Audio-GD NFB-11.32 & NFB-11 (2014) (Delivery & Impression Thread)!!!
Sep 16, 2012 at 5:49 AM Post #91 of 3,093
Quote:

Sup has done a good job with the first 4 questions.

I can positively state that the 11.32 does an outstanding job with the HE-400s. Changing the pleather pads to the velour pads on the HE-400 makes them much less dark.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/604583/hifiman-he-400-review - right here MattTCG states, that he didn't like audio-gd compass/he-400 bundle. I'm almost sure that compass used same f[size=x-small]ully discrete ACSS headphone amp, as in their other products. So how can you be so sure, if you haven't tried it yourself?[/size]

Sep 16, 2012 at 8:21 PM Post #92 of 3,093
Quote:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/604583/hifiman-he-400-review - right here MattTCG states, that he didn't like audio-gd compass/he-400 bundle. I'm almost sure that compass used same f[size=x-small]ully discrete ACSS headphone amp, as in their other products. So how can you be so sure, if you haven't tried it yourself?[/size]

I can be sure because I have tried it myself....look at my signature.

Sep 17, 2012 at 1:19 AM Post #95 of 3,093
Quote:

Do you get an error ? Which Operating System are you running ? There's something else going on if its failing to even extract the setup executable 

Try running Currawong's version

If your running a PC, you can probably get away with right clicking and installing the driver .inf - right click - select install on the inf appropriate to your OS, and doing a reboot once it installs, should detect the device on reboot. 

Found here : http://www.audio-gd.com/Audio-gdUSB32forwindows.rar

In the following directory once extracted.
 Audio-gdUSB32forwindows\Audio-gdUSB32forwindows\viaudusb\Driver

Tonite,I was able to extract and run your file....It installed something called:"Audio-gd USB Audio Control Panel".......It gives me a choice of 16bit or 24bit.......Under ASIO Driver Status it says "Non-Active"-stop.......I'm wondering if this is a download for the panel,not the driver........Windows still says "Unknown USB Device".......The 11.32 is on and I've tried 6 different usb cables.......Things improved when I went from Internet Ex-8 back to 7.......With I E-7,Currawong's file no longer said "Forbidden",but i still couldn't extract setup.exe from his file'

Next,I may go with kingwa's suggestion to reseat the chip or change it for the volume one......Thanks,Peter

Sep 17, 2012 at 2:50 AM Post #97 of 3,093
Quote:
Your succeed install driver must had  wrong, it is the TE8802 driver.
Can you try to  download the driver V1.0 on another computer  and upzip, store in a external flash then push into your computer for install?
http://www.audio-gd.com/Pro/dac/USB32/USB32EN.htm

That's a great idea kingwa......I'll be able to try this end of the week,I'll let you know....Thanks,Peter

Sep 17, 2012 at 6:39 AM Post #98 of 3,093
Quote:
Quote:

Sup has done a good job with the first 4 questions.

I can positively state that the 11.32 does an outstanding job with the HE-400s. Changing the pleather pads to the velour pads on the HE-400 makes them much less dark.

The Compass didn't use ACSS circuits, which aren't used to drive headphones anyway, but are a gain stage prior to the circuits that drive the headphones. 
smile.gif

Sep 20, 2012 at 4:19 AM Post #101 of 3,093
Quote:
If the driver can finished install but at last have a window refer one of the components failed to install ,that is while install the driver , the USB device have not connect with the computer and power on.

Hi Kingwa,I finally was able to extract the SETUP.EXE file.I ran a malwarebytes scan and it found a virus or malware named:"PUP.ADBUNDLE".This was in the Downloads.set,exe file.I delete the malware and the set,exe file extracted,but when I went to windows installer,it said:One component did not install(11.32 is on and usb cable is installed.

It still says "Unknown device" when I plug in Usb to the 11.32.Tomorrow,I'm going to open it up and put in the volume chip and I'll also check to see if the original chip was seated correctly.......peter

Sep 20, 2012 at 11:24 PM Post #102 of 3,093
Quote:

I think it is the chip containing NFB-11.32's modified USB interface firmware that KingWa has been referring to in his previous post on this thread:

By free interpretation of his words:

It contains USB firmware that allows users to change output volume in installed driver software or OS control panel. With original (pre-installed) USB input firmware chip the output volume in driver software and/or OS was fixed to 100% and non changeable.

Be warned that if you install firmware chip incorrectly - you will break your NFB-11.32!

(That most probably means that you can "turn chip around" and push it wrong way in it's socket by not taking care where pin 1 of the chip should reside. So be careful - take note of the orientation of pre-installed firmware chip before pulling it off and be sure you installed new firmware chip in the same orientation.)

Am I correct that the top of the chip is the part with the indentation in the white border?......thanks,peter

Users who are viewing this thread

Back