete.

Jul 28, 2009 at 10:26 PM Post #1,806 of 3,352
Quote:

Originally Posted by IPodPJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If I lived in a house and had a full Class A speaker rig, there would be no way I could go without central A/C -- not here in southern California anyway.

I did fine without central A/C for a few weeks.
wink.gif

Jul 29, 2009 at 12:25 AM Post #1,809 of 3,352
Quote:

When I get the Ref1 you should come over with your K1000 and new amp so we can have a listening session.

When's your Ref1 coming?

My K1000 wouldn't get here till this Thursday and the Stingray wouldn't get here from Canada till at least next Friday. So at the moment, I don't have an amp or headphone to listen to.
angry_face.gif

Jul 29, 2009 at 1:03 AM Post #1,810 of 3,352
Yes, my house is 154 years old an central AC would be easy enough except it's a historic landmark and doing work to it is very hard. It's the town and house where prohibition got it's roots with the Women's Temperance Union- some meetings were held in the house in the 20's apparently. Hilarious considering the current occupants (me and my wife)! Boozers and athiests, hah!

Jul 29, 2009 at 1:14 AM Post #1,811 of 3,352
Quote:

Originally Posted by moonboy403 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When's your Ref1 coming?

Looks like it shipped today according to the A-gd website. If history holds true he'll have it tomorrow or Thursday.

Jul 29, 2009 at 1:57 AM Post #1,813 of 3,352
Quote:

Any new opinions? You haven't said much about it.

I'm simply enjoying it too much to say much about what's going on. Way more detailed and enjoyable...but then again I'm coming from an iPod with its DAC, so it's light years ahead of where I came from.

I'm waiting until the 7-10 day mark to really spend time analyzing the sound I'm hearing. It's running 24/7 right now, and I'm being patient and waiting until it's ready to fully say how it sounds.

Jul 29, 2009 at 9:39 AM Post #1,815 of 3,352
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nada /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Has anyone measured the power consumption of the Phoenix?
Id like to know how many watts it sucks out of the grid as a measure of how well it will work as a heater for my study!
Please post your readings if you have a power meter.

Aren't you Queensland? You could use it as a central heating unit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back