Audio-GD NFB-11.32 & NFB-11 (2014) (Delivery & Impression Thread)!!!
Sep 14, 2012 at 11:47 AM Post #76 of 3,093
Thanks for explanation, but let me elaborate a bit:
3. There is no OPA in default configuration, but still a option to couple it with standalone OPA modules: "[size=small]NFB-5 can bypass the OPA for best neutral sound or replace the OPA for different sound flavors.[/size]"
4. I meant nfb-5.32, unlike the Reference-5.32, its based on WM8741 pair similarly with nfb-15.1.

Sep 14, 2012 at 10:51 PM Post #77 of 3,093

Sup has done a good job with the first 4 questions.

I can positively state that the 11.32 does an outstanding job with the HE-400s. Changing the pleather pads to the velour pads on the HE-400 makes them much less dark.

Sep 15, 2012 at 12:36 AM Post #78 of 3,093
Quote:
Thanks man....$33.50 is very reasonable to the US.Can anyone explain to me what the $20 TCXO (80mhz)upgrade for the ES9018 is?.....Worth it for 20 bucks?.........I've been looking at the 11.32 and the Twin 8741 Wolfson Dac chip in the Valab WM8741 from Taiwan.

Any feedback on Wm8741 versus the Es9018 would be much appreciated.....Thanks guys,Peter

Going by my experience with various Sabre DACs, I'd definitely get the better clock chip. 

Quote:
The Ref 7.1 sounds great... And Yes it should do so (otherwise I should be very disapointed).. But switching between these two channels on the NFB-6 (well burned in) gives in my opinion "too small difference" on the same musicmaterial. Read this in a positive way, as it's meant and don't misunderstand this. What I mean is that the NFB-11.32  used as a dac are competeing with one of the best dac's out there for reasonable money, and it can stand tall in this comparison. The Ref 7.1 has a bit more body ...but when listening to Diana Krall and others on good 24/96 and higher-recordings are fantastic on both (!) chains.

I had a similar experience with the NFB-16 and my Ref 7.1 I think the better USB input and Kingwa's continued work on improving the quality of the digital input in general has made a huge difference.

Sep 15, 2012 at 5:12 PM Post #79 of 3,093
Quote:

Hello Warrax,

Well, I never listened to the NFB-12 so really can't compare.  I would say the NFB-11.32 would be an upgrade, using the Sabre chip and the 32/384 usb implementation.  It is more detailed and transparent.  Very good all-in-one device.

Thank for you comment.
And what about to compare NFB 11.32 to NFB 5.32?
Upgrade to NFB 11.32 will cost me 80 euro
Upgrade to NFB 5.32 will cost me 175 euro.

I would like to ask (someone), if there is reasonable upgrade in sound quality, between NFB 11.32 and NFB 5.32. I know, NFB 5.32 have more power, but I am using active monitor speakers, and 300 ohm HD600, so I think even NFB 11.32 would have enough power to drive them.

Sep 15, 2012 at 7:49 PM Post #80 of 3,093
Very,very frustrated...still cannot extract the SETUP.EXE file in order to install the driver for the 11.32 Usb input......tried this about 30 times....nothing works.MiamiHeat Fan has been terrific in trying to help me,but nothing works.

Kingwa says that the only way is to extract the file,which I can't figure out,I'd appreciate any input,as I'm going to sell this and get another Dac,that will download drivers automatically.

Thankx for letting me vent
mad.gif
....peter

Sep 15, 2012 at 10:51 PM Post #81 of 3,093
I've zipped the archives instead:

http://amos.io/y/agd-usb-mac

http://amos.io/y/agd-usb-win

Sep 16, 2012 at 12:22 AM Post #82 of 3,093
Quote:
Very,very frustrated...still cannot extract the SETUP.EXE file in order to install the driver for the 11.32 Usb input......tried this about 30 times....nothing works.MiamiHeat Fan has been terrific in trying to help me,but nothing works.

Kingwa says that the only way is to extract the file,which I can't figure out,I'd appreciate any input,as I'm going to sell this and get another Dac,that will download drivers automatically.

Thankx for letting me vent
mad.gif
....peter

Do you get an error ? Which Operating System are you running ? There's something else going on if its failing to even extract the setup executable 

Try running Currawong's version

If your running a PC, you can probably get away with right clicking and installing the driver .inf - right click - select install on the inf appropriate to your OS, and doing a reboot once it installs, should detect the device on reboot. 

Found here : http://www.audio-gd.com/Audio-gdUSB32forwindows.rar

In the following directory once extracted.
 Audio-gdUSB32forwindows\Audio-gdUSB32forwindows\viaudusb\Driver

Sep 16, 2012 at 1:55 AM Post #87 of 3,093
Quote:

Sounds like non-admin/restricted user issue to me...

I suggest a quick TeamViewer session lead by some more experienced Windows/NFB-11.32 user.

I was able to extract setup.exe with the file that was posted here.The windows installer said file was installed successfully....but then said one of the components failed to install.I'm checking now to see if the installer is out of date......Going to tackle this in the morning....thanks to all.....peter

Sep 16, 2012 at 3:28 AM Post #89 of 3,093
Quote:
If the driver can finished install but at last have a window refer one of the components failed to install ,that is while install the driver , the USB device have not connect with the computer and power on.

The 11.32 is powered on and the usb is connected.I know this for sure because when I power on,windows say's"unknown usb device"(because it doesn't have the driver,yet)
peter

Sep 16, 2012 at 3:49 AM Post #90 of 3,093
"Unknown USB Device" can be solved with re-seating installed USB firmware chip or installing "new" USB firmware chip (chip provided with each NFB-11.32).

More details about USB firmware chip installation can be found in this very thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back